Magnesium Defeciency in SFV OG

• Thread starter KersD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
buddahslave

buddahslave

Most are bouncing back, but many have died!
DSC 0165

KersD

KersD

Try foliar spraying them with water. If you want to save them you have to get aggressive on repair. The lights need to be on 24 hours. The roots are probably fried in that small pot thats there. It might be best just to start over because it's not like baking a cake trying to save plants you can only do the best you can, but if I was in your shoes I would fight harder to save these plants so in the future you learn and have the experience to bring your plants back from wilt. Shit flows down hill, you broke one thing and as a result several things are starting to fall apart. We have all gone through it, it's just your turn:cigar:

I'd like to start by saying there are many more reasons than this happening that made me want to give up this run.. I can't just start over tho, its not that easy for me. I had to go thru hell to get these shitty ass clones and these are the only ones I have! I have another thread about my clones not rooting that i had taken weeks ago to keep the strain going. But being that this is such a finicky strain maybe its not the best one for me to start out with, plus the room I built just wont suffice. Me and my Fiance are going thru some very difficult financial trouble right now and it came as a big surprise to us both! Your post made me feel like a quitter tho and I told myself I wasn't gonna accept failure with this in the beginning. I did cull the smaller one already but as for the one I was going to flower, I decided to see if I could save her, for the sake of experience if nothing else. Ive been foliar spraying her and I flushed her with a gal. of 0.25EC comprised of 1ml Superthrive, 3ml FloraBlend, 1ml Calimagic, 2.5ml Silica blast, and 2.5ml of Diamond Nectar Humic acid, Ph 5.7 .. LOL runoff was 2.7EC but the Ph was 5.7 so thats better then the last 2 times putting in 5.7 and coming out 6.3.. Got her sittin in the middle of my kitchen with the lights on and my humidifier running pointing just by her. We'll see.. I had to battle to bring these babies back to life when I first got them and I did it.

KersD

KersD

Most are bouncing back, but many have died!View attachment 342434

God Damn she stretches dont she??? Fucking buds hittin the glass on your lights and some just kept on going straight up past the motherfuckers!! hahaha!! I found a story on how the SFV strain came about which Im sure theres hundreds, but I like to think this one is the truth, LOL idk why.. here it is.
"by Mysta
OG Kush, Bubba Kush and The West Coast Dog.
"In late '93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and
Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old
World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around
So. L.A. county in '95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told
him "this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro". The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush. In the spring of '96 Putz married
a girl from New Zealand. Before moving there he sent cuts of his OG to me and Bob(beans) in Salinas Ca. He gave all his
P1 stock and all the remaining seed he had to ****(mad dog) from Downey Ca. In late '96 **** sold some seed to some guys
in the Valley. That's where the San Fernando Valley cut of OG comes from. It's like the Original only more sat in pheno
type. **** sold a cut of the original to a guy in Orange county and that cut is called Larry today. It's still around
Orange county. **** sent one other cut of the original OG to a breeder in Europe. As far as I know he never let anyone
else have it.
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a
pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob.
It became known as the West Coast Dog.Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and
bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba Kush."
Its gotta be that Lemon Thai!! give its that fire ass Pinesol Stink but makes it STRETCH!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
WOW, KersD, that's heartbreaking seeing that. I've only had a chance to skim through the rest of the thread, any idea why this is happening? I've just done something similar to some cuts of Purple Cheddar, killed one cut completely--by using JMS Stylet oil that I hadn't mixed up well enough. Even in the DARK, they just continued to shrivel up and fry.

KersD

KersD

WOW, KersD, that's heartbreaking seeing that. I've only had a chance to skim through the rest of the thread, any idea why this is happening? I've just done something similar to some cuts of Purple Cheddar, killed one cut completely--by using JMS Stylet oil that I hadn't mixed up well enough. Even in the DARK, they just continued to shrivel up and fry.

Crazy I was just sitting here wondering if you were gonna see my updates... Man, Heartbreaking is a real good word for the feeling I had when I saw this. Well, Im 99.9% positive it was the heat, It got up to 95 at least for idk how long but it could have been a few hours! It was just very strange to me that the bigger plant, while obviously showing signs of heat stress didnt look nearly as bad and after her dark period, along with the humidifier running dry it got up to 85 degrees for a couple hours in the morning and I guess with the stress from the day before it was enough to push her past her limit.. But, I think budda gave a good point for me that the lights need to be on 24/7 right now. My first thought when I saw the smaller one getting worse was to put her in the dark and cool and let her stabilize, but when I gave her the long dark period she looked much worse. And as i said in an earlier post I decided to just cull her out. BUT, with my inspiration to try and save the plant as a learning experience from you and Budda, I dimmed the light Big time but Ive kept her under it and gave her a good water plus a few Foliar sprays, and even with dimming the canopy is still sitting just below 80 and I just got up a bit ago to check on her, and she doesnt look any worse, Thats a plus LOL! I gave her a good flush watering yesterday and I know shes got a hot medium since she drank up all the water instead of the nutes my EC going in was 0.25 and runoff was 2.5! Im gonna keep her nice and watered and keep up on foliar's of just straight water, which reminds me. Should I be adjusting the Ph of my foliar spray water? cuz I never have.. Anyway tho shes a strong plant and I know for a fact she has a very strong Healthy root system, although I dont know how well My bennies are doing in there with that Hot ass Synthetic coco, Im trying to battle it with silica and vegan stuff, gonna give her a real good flush of the"OG Veganic Special Sauce" tommorow. Thanks for checking in Maiden, its always good to hear from you!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have never adjusted pH of foliars unless I'm using a product that says you must. Otherwise, it's good, clean water and whatever I'm using (which, to be fair, are usually only compost teas, Cap's bennies if I'm feelin' froggy or they're stressed, sea salts and milk).

KersD

KersD

SFV is the most sensitive plant I have ever grown. I had a heat problem that turned into a salt problem that turned into a cal mag iron problem. My room got hot this summer so the plants stop taking up the nutes and only drank the water so the salt was left behind in my rockwool. To correct I flushed the plants but the roots were fried so I need to rebuild the roots with Aqua Shield. Running Aqua Shield by it self caused a cal mag problem which needed to be address. All this is on going as I type. So you are not alone, we do the best we can to pick up the pieces. Hang in there or start over it's your call:cigar:

I know the coco is hot as fuck but Maybe rockwool is worse on roots with that shit cuz I know the roots are good, partly becuase when I culled that plant yesterday her roots were Beautiful still, always have been. I feel like these plants can handle pretty high EC as long as it's balanced and nothings locking out anything else.. Im new tho so I could be wrong..

KersD

KersD

I have never adjusted pH of foliars unless I'm using a product that says you must. Otherwise, it's good, clean water and whatever I'm using (which, to be fair, are usually only compost teas, Cap's bennies if I'm feelin' froggy or they're stressed, sea salts and milk).

Thanks, I didn't think it had to be corrected cuz that more of a Medium/Root thing right? And I didnt really wanna acidify something to below Ph 6.0 and spray it on the leaves.. Ohhh yeah, you told me to add a sticker to my foliar feedings and I know you specifically said not to use Dawn, but i have a small bottle of Dawn dishwashing Soap (NOT DETERGENT) its some new stuff thats good for washing your hands too cuz its got some botanicals or some shit idk, but I did put just a few drops in with my Mg/So4 and sprayed them both the other night. I havent given them this for a few weeks cuz we figured out it was more of a P- problem, but just for the hell of it the first day I saw the smaller plant was burnt and the larger one had pretty bad heat stress I gave em a foliar of this, I figured they could use the foliar spray to cool them down, and a lot of Darker Purple was still there. It didnt clear up any color so it must not be Mag- but this is another variable that happened coinsidencely right before they both turned worse?

KersD

KersD

I see all the Cap's bennies things on here and Havent really checked it out yet, is it the same as the OG Biowar Tea's and that line? cuz the OG Veganic special sauce is a microbial tea that can be brewed cuz they added food for the lil bastards in there, or you can just mix it up really good and water with it. It can be used as a foliar spray tho also, and you said you use bennies in foliar when they're stressed. do you think it would be good as a foliar? I only have a fairly small free sample and the foliar directions use quite a bit of it, so Im thinking of starting brewing tonight and flush her with it tommorow since I just watered her yesterday evening.. Ohh wait I gotta ask about the Milk comment?? You use milk in your foliars?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, that's exactly it--OGBiowar. Follow his directions.

Yes, I feed raw milk as a foliar, outside only because it's expensive and the goal is to build up a better soil structure and profile by inviting in certain plants. I then try to drop as much foliage as I feel is prudent in place, so as to return all that goodness to the soil and encourage more/better (mo' bettah?) biological activity. While I don't currently plan on ever using the land for grazing, those plants that are found in good pasture are what we generally find much more desirable than milk, bull and yellow star thistle, which I'd like to DIScourage.

KersD

KersD

I had to scrap the grow.. not because i couldnt bring her back cuz she was definetely going to survive it just was gonna take a while for her to be prime and ready for flower.. I had some serious Legal issues Pop up out of nowhere. Don't want to talk about it on here but @ the moment I feel MUCH MUCH safer having nothing actually going on. I have a case out of a different county so they can come and search whenever they want, although they never have. ANYWAY! Just wanted to let anyone who was following this thread know that their will be no further updates. Both plants and clones are all gone... Besides the above mentioned reason, I have some serious financial trouble that I did not have when I started this venture. I thought I would have enough $$ to keep going no problem, but Lost my Job out of nowhere.. When it rains it fucking POURS!! Plus my room had too many issues. I have a shit load of CFL's I already opened so There's my Veg. setup now. Ohh, Idk if I ever mentioned that since i started this thread I came up on 2 600w hps air cooled hoods, with bulbs and Lumatek digital MH/HPS Ballasts (Not dimmable tho), a 30 site "EZ-Cloner" all working, and a 12000 BTU mobile AC unit with Dehumidifier Mode. All Items mentioned above for $240!! Hahahaha That's a steal of a deal if Ive ever seen one I'd say! The hoods are nice too! I cant remember the name of the company but they're made in Canada, and they have a pebbled mirror finish with 6 inch duct ports of course. So when all my shit gets cleared up and I find a new place, Who knows when that will be, but sooner than later hopefully! LOL, anyway I will be bulding a complete room with seperate Veg, and Bloom rooms. I'm thinking I'll start with just the one 600w Cuz I already have a 4" Carbon Filter and 4" 175cfm Fan for exhaust and All i gotta buy is a nice 6 inch fan with Im thinking about 250cfm for the light, seperate from room exhaust. The plan is to not need the AC. Maybe in summer months or When Im ready to add the 2nd 600w light.. Oh yeah and I'm Most likely going to start with 5Gal DWC bucket systems cuz I already have ALL of the equipment needed to build them myself, I actually already built 2 buckets that are 3.5 gal and they are really nice Hydrofarm Lids and setup with water level gauges. I'm Rambling now, But I want to thank EVERYONE that added info on this thread and helped me out, special thanks to the Fair Maiden of the Sea for putting up with my shit and stickin it out with me, Special thanks to SilverHaze and Buddahslave for all the help and tips and motivation.. I'm not stoppin!! Im already hooked so however long it takes I WILL Grow again! and I continue to frequent this forum to read and learn and chime in from time to time as well as reading more books and watching more videos.. Thanks again everyone. and BTW the plant WAS going to live I know it was..

SuperSilverHaze

SuperSilverHaze

sorry to hear about the issues causing you to tear down but you did the smart thing and im sure we will be here once you set back up.

good luck

peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I am truly sorry to hear of your troubles, may they pass with a quickness. I was hoping to see you succeed in this grow, but it looks like we'll all have to put that off for a little while.

Top Bottom