Malachi new 3 x 4.5 scrog

• Thread starter Malachi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Malachi

hey malachi wassupbro,tent setup is looking real clean,nice scrog,do you have a ac in?what are your temps?what cfm fans are you running?how many fans?curious i have a 5x5 trying to put more watts in..w/o ac

No AC just air-cooled hoods with a duct fan and a 200CFM Exhaust with scrubber, oh and my oscillating fan. I keep my room temp at about 60 and the tent stays about 62-65 lights out and around 77-79 lights on. The rez stays between 68-70. I wouldn't put anymore then a 1000 in your tent or you will have heat problems real fast. My suggestion would be a 1000 with a XXXLhood and air-cool it. If you get like a 300CFM exhaust you will prob be able to keep it in the low 80's. If you have to add an ac, but more light is where its at.

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Malachi....I wanted to ask about the dimensions of the PVC netting you built. Also are the diminsions built around the maxium growing area of a single reflector or around the area of the entire grow?
Also can Koolbloom powder can be substituted for the liquid version?

M

Malachi

Malachi....I wanted to ask about the dimensions of the PVC netting you built. Also are the diminsions built around the maxium growing area of a single reflector or around the area of the entire grow?
Also can Koolbloom powder can be substituted for the liquid version?

The PVC netting that I built was customized for the footprint of (2) 430W HPS lamps. It is 3' x 4.5' Koolbloom powder is recommended for ripening plants where as the liquid is designed to pack on weight. I am sure you can use it at like 1/2 strength and substitute it, but the liquid is only like 20 bucks a quart so why skimp out?

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

PVC netting

The PVC netting that I built was customized for the footprint of (2) 430W HPS lamps. It is 3' x 4.5' Koolbloom powder is recommended for ripening plants where as the liquid is designed to pack on weight. I am sure you can use it at like 1/2 strength and substitute it, but the liquid is only like 20 bucks a quart so why skimp out?

So you build them based on the "footprint" of the lighting system..ok thanks

20 bucks?! you know how many tricks that is at .50C a pop!

T

theconsumer

I like your idea of more light is where its at. I bet I could save myself some headaches by jumping up to a 400 from the 250 idea as long as I properly vent for temps.

M

Malachi

I like your idea of more light is where its at. I bet I could save myself some headaches by jumping up to a 400 from the 250 idea as long as I properly vent for temps.

There is no such thing as too much light as long as you can keep your temps in check.

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
looks fantastic luv the use of space...that scrog is going to be wicked,,I want to try that 1 day..will be checking this fo sho my dude. Keep it Dank bro. Peace HDK

M

Malachi

Just doin what I can with my lil' space. Maybe one day I can upgrade to a bedroom or a basement, one day.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I want a basement sooo bad. I dream of making it over top amazing crazy. Pool table and hot tub. Trimming while saoking in hot tub, getting a rub down from your lady, Watching HD TV, Blue Ray disc, sippin champagne from a fine crystal flute. A Tempur pedic Adjustable napping bed, Pinball machines all while keeping an eye on the girls....man you get point I could go on forever. Haven't even got to the cool stuff yet. This room will never happen though. Just dreaming, but a basement would be steller. After seeing what you did with what you have.....I can only imagine what you could do with a whole basement...

M

Malachi

Well Fred if I had a whole basement at my disposal this is what I would do. I would section it off into 3 area. My flowering area would be like 10x20, veg 5x10, and clone mother room also 5x10. I would make a custom RDWC system for for the flowering room and run a 6-plant vertical setup, with like 4x1000W HPS. The veg room would have a pair of 1000W MH with growlizza hoods and the mother flower room would be lit by a 400W MH and a 4ft t-5 for clones. Full climate control with AC and Co2 throughout. Awww to dream ...

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Basements worry me. The breaker box, the water feed line, the main drain line and whatever. The furnace guy come every year to service the oil burner. Most of the utility people you would have to call for whatever problem always have to go in the basement. I like second floor bedrooms and closets. Repairmen can come and you can keep them out of those areas.

M

Malachi

Lookin good on this end bro, the screen is filling up real quick. This feeding schedule I have these girls on has them going bananas. I am right on schedule, I plan on flipping them on Wednesday the 10th, and I am sure the screen will be full by then. I will post some pictures closer to flip time.

M

Malachi

Well it looks like I am going to try and veg 1 more week before the flip. Here is a picture of the progress. The room I have the tent in is tiny, so sorry for the picture quality I didnt really have room to manuever around in there. I have them feeding at 800 PPM, starting to see some purple hues in a few of the fans. I am thinking it's K def. so I am gonna start them on some rhino skin with the next res. change. Next time I will take a pic during lights out.

winta

winta

lookin good my dude (except for the bad angle of the pic lol jk) that screen gonna be full as hell in a week :)

M

Malachi

lookin good my dude (except for the bad angle of the pic lol jk) that screen gonna be full as hell in a week :)

it better be full in a week! damn i didnt realize how much the HPS messed up that pic, it looked a lot clearer on the little screen. those 430's are bright as hell. i am trying to get as many bud sites as possible, i already counted over 60

winta

winta

60! shit sounds great! your bout to be swimmin in bud buddy :)

B

been

If it works out I'm going to copy your style. :anim_30: 60 bud sites is looking good too.

M

Malachi

right on been, here is a pic during lights out so you can see the setup a little bit better. i need to to some leaf thinning and some more training, there is a lot of work that goes into a scrog, i din't realize it until i decided to tackle it

Top Bottom