Make Or Female?

• Thread starter Redorchid83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Redorchid83

Redorchid83

I am having trouble determining whether my plant is male or female. Can anyone tell on this plant? Switched to a 12/12 cycle on 6/1.

Make or female
Make or female 2
Redorchid83

Redorchid83

So remove it from the room??

The other two are female I’m sure. They don’t have the sacs, but they also don’t look as mature as this one.

Redorchid83

Redorchid83

I want seeds, he seems to be a very healthy little guy. This is my first grow, so learning as I go.

This is also my first forum, as I had been getting my info from books I bought. Fuckers are expensive

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
why is there so much real estate between your internodes? that's a lot of useless stem. What type of lighting and what distance are you hanging your lights?. Ideally you want to shorten the distance between nodes to create more bud sites.

stutter

stutter

if you leave him in there your buds will be filled with seeds, not the best for smoking.
if you can set him up in another room temporarily and collect his pollen, you can brush that on just one bud later and get enough seeds to grow again without ruining your whole crop.

its all a lot to take in for your first grow

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I want seeds, he seems to be a very healthy little guy. This is my first grow, so learning as I go.

This is also my first forum, as I had been getting my info from books I bought. Fuckers are expensive
Plus a new grower will think that just cause somethings wrote in a book its fact.it isnt.i learned that the hard way.iv found Ed rosenthal inparticular saying some debatable info.jorge cervantes too although to be fair to both MOST of what theyr saying is helpfull.but not all.this forum has WAAAYYYYY more grow info than any book.

Redorchid83

Redorchid83

why is there so much real estate between your internodes? that's a lot of useless stem. What type of lighting and what distance are you hanging your lights?. Ideally you want to shorten the distance between nodes to create more bud sites.
Using CFLs, they are about 3’ from the plants right now. This is my first time growing, I began removing extra stems in the first few weeks of veg growing. I stopped removing them because I wasn’t sure how “bushy” it should be.

stutter

stutter

Plus a new grower will think that just cause somethings wrote in a book its fact.it isnt.i learned that the hard way.iv found Ed rosenthal inparticular saying some debatable info.jorge cervantes too although to be fair to both MOST of what theyr saying is helpfull.but not all.this forum has WAAAYYYYY more grow info than any book.

some of those books are quite old. i think it was an ed rosenthal book i had when i first started out and a lot of that info has been disproven since then

Redorchid83

Redorchid83

yes he will polinate the female plants with buds filling the buds with seeds. he wont produce seeds himself
He has been removed from the room. I’ll take pics of the other two that I think are females, just to be sure. Thank you!

Redorchid83

Redorchid83

These two are females, I was pretty sure. If they are not please let me know!

715C648F BAA2 4EAB B65C 8683CCF3FC9F
BF1F64C9 5852 4997 9196 E82D082D7106
Monster762

Monster762

Yup get rid of him ASAP unless you want seed. I messed up n got all my females pollenated. One pretty heavily the others just barely seeds. But got good seeds coming from the experience n not $5+ each.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter

You go girl.. Make beans!!! You came to a good forum

Reactions: Ina

Latest posts

Top Bottom