Magnum Plus 2 4x4 THCsnow Closet Grow

• Thread starter GreenGuyLED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GreenGuyLED

Hey everyone!
So here's the skinny. I've been growing under 1000 waters for the past 15 years or so and my bro that owns a hydro store here on the west coast has convinced me to run a test for him using some new led light technology he is considering carrying in his store. I'm not convinced but I'm getting a free light out of the deal so wtf right?
Here is the scoop on the grow;
1 magnum plus2 led grow light
4 THC Snow feminized seeds
2 x 3 gallon standard pots
2 x 3 gallon airpots (strange looking shit)
Pro Mix soil
Advanced nutrients Jungle Juice 3 part lineup with Big Bud, Penetrator and CalMag+
I'm gonna veg for 3-4 weeks depending on the rate of growth, I'm planning on flipping the girls at 24 inches. This is my first time growing with LED and my first time growing THCsnow strain so I'm not quite sure what to expect but from what I hear this strain is a pretty decent producer so 3-4 zips per plant should be the target.
In terms of the light, I hooked it up to a kilowatt meter and it is drawing 330w constant power and the initial fireup is around 360w. My first impression is that its definitely a cool looking piece of equipment and it is incredibly bright. Coverage looks decent and there seems to be more than enough light in my 4x4 closet.
The beans are soaking and starting to pop so I would expect the next update to be in a couple of days when I put the sprouts into plugs.
Like I said, I'm new to this LED thing but have lots of grow time under my belt so hopefully I can answer any questions you might have.
Peace
GGLED

Magnum plus 2 4x4 thcsnow closet growMagnum plus 2 4x4 thcsnow closet grow 2Magnumplus2

G

GreenGuyLED

20121219 10185820121219 10180220121219 09552520121216 133854 1

transplanted the ladies today into their new homes. the root development is way better than the CFL I was using to pop seeds previously.

Medijuana

Medijuana

What made you decide to try two different types of pots? BTW, the Airpots will need to be watered more often than those traditional pots. I'm sure you're aware, but just in case ;)

G

GreenGuyLED

What made you decide to try two different types of pots? BTW, the Airpots will need to be watered more often than those traditional pots. I'm sure you're aware, but just in case ;)

The local store is pushing these pots now saying that they promote massive root expansion. I'll try anything once ;)

G

GreenGuyLED

IMG 1812IMG 1811IMG 1810IMG 1809IMG 1808IMG 1807IMG 1806 IMG 1813

So today is day 7 from seed. I had a bit of a cal mag issue developing so hit the girls with GH calmag+, problem solved. I have never given plants calmag this early into the grow in over 15 years. So there appears to be a huge demand for calmag when growing with these new high intensity LEDs. So far things look great, I'm really impressed by the lack of heat produced by this light, my room is around 78 degrees daytime and drops down to 71 at night so I'm pretty happy with that. Have a good weekend everyone!

G

GreenGuyLED

IMG 1820IMG 1819IMG 1818IMG 1817IMG 1816IMG 1815 IMG 1821

Calmag fixed the issue, fed the ladies again today along with GH calmag+. Plants are 4.5 inches tall and looking damn fine for 11 days from germination.

Medijuana

Medijuana

One thing I've just noticed: you should bring the soil level as close to the top of the Airpots as possible. The first two or three rows of cones do not have holes for the roots to come through. This is so that the soil can create an evaporative barrier; otherwise you risk your soil drying out very quickly. Progress looks good so far!

Will you be flowering under this light too?

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

I can attest to that super roots air pots. They be super good and the root growth does get massive. I know from using them myself. I used the MAG plus led though. They make for a good combo. What kind of perlite to soil mix do you mix % wise? I was told to use a 60% Perlite, and the other 40% soil. I been using that mix for the last year. It sure as heck makes some beautiful plants. The calmag is mandatory for sure with these leds. I will be away for the next 4 days on holiday, but when I get back, I will blast you a few pics of some Alien Grenades in that same setup.
I know you will be surprised with the results, or at least satisfied with what you will have. I will subscribe to this one for sure. Aloha and happy growing and healing. PL.

G

GreenGuyLED

I am 19 days into this grow from seed now. The calmag issue has been completely resolved by adding in calmag plus from GH. Nutes are up to full strength as suggested by the manufacturer. These plants look unreal at this stage of the grow. The internode spacing and budsite development is amazing compared to vegging under MH.

IMG 1822IMG 1823IMG 1824IMG 1825IMG 1826IMG 1827IMG 1828IMG 1829IMG 1830IMG 1831

G

GreenGuyLED

One thing I've just noticed: you should bring the soil level as close to the top of the Airpots as possible. The first two or three rows of cones do not have holes for the roots to come through. This is so that the soil can create an evaporative barrier; otherwise you risk your soil drying out very quickly. Progress looks good so far!

Will you be flowering under this light too?

I will be flowering under this light. I am planning on flipping them at 28"

G

GreenGuyLED

I can attest to that super roots air pots. They be super good and the root growth does get massive. I know from using them myself. I used the MAG plus led though. They make for a good combo. What kind of perlite to soil mix do you mix % wise? I was told to use a 60% Perlite, and the other 40% soil. I been using that mix for the last year. It sure as heck makes some beautiful plants. The calmag is mandatory for sure with these leds. I will be away for the next 4 days on holiday, but when I get back, I will blast you a few pics of some Alien Grenades in that same setup.
I know you will be surprised with the results, or at least satisfied with what you will have. I will subscribe to this one for sure. Aloha and happy growing and healing. PL.

I am running straight up promix which is around 10% perlite. I wish I had of known about the perlite ratio before I started this grow. I'll probably do another test right after this grow and try this light out on a 6ft stomper and see if I can pull a couple of pounds off of one single plant like I do with HPS.

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

I am 19 days into this grow from seed now. The calmag issue has been completely resolved by adding in calmag plus from GH. Nutes are up to full strength as suggested by the manufacturer. These plants look unreal at this stage of the grow. The internode spacing and budsite development is amazing compared to vegging under MH.]

I agree with you on bud sites and vegging. I used to get my cuts from a buddy with MH. I could tell the difference when I got my light in and started doing them myself. From then on everything else is history. I am happy with my Mag+, but will still be getting me that Mag2. Keep up the good work. Happy growing. PL.

619ster

619ster

Interesting grow! I like LEDs, and I like airpots lol. I doubt you will be matching what your 1000w hps can do, but shouldn't be too hard getting a gram per watt from some mag grows I've seen. You may even notice better tasting and more potent herbs. Of course not with this being first run with the strain, but maybe second round or with a more known strain. Anyway, here to watch it all unfold!

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

I can tell one thing that will not match up or compare to Hps when using led. That would be the electric bill. Hehehe. Way cheaper. Although the yield won't be as great as a 1000w hps, I really wondered what would a 1000w of led lighting would yield side by side against that same 1000w hps? Comparing 330w leds to 1000w hps seems a little weird if you ask me. This is why I think people get all tripped out and cut down leds. Would be good to see that one answered for once. That would be a great test to see. Have a great day. PL.

G

GreenGuyLED

I can tell one thing that will not match up or compare to Hps when using led. That would be the electric bill. Hehehe. Way cheaper. Although the yield won't be as great as a 1000w hps, I really wondered what would a 1000w of led lighting would yield side by side against that same 1000w hps? Comparing 330w leds to 1000w hps seems a little weird if you ask me. This is why I think people get all tripped out and cut down leds. Would be good to see that one answered for once. That would be a great test to see. Have a great day. PL.

I'd say so far this light is easily on par in terms of what I would have expected growing under a 1000w MH at this stage of the game. One thing I can't attest to is that the MH would be producing this much chlorophyll or have this many budsites at this point. I'm quite surprised at the green and the internode development on these plants. Could be just the strain so I'm thinking I'll fire up a 1000w and do a side by side in another room.

Once we see how many days it takes to veg under this led light I'll use that as the marker to flip in a side by side. That way I can accurately gauge the rate of vegetative growth which will in turn directly affect the yield.

I'm actually starting to become quite interested in this new technology now that i'm into this grow.

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

I'm at the end of my 2nd year with led. Already bought 2 different ones and will get a 3rd. I was impressed from the start. I might be a little biased for Led because its the only light I ever used to do inside. Only thing I had to compare were friends that had cuts and finished product from HID. It would be nice to see you do a side by side for factual reference. Thanks for your hard work on this log and grow. Keep doing the good work. Peace and Happy Healing. PL.

Pakalolo Laau

Pakalolo Laau

Lush Lighting. What is the website for your lights? Would be interested in reading up on your lights too. Always room for more knowledge and info when it comes to led. I already tried 2 as you have seen in my earlier posts. Both did well for me. I really don't play the g per watt game at all. Just want something that can put out a 4 to 6 footer no problems. That is the led I am wanting to see. Genetics aside, I'd like to see a tall bush in my closet for once. Would be righteous to accomplish with led. Happy healing. PL.

Top Bottom