Magnum XXXL Reflector?

• Thread starter sirshamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sirshamus

Just wondering if any of you farmers have or know somone who has a magnum xxxl or great white reflector. Ran across them on bghydro and they are huge. Thinking I would like one. Only running a 600, might be overkill?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The XXXL is the biggest footprint available to date from and inclosed air cooled hood..i have done a few installs now with them and they are wonderful, just make sure you have the room because they are big..

Did 4 of them using 1k's on a heavy duty mover that rocks

Tex

S

sirshamus

Thanks Tex, I have a 4x4 dr120. Sure that would be enough room. Just wondering if there would be an advantage to one of those monsters.

H

hygrade

i was wondering the same thing,i pretty much already convinced myself that this will be my next hood.i too plan on running a 600 watt in it.unless i hear a good reason not to i'll be ordering this coming week and will gladly post the results once it's hanging.

hey tex, do they cool pretty easy with that wide & flat type of shape?

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey guys I am running one of them Mcguillicutty's in my secrete Jardin Dr 150.. I am most impressed. Just like Tex said biggest footprint available..

Picture176.jpg

GTD

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I forgot to add that I am running a 1000 watt HPS

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Magnum XXXL

Largest reflector in the industry at 32 1/2" long x 26 1/4" wide x 7 3/4" tall
Includes tempered glass, built-in socket & 15 ft. lamp cord
Completely sealed - featuring gasketed glass and integrated retention bars to hold glass tightly in place
95% reflective German aluminum interior offers excellent reflectivity and diffusion
Re-strike bend above the lamp for optimum performance
Powder-coated galvanized steel body
Aerodynamic junction box improves airflow & cooling
Maximum air cooling with built-in 6" fittings

Imgutility
Imgutility1
Imgutility2
N

n0dn4rb

i think i've just found my next hood...i've been looking for something that can handle a 1k HPS with a nice footprint and this fits the bill perfectly...anyone else have any shots or advice?

hygrade did you pick one up yet?

S

skunkypaul

wow thats a huge hood how much are they
and are they available in the uk?

S

sirsmokealot

Right now I have a bunch of the 6" XXXl's and am using them with 600 watters. They def throw a nice even spread of light! I held up a 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 tray under one at the hydro store and it fits just about perfectly under the hood. So as soon as I harvest and get some cash together I think thats what Im gonna use under each hood for the next run. Right now I have some giant trees that got vegged far too long and can only fit aboout 2 plants under each hood. Next time I'm gonna do 10-12 plants per light. They also just came out with an 8" XXXl thats even bigger! If I was gonna do 1000 watters I would go with the 8". I am kinda tempted to get a 750 watt basllast and try that in 1 of the XXXls...

The only complaint is that they aren't air tight and need to be taped in order to not suck your co2 out of the room...

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
sir where did you find them that cheap there raping where im at i think it was about time a company made sumthing like thiis i thought about this years ago

S

sirsmokealot

sir where did you find them that cheap there raping where im at i think it was about time a company made sumthing like thiis i thought about this years ago

my buddy friend used to have the NGW wholesale license/catalog and we got a bunch of stuff through him. Only problem was they delivery guy tried to drop our pallet off at Green Coast Hydro in SB and Mike Stone apparently called up NGW and had his licensed revoked...:fubar

S

Somnambulist

The only complaint is that they aren't air tight and need to be taped in order to not suck your co2 out of the room...

The 6", right? Man, thats a bummer, they claimed it was air tight.

How much leak is there? I was thinking of picking one of these up but want a pretty much airtight seal to keep co2/smells from being pulled out throught the reflector.

B

Boywonder

when are we goner get some sunmaster in the uk ...ffs :(

I've managed to track down an authorized dealer in the Uk :) I'll keep u posted as to prices and availability etc :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom