Mamiko Cheese Cookies Scrog Grow

• Thread starter Zombierider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

That sir is a beautiful site. How big of a stem broke off? Also, how long did you tuck branches if at all after flipping? I have been following the advice of building my scrog above the plants and letting them grow through it a bit, but it seems I was being a bit too light on making sure shit stays under the screen. I figure I’m about 1 week before flip, I’m gonna lollipop next couple days so wanna let them recover for a bit before I flip.
First off, I’m not a sir lol. One of my mains split. I applied honey and taped and so far she doesn’t know she was split. The minute I table mine, I flip them. Why? Because you will see through the stretch all of this new growth and you sure don’t want to tuck that. It is establishing its own limbs and tops. You did great stretching them out. You just opened up the plant from the center so now many sites are receiving light. I don’t bother to stress train as the scrog top will do that for me. I would give it a week or so,make sure all limbs are beneath the table. I will show you what happens I just a few days time. Done right, the next step will be to trellis them. I trellis when my buds hit nine plus inches. A combo of both processes will do you well 😊

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

This morning vs this evening.. see, those Ladies know what to do 😊
FA2C0CAB 64CF 4E17 AF8C F16800EFF34B
94E1FEA1 2CB8 424E 95B2 8C3D95F6CEA0

Zombierider

Zombierider

First off, I’m not a sir lol. One of my mains split. I applied honey and taped and so far she doesn’t know she was split. The minute I table mine, I flip them. Why? Because you will see through the stretch all of this new growth and you sure don’t want to tuck that. It is establishing its own limbs and tops. You did great stretching them out. You just opened up the plant from the center so now many sites are receiving light. I don’t bother to stress train as the scrog top will do that for me. I would give it a week or so,make sure all limbs are beneath the table. I will show you what happens I just a few days time. Done right, the next step will be to trellis them. I trellis when my buds hit nine plus inches. A combo of both processes will do you well 😊
Firstly, my bad Ma’am I didn’t notice you were the CannaGranny lol. Did you happen to lollipop/defoliate already? I heard it’s pretty crucial for scrog.
And damn that scrog is looking awesome. I’m not too sure how my strain will stretch so I’m kinda winging it. I’m also gonna put in an upper trellis, 9 inches sounds like a good height to put it in.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Yes I lollipop about 3 to 4 days prior to dropping the top. I won’t do any major defoliation until after the stretch, then I will make sure the bud sites are open to light and air can move through them. I do a light defoliation but I may do that five to six times. I try to never do a major heavy defoil once they have been in flower past three to four weeks as well. Lollypopping is a major crucial when you scrog. Anything under the top will be light deprived and basically larf or air buds. I will drop you pics once a week through this grow. You got this! Let’s scrog 😁

Zombierider

Zombierider

Thanks for the lowdown, I will do my defoliation and stuff much like you said. So I cut off as much as I thought was necessary and "lollipoped". I could probably have cut off more, but thinking I should wait to clean the rest up after the stretch. Happy scrogging!

20220311 160917
20220311 160837
Zombierider

Zombierider

I was under the assumption I didn’t need to technically cut off everything below the screen, just the majority, I guess that is incorrect. Will it stress them un necessarily to do another round of lollipopping next few days or should I have done it all in one go? If not too stressful for them, I’ll give them a couple days of recovery then lollipop them one last time to make them look more like that photo you attached of yours.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I was under the assumption I didn’t need to technically cut off everything below the screen, just the majority, I guess that is incorrect. Will it stress them un necessarily to do another round of lollipopping next few days or should I have done it all in one go? If not too stressful for them, I’ll give them a couple days of recovery then lollipop them one last time to make them look more like that photo you attached of yours.
Yes everything below the screen. If it does not reach the top of the scrog It will become larf buds and steals from your top Bud. Everything grows atop of the screen. Leaving it this thick deprives good sites of light and sets you up for powdery mildew. You have to have air flow throughout your whole plant, top and bottom. So limbs that do not reach your top at time of flower, won’t. A lot of your thickness can be handled by defoliation. These plants are fairly tough, after all nature certainly didn’t coddle them. They will be fine both through lollipop and defoliation stage provided that they are watered well the day before and your hands and cutting instrument are clean.
What you see in the pic above are limbs that did not reach the top at time of flower were removed and the plant defoliated under the table.
If I am not perfectly clear to you, just ask 😊 and I will work harder to be more clear and precise.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

That sir is a beautiful site. How big of a stem broke off? Also, how long did you tuck branches if at all after flipping? I have been following the advice of building my scrog above the plants and letting them grow through it a bit, but it seems I was being a bit too light on making sure shit stays under the screen. I figure I’m about 1 week before flip, I’m gonna lollipop next couple days so wanna let them recover for a bit before I flip.
Just caught up on your grow. Nice work gettin this far. I think I started maybe a couple weeks before you and it is my first grow as well. I totally feel you on where you are at with the scrog and trellis as well as when to flip to flower. I have been researching how long to veg for so long that I'm bug-eyed and everything comes back to one thing. It all depends what your/our goals are. If someone has no room in height to work with than they may veg and flip much sooner than say someone looking to max harvest with no room restrictions. I think you are doing great but @CannaGranny is right on the money. If you just trellis like you were then you would have some girls that will grow way to fast and leave the rest behind. Then when you flower you won't have an even canopy of colas more like his. The trellis should be used in 2 main ways imo. To slow down speedsters and to expose light to laggards by giving them light and time to catch up. To me it is all like playing whack-a-mole and any heads that pop up need to be slowed down. Keep it up bud. Soon your hard work will pay off

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Also cool to see another strain from same bank growing. I am running 2 Chem Cookies from Mamiko Seeds. They have been great to grow thus far. This was a few days ago. The CC's are on the left and the 2 on right are White Widows

Day 48
Zombierider

Zombierider

Yes everything below the screen. If it does not reach the top of the scrog It will become larf buds and steals from your top Bud. Everything grows atop of the screen. Leaving it this thick deprives good sites of light and sets you up for powdery mildew. You have to have air flow throughout your whole plant, top and bottom. So limbs that do not reach your top at time of flower, won’t. A lot of your thickness can be handled by defoliation. These plants are fairly tough, after all nature certainly didn’t coddle them. They will be fine both through lollipop and defoliation stage provided that they are watered well the day before and your hands and cutting instrument are clean.
What you see in the pic above are limbs that did not reach the top at time of flower were removed and the plant defoliated under the table.
If I am not perfectly clear to you, just ask 😊 and I will work harder to be more clear and precise.
Gotcha, so when you say I can handle the thickness by defoliation, does that include the lollipopping? Or are you referring to the defol you do after the stretch is over? Here they are today after a lil more leaf tucking. Question: I assume you continue to tuck branches the first couple weeks of flower?
Thanks again for the advice!
8C97E4A1 226F 47A5 BFE1 5C694C43A8B4

Zombierider

Zombierider

Also cool to see another strain from same bank growing. I am running 2 Chem Cookies from Mamiko Seeds. They have been great to grow thus far. This was a few days ago. The CC's are on the left and the 2 on right are White Widows
Hell yeah! I can see the similarities in the genetics between our plants, Mamiko seeds seem to be a legit breeder. So many different cookies to choose from it’s hard to decide lol. How far above the scrog do you usually put your trellis? I assume the cola size kind of determines that, so kind of a wait and see?
Happy growing!

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hell yeah! I can see the similarities in the genetics between our plants, Mamiko seeds seem to be a legit breeder. So many different cookies to choose from it’s hard to decide lol. How far above the scrog do you usually put your trellis? I assume the cola size kind of determines that, so kind of a wait and see?
Happy growing!
Yeah I think we are going to be very happy with the outcome. This is my 1st grow as well so no prior experience with the trellis net. I have intentionally kept mine low by just basic lst and topping all but 1 white widow 3 times. I'm with you and taking things day by day but below is very roughly what I'm thinking.

I considered the 1st 3 weeks from seed crack as seedling stage
The next 30 days were spent topping and basic lst. (This where am today)
Now I won't lst or tie down and let them just veg for 7-10 days
Then put up trellis net probably a few inches lower than the highest runner. Then do like you are and use trellis to open up areas not getting light and you slow runners down so others can catch up. I am guessing but think I will flip them to flower within 2 or 3 weeks after trellis is up but since I have no clue I know that things will be day by day and we should be able to tell based on if we have the looks of the even canopy we want with enough growth sites. When we flip to flower we are going to likely double in growth which I can't imagine but yolo and we got this 😄

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Gotcha, so when you say I can handle the thickness by defoliation, does that include the lollipopping? Or are you referring to the defol you do after the stretch is over? Here they are today after a lil more leaf tucking. Question: I assume you continue to tuck branches the first couple weeks of flower?
Thanks again for the advice!View attachment 1225558
Never seen the bamboo stakes used. I like different. 👍

for those of you wondering how long to veg for when using the scrog, just fill till 80% of the grids are filled, then use the first week of the stretch after flipping to fill the remaining. How long this takes depends on how many plants, and training methods used.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Thanks again for the advice!View attachment 1225558
When I do the lollypopping process, I remove any limb that does not reach the top of the table by the time I go to flower. This includes side limbs growing off of limbs that do meet the top. You can open up the center of your plant by removing a lot of those thick leaves left, they can be handled by defoliation. I seldom Need to tuck my plants under after stretch and try to have all of that done by the time I go to flower. That growth is top growth and should not be tucked. Am I about as clear as mud now? Lol No worries, just ask. I have been in your shoes, we all have 😊

Zombierider

Zombierider

Never seen the bamboo stakes used. I like different. 👍

for those of you wondering how long to veg for when using the scrog, just fill till 80% of the grids are filled, then use the first week of the stretch after flipping to fill the remaining. How long this takes depends on how many plants, and training methods used.
Thanks for the insight. It’s kind of hard for me to gauge how full the scrog is, but I’d say mine is like 60% full? Glad you enjoy the bamboo trellis, keep in it old school.

Zombierider

Zombierider

When I do the lollypopping process, I remove any limb that does not reach the top of the table by the time I go to flower. This includes side limbs growing off of limbs that do meet the top. You can open up the center of your plant by removing a lot of those thick leaves left, they can be handled by defoliation. I seldom Need to tuck my plants under after stretch and try to have all of that done by the time I go to flower. That growth is top growth and should not be tucked. Am I about as clear as mud now? Lol No worries, just ask. I have been in your shoes, we all have 😊
That’s a pretty clear explanation, just one question: removing the leaves to open up the center of the plant is handled during the defoliation after stretch, or before flipping during the lollipop process? There are lots of leaves that reach the scrog level blocking upcoming colas I really would like to snip off, but I know the plant needs them for photosynthesis.

Zombierider

Zombierider

I’d like to take these leaves off, but I guess I should wait till after the flower stretch to remove ‘em?
9146A52C A7DB 40D0 BB32 463EEF14A682

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I think you are just like me and we are scared to over-defoliate. I am a newb but I would say if you can't tuck those leaves then yeah pull em. If not you go eat lunch and while gone those bigguns cover up a chick tryin to make it to the Canopy Party 😀

Zombierider

Zombierider

I think you are just like me and we are scared to over-defoliate. I am a newb but I would say if you can't tuck those leaves then yeah pull em. If not you go eat lunch and while gone those bigguns cover up a chick tryin to make it to the Canopy Party 😀
Fellow newb status, good to know I’m not alone lol. Nice analogy, gotta let all the pretty ladies into the canopy party! Lol. Those fan leaves are gonna go bye bye then after the flower stretch. Happy growing!

Top Bottom