Mahavishnu’s Growchestra (Critical Plus, Widow, SSH, CBD)

• Thread starter _mahavishnu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Day 56 since flip today, closing out the 8th week flowering. The difference between last week and this one is awesome, everybody is leaning under the weight of their buds. All lights are at full blast, humidity is pinned to 35%, temps range 79-82 at lights on then drop to around 65 at night. We sealed up the windows to improve insulation during lights off and hopefully cut electric use keeping the place heated.

The SSH is changing appearance dramatically, the structures that make up the buds are swelling up massively. Still tons of new white hairs, so I have no doubt she’ll take a few more weeks. Smells very skunky and classic.
View attachment 1062565
View attachment 1062566

Cream & Cheese CBD has also begun to swell up, but new hairs haven’t stopped on her either. This one smells like black cherry soda to me, so syrupy sweet. Very interested to see how she smokes with her claimed ~18-20% THC and near the same CBD.
View attachment 1062567
View attachment 1062569

White Widow is far behind the others, which is annoying because we’ve intended to use this space to dry. That can’t happen if widow needs two more weeks after everyone else is done. Smell is finally emerging, but nothing special or really identifiable. Just greenness and weed.
View attachment 1062568
View attachment 1062570

Critical Plus 2.0 is probably closest to the finish line, which makes sense when you consider that Dinafem claims a 45-50 day flowering period for this strain. Still, also looks like 1-2 weeks more for her at this point. She’s settled into her fermented fruit and sharp citrus blend of smells now. Definitely looks like a winner in terms of yield
View attachment 1062571
View attachment 1062572

and the room
View attachment 1062573

been tapering down the PBPG since the middle of this week, down from around 1000ppm to 600 at this point and giving less with each feeding. By the middle of next week it’ll likely be just water.

I’m at the point where my stress is at the absolute max, I’m worried all day about making sure these girls finish up strong, without running out of food before they’re actually ready, and without feeding too close to harvest and ending up with hay smell in the jar like my last plant. Also not totally confident in my ability to identify peak harvest.

With that said, I wanna call on everyone who has helped me get this far, just to make sure I’m not on my way to screwing something up with my current plans: @sshz , @Milson , @Dirtbag , @MIMedGrower , @Aqua Man , @bellumromanum , @beluga , @amekins , much love and thanks to all of you already! I’d appreciate your judgment of my guesses at these plants’ harvest dates, my decision to begin tapering nutes at this point, etc. Would now be a good point to cut out the Recharge and reduce the availability of organics in the soil?

A big special shout-out to sshz for his incredible generosity in sending me a pH pen recently, plus gummies because why wouldn’t he. Not to take too much inspiration from his grows, but those gummies convinced me to get myself a 6-pack of Orange Gasm for Black Friday and throw one or two in the next grow.

Thanks again to everyone who has chatted with me on these forums over the last few months. I have no doubt this grow has gone many orders of magnitude more smoothly with all of your help. So close now.

Awesome man! I love seeing this forum help people succeed. Grow looks fantastic!!

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

Thank you guys seriously, I get almost star struck looking at all of your previous successes lol. It’s really reassuring hearing from y’all that things look good.

Do my estimates of 1-2 weeks (critical) 2-3 weeks (SSH/CBD) and beyond (widow) seem about right? I refuse to screw up this first indoor one by pulling too early.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you guys seriously, I get almost star struck looking at all of your previous successes lol. It’s really reassuring hearing from y’all that things look good.

Do my estimates of 1-2 weeks (critical) 2-3 weeks (SSH/CBD) and beyond (widow) seem about right? I refuse to screw up this first indoor one by pulling too early.
There is one rule with harvest... the plants are done when they are done. I watch for the swelling to stop, water uptake to drop off alot, more hairs orange, cloudy trichs with very few if any clear. Sometimes that means more or less amber. But thats just me and I find usually atleast a week sometimes 2 or more longer than the breeder says. Sometimes they come in on time but not often.

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

There is one rule with harvest... the plants are done when they are done. I watch for the swelling to stop, water uptake to drop off alot, more hairs orange, cloudy trichs with very few if any clear. Sometimes that means more or less amber. But thats just me and I find usually atleast a week sometimes 2 or more longer than the breeder says. Sometimes they come in on time but not often.

Thank you, that’s all stuff I’m keeping an eye out for. I noticed runoff happened much faster with my outdoor potted girl in the days before I chopped her.

One thing’s for sure, they’re all still bulking up crazy right now, reelin’ in the yields...stowing away the trichs....gathering up the g’s....sorry

but seriously, blown away by the difference a week makes at this point
A31B711E C7CD 42D3 A614 776CABB9E699
A63601F1 CA5E 41C2 BE2E 62F4D7ED582A

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Thank you, that’s all stuff I’m keeping an eye out for. I noticed runoff happened much faster with my outdoor potted girl in the days before I chopped her.

One thing’s for sure, they’re all still bulking up crazy right now, reelin’ in the yields...stowing away the trichs....gathering up the g’s....sorry

but seriously, blown away by the difference a week makes at this pointView attachment 1062622View attachment 1062623

Frosty and gorgeous brotha, big impress! What dat smell like

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

your grow looks fantastic. Just be patient and continue to post flowers for guidance to harve

more importantly ;-)

i missed your response here.

I think the melodies are just very similar. But they really are close.

No doubt neither of those two were the first to ever descend the major scale stepwise from 6 to 3. Regardless, I’m the type where if it came out that Nintendo had fully ripped that line, more power to em. It sounds awesome. Musicians stealing from other musicians is pretty much the heart of music.

Frosty and gorgeous brotha, big impress! What dat smell like
That one is the CBD strain my bud is growing for personal stash, and she’s run the gamut of fruit sodas so far. Seriously, it smells like the syrup you’d fill a soda fountain with for some kinda black cherry/raspberry drink. When disturbed, it puts out strong grape too. Very little in the way of anything I’ve smelled before, this one is pretty unique. If the effects are nice she might have a steady place in the garden. Frost and yield is impressive, that’s for sure, especially considering this one was germed around 2 weeks behind all the others.

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

So the other day my buddy and I took down that godawful carpet on the wall (which was covering a window) and put insulating film on the window frames, plus cardboard and duct tape over that to get them light tight again.

Somehow in that process the timer got struck and spun, and some of the up pins got depressed. The girls got a day or two of roughly 16/8 before I noticed. I was racing to water them before lights out a few nights ago and then noticed that I never heard the click of the timer afterwards once I was outside. Paranoia set in, I went back to check and found that the lights would’ve been on for four more hours if I hadn’t 💀 I immediately cut the lights off for 12hr from that time.

The next night I pushed all the pins in, rotated the timer back to roughly local time, and reset the cycle. Originally before the fuckup, lights off this flowering cycle landed at 10:48pm. I was just out to check that everything was good, and the lights cut out on me at exactly 10:48pm. I’m not a religious man but I now know that the power of the weed flowed through me on that night to preserve our girls’ precious light cycle exactly as it was supposed to be.

Anyways, snapped these two as the HPS and CMH were fading after the timer clicked. Day 60. Can’t see much but everyone has tons of new pistils. I love and hate that.
2E9F4793 2B85 4DDD 9EA8 24EEAF2AA764
761FC824 79B1 461B 8CF9 423B6EEBADE6

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

Well, the girls came down today. Can’t believe the last post was exactly two weeks ago, and that we made it almost all the way through the 11th week. We could’ve let them go even longer as they still had some white hairs, but I discovered a near-mature seed on the critical plus yesterday, as well as an immature banana on a lower. That was enough for me and my pal, and trichomes were mostly cloudy, some amber at this point despite the constant new hairs. They’ll continue to ripen on the vine as we’ve hung the plants up mostly whole with only fan leaves removed. The widow was taken branch by branch to avoid airflow issues if it were left untouched.

Before:

Critical, SSH in back
85B34BE0 49A8 4D08 BD87 DC07FC8403E8

Critical, top down
3294BF95 DDD6 4B77 AE1E 6F5490C80339

Widow
82A06505 881F 45E6 9273 EC878F306F65

After:

Critical Plus 2.0 (Dinafem)
0204BC3E C37D 4037 91CE 0FD4ADCF89A0

White Widow (Seedsman)
E0F58AA3 0DD8 4F7F BCE6 E6667538441F

SSH (Seedsman)
A6800EE9 D97C 4960 922F 455108195A69

Cream & Cheese 1:1 CBD (Seedsman)
CA187168 414C 4E25 AC6F 98982E5EDD1A

Now lights stay off, the ceiling fan will blow upward on the lowest setting, the box fans point away from the plants, and temp/RH will be pinned as close to 60/60 as possible using heaters/humidifier/dehumidifier. I plan to check in a few hours to ensure things are stable and see how much water I’m using to humidify.

Next official update will be final yields and reviews in another couple weeks, and then we’ll be moving on to the next grow. I think I’ve settled on a plan to pop three orange gasm and four bodhis, for a hopeful total of 4 personal females with one of the orange gasms shared. I think my buddy is running straight kosher kush but I could be wrong. All of this is still subject to change anyways. I actually don’t know if we discussed the potential for herms from the expert seeds strains.

So relieved to be done with these four, though. The last few weeks have been a drag waiting for them to ripen up honestly, and we’re ready to move on to more and better plants.

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

Some better, more detailed shots of top sites from each. You can see the eruptions of new hairs and calyxes that continued non-stop from week 9 through today pretty clearly.

Crit
5F36434A 4801 4084 A75E 361D478512B8

CBD
F39E4835 233B 4584 ACF5 3CE5D71BD4D4

Widow
EE47B636 70CC 4123 9524 490D0DFEB1CF

SSH
4802B2B7 8149 490F 88E8 4176585E8277

Checked the room and my humidifier, set for 60%, had run nonstop and pumped the room up to 75% RH, too quick for the dehuey to deal with. Excellent. Trying with it set to 45% now and hoping the miscalibration is consistent at least.

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

Update: humidifier turns on at correct RH and never turns off after. Walked into 73% RH. I want to fully replace it, but now is not the time for buying things for yourself. I’m broke. It has three power levels, so I am now using the lowest setting as opposed to the highest and seeing if the dehuey can keep up. If it can, it will give me a static ~60% RH at the expense of some electrical efficiency. If not, I’ll know early tomo and have no other choice but to buy a new one. Why are appliances so unreliable? I know why, don’t answer that.

Reactions: PK1
_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

Checked this morning and FINALLY the environment is stable. Heat ranged 58-61 overnight, RH 58-60. Humidifier went through half its reservoir before I checked late last night, but barely used any while I slept. Steam outlet had condensed water around it and was warm this morning, but no steam, so it appears to be turning itself off as it should, once the RH is right. Except that the humidifer’s concept of the “right” RH is 30% higher than what the device is set to.

Reactions: PK1
_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

I took one lowestbranch each from the SSH and critical on chop day to dry quickly in a cardboard box, instead of the long dry we’re giving the main plants. Here’s one bud of the critical plus I trimmed and smoked yesterday:

6474EC48 24AF 4E74 8882 32B4D7D12899

BC5CEE7F E191 48EE 8A81 8C235F823C3C

The smell on this one has been unchanging since mid-late flowering. Overpowering fermented fruit and lemon diesel smells when broken up, pure lemon on the exhale, and pretty much the same high described by any review you’ll find: a quick energizing buzz that makes you want to find something to occupy yourself doing, followed an hour later by a gentle narcotic effect, not a body slam but just a relaxed body feel. Really love this one so far.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I took one lowestbranch each from the SSH and critical on chop day to dry quickly in a cardboard box, instead of the long dry we’re giving the main plants. Here’s one bud of the critical plus I trimmed and smoked yesterday:

View attachment 1071979
View attachment 1071980

The smell on this one has been unchanging since mid-late flowering. Overpowering fermented fruit and lemon diesel smells when broken up, pure lemon on the exhale, and pretty much the same high described by any review you’ll find: a quick energizing buzz that makes you want to find something to occupy yourself doing, followed an hour later by a gentle narcotic effect, not a body slam but just a relaxed body feel. Really love this one so far.

that looks really nice!

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

that looks really nice!

Thank you much! Means a lot coming from you, hopefully I’ll have plants like yours one day soon

I wish I’d have remembered to take the pics before I already smoked a few chunks of it lol. Doesn’t matter though, I have a big fat medium format camera and a roll of Fuji Velvia waiting for the main colas to finish drying. I’ll have some excessively large photos to post in a few weeks.

Top Bottom