Male or hermaphrodite

• Thread starter Donodiesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Donodiesel

Donodiesel

Thought this plant was female all the way from seed till I started flowering then produced the sacks trough out I pinched most off shortly after starting flower cycle but they are coming back not sure if it's a male or a hermaphrodite and don't know what to do with it these are all photo period seeds I got from a random person so not sure of genetics il attach files of the others for comparison also do you think my lights are to close I'm using a 2 bulb shop light with diet electric full spectrum 4 ft led grow bulbs idk if it's enough light so that's why I put them so close but any info will help first time grower here the last 3 pics of of my other plants that I'm 99%sure are females I added those pics for comparison to the first 6 pics which are of the plant in question idk if it's a male or hermaphrodite please help don't wanna ruin my other girls

Male or hermaphrodite
Male or hermaphrodite 2
Male or hermaphrodite 3
Male or hermaphrodite 4
Male or hermaphrodite 5
Male or hermaphrodite 6
Male or hermaphrodite 7
Male or hermaphrodite 8
Male or hermaphrodite 9
Donodiesel

Donodiesel

I’d say hermie, kill it now!
Could I separated it and seed it I have a led I can use on it that's only big enough for one plant? Why do u think is a Hermie and not a male ....if it was male I for sure will kill it and replace with another one but I've never had a Hermie or seen one any benefit to keeping it? How's the rest of the setup look?

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

No just kill it before it ruins the gram or two of flower you might still manage off this.. Nowhere near enough light..

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

The first few pics are of a male plant, it doesn't look like a Hermie. Yeah, you can separate it and collect pollen or throw a female in with it. You will need better lighting than that though for your flowering tent.

Donodiesel

Donodiesel

The first few pics are of a male plant, it doesn't look like a Hermie. Yeah, you can separate it and collect pollen or throw a female in with it.
So it's definitely a male then? That's what I've been thinking more and more as it grows and I look at it what do you mean by collecting pollen? I don't have any females to put with it the only space I have left is for one single plant and a light only strong enough maybe for one plant anything else I can do with the male? Kinda sucks all that time to just cut him down I do have a female to take his spot that's in veg right now and I can just transfer her into his pot of soil if that's a good idea? Think the light is to close?

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Could I separated it and seed it I have a led I can use on it that's only big enough for one plant? Why do u think is a Hermie and not a male ....if it was male I for sure will kill it and replace with another one but I've never had a Hermie or seen one any benefit to keeping it? How's the rest of the setup look?
Why would you want to continue hermie genetics on purpose?

Donodiesel

Donodiesel

No just kill it before it ruins the gram or two of flower you might still manage off this.. Nowhere near enough light..
Ok and do u think this one is a female? What do you suggest I do for light? It's a regular size closet I did on a budget and it's only my second one so I'm still learning

IMG 20200503 100548
IMG 20200503 100343
IMG 20200503 100325
IMG 20200503 100440
IMG 20200503 100424
IMG 20200503 100359
IMG 20200503 100253
IMG 20200503 100232
IMG 20200503 100527
IMG 20200503 100225
IMG 20200503 100519
IMG 20200503 100315
Donodiesel

Donodiesel

The first few pics are of a male plant, it doesn't look like a Hermie. Yeah, you can separate it and collect pollen or throw a female in with it. You will need better lighting than that though for your flowering tent.
I'm gonna get rid of him and replace it what should I do for light I'm kinda on a budget but I could get 2 more of those bulbs so I have 4 total or would that still not be enough? I also have a 2ft adjustable spectrum

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Thats male also.
See the way your plants are stretched and only growing right on the light? That means it isnt strong enough and wont yield much of anything even if it was female. But that first post and this one here you posted are very much male.

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

So it's definitely a male then? That's what I've been thinking more and more as it grows and I look at it what do you mean by collecting pollen? I don't have any females to put with it the only space I have left is for one single plant and a light only strong enough maybe for one plant anything else I can do with the male? Kinda sucks all that time to just cut him down I do have a female to take his spot that's in veg right now and I can just transfer her into his pot of soil if that's a good idea? Think the light is to close?

You can separate the male and grow until it drops pollen then collect some in a small jar. Then you can store it in a cold dry place till you need it. To pollinate a flower you just take your female out of the tent, use a small paint brush to transfer the pollen to a flower or two then put a paper bag over the flower for a couple days so the pollen doesn't spread in the wind. Not really any use for a male plant other than seed making. And yes, it is definitely make, I don't see any female pistils at all.

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

You get what you pay for when it comes to grow lights. There really is no golden short cut there, save for some pretty ingenious DIY projects ive seen, but the fact is to grow with decent yield requires an investment in some decent lighting. Them low watt strips dont have the penetration to grow a real full plant. They are for seedling starting.

Donodiesel

Donodiesel

Thats male also.
See the way your plants are stretched and only growing right on the light? That means it isnt strong enough and wont yield much of anything even if it was female. But that first post and this one here you posted are very much male.
Dang it I thought so should I double my light and add 2 more bulbs or what do u suggest I'm also not using any nutrients just Fox farm ocean soil I guess that gives me 2 male and 2 female outta those seeds il trash the males but I really wanna make sure the 2 I have left are female tho what do u think? Here's some pics of the last 2

IMG 20200503 101859
IMG 20200503 101851
IMG 20200503 101943
IMG 20200503 101933
IMG 20200503 101925
IMG 20200503 101911
IMG 20200503 102015
IMG 20200503 102011
IMG 20200503 102004
IMG 20200503 101946
IMG 20200503 102032
Donodiesel

Donodiesel

You can separate the male and grow until it drops pollen then collect some in a small jar. Then you can store it in a cold dry place till you need it. To pollinate a flower you just take your female out of the tent, use a small paint brush to transfer the pollen to a flower or two then put a paper bag over the flower for a couple days so the pollen doesn't spread in the wind. Not really any use for a male plant other than seed making. And yes, it is definitely make, I don't see any female pistils at all.

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

I'm gonna get rid of him and replace it what should I do for light I'm kinda on a budget but I could get 2 more of those bulbs so I have 4 total or would that still not be enough? I also have a 2ft adjustable spectrum

I wouldn't spend anymore on those lights, they will disappoint you. I don't use led currently but if I were trying to grow on a budget I would look into the highest wattage led I could afford. Pick a brand with a decent following and track record like Mars, philozon, or spiderfarmer. They all have decent lights for cheap on the big A or elsewhere.

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Yeah them seem fine. Just keep an eye for any of those male parts :p
As for the light, yes more light. And they are close now, but they should have been closer younger to prevent that aweful stretch, i suggest some sticks to support them, once the buds come in they may try to flop over

Donodiesel

Donodiesel

Thank you I def wanna try that once I get the basics and growing decent females and flowers first then il thry that I think my biggest concern after posting this is my lighting idek what would be good for that space

Donodiesel

Donodiesel

You get what you pay for when it comes to grow lights. There really is no golden short cut there, save for some pretty ingenious DIY projects ive seen, but the fact is to grow with decent yield requires an investment in some decent lighting. Them low watt strips dont have the penetration to grow a real full plant. They are for seedling starting.
I can understand that I am not to familiar with leds I actually just got those less than a week ago so I could take them back I don't mind spending money on a good light I just wanna get the best bang for my buck I'm on a budget but I do wanna get something that will work really well for my space that I can use for years and it will be plenty of light for 8 or less plants I'm also doing some auto flowers but id like a light I don't have to change bulbs for flowering and veg if I don't have to but I will if that's best to do I definitely wanna stick with led tho what do u suggest I get

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

Dang it I thought so should I double my light and add 2 more bulbs or what do u suggest I'm also not using any nutrients just Fox farm ocean soil I guess that gives me 2 male and 2 female outta those seeds il trash the males but I really wanna make sure the 2 I have left are female tho what do u think? Here's some pics of the last 2

The pics are bit blurry but it looks like pic 4&5 are a hermied female plant. Better pics would help identify it. It looks like it's growing balls under the female pistils.

Top Bottom