Mamiko Cheese Cookies Scrog Grow

• Thread starter Zombierider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Thanks!! Yeah I have also noticed my girls up taking way more nutes, I’m mixing 13 gallons of nutes ever 3ish days, so almost a gallon a day and climbing. Also following the photone app’s par chart for flower, so I’m lowering lights every week until 40DLI a couple weeks before harvest, then it tapers off I guess to mimic the waning light intensity of autumn?

What device do you use to manage your rh and temps? I use 2 inkbird controllers, one for rh and one for temps. They seem to work but calibrating them with my wifi-tent thermometer/hygrometer is a pain. Makes me want to invest in one of those expensive environment monitors like pulse one. I will note that adding a second 6 inch duct as a passive intake will help out if you are having issues keeping humidity down.
I’m very lucky in that aspect. Room has both heat and air installed. Low is 68 and high is 75 year round. As for humidity I have an eight gallon home room humidifier that you can set to whatever you want. Was waiting on new filters and was using a small unit that only held a gal at a time for the past week, what a pain! Filters are in and we are humming along at fifty five to sixty. I seldom need a dehumidifier but have a room unit for when I do. I will run this RH until the last three weeks of flower and then I will cut it to thirty five to forty, which triples my trich production.
As to the defoliation I only remove what I cannot tuck and leaves that are blocking Bud sites below. The plants in the four by looked just like yours. I did a light defoliation on those twice in the first two weeks, I doubt I will need to do it again. Everything is looking good! If you have good terps running so early, oh boy..you are going to enjoy this!

Zombierider

Zombierider

I’m very lucky in that aspect. Room has both heat and air installed. Low is 68 and high is 75 year round. As for humidity I have an eight gallon home room humidifier that you can set to whatever you want. Was waiting on new filters and was using a small unit that only held a gal at a time for the past week, what a pain! Filters are in and we are humming along at fifty five to sixty. I seldom need a dehumidifier but have a room unit for when I do. I will run this RH until the last three weeks of flower and then I will cut it to thirty five to forty, which triples my trich production.
As to the defoliation I only remove what I cannot tuck and leaves that are blocking Bud sites below. The plants in the four by looked just like yours. I did a light defoliation on those twice in the first two weeks, I doubt I will need to do it again. Everything is looking good! If you have good terps running so early, oh boy..you are going to enjoy this!
Heck yeah, as a first time grower it’s amazing how much temps and rh matter, my room gets pretty hot so I am going to be running an ac soon, hopefully will keep my tent below 80 during the summer which, in VA gets pretty damn hot.
I haven’t done any defoliation yet, but since they have been cruising in the stretch for a week and a half, I will probably do some light defol tomorrow. I’m guessing I’ll remove around 10-15 leaves total? Really trying to keep it minimal. I plan to do a second and final defol 3 days later and call it a day and let ‘em flower. I guess the only thing left to do will be the second trellis net, to support the hopefully fat buds. Can’t fricken wait, and yes the sticky sharp piney cheesey terps so far are making my mouth water. Can’t wait to wrap some in some nice Raw papers 💨

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I had a super disappointing day today with my ladies, thirty years of cultivating and got my first herm plant. ☹️ That Runtz Tangie in week three of flower just magically grew nads overnight. Heavily budded, healthy as heck... So my evening amounted to spraying the limb down with water in case something decided to or had blown, cutting off one limb at a time and gently working it out under the table. Like it was straight up through the middle, four limbs male and female and four female. Got rid of all of it. So darn disappointing. Oh well, I wanted the whole table for one plant anyway.. *cuss cuss cuss*

Zombierider

Zombierider

I had a super disappointing day today with my ladies, thirty years of cultivating and got my first herm plant. ☹️ That Runtz Tangie in week three of flower just magically grew nads overnight. Heavily budded, healthy as heck... So my evening amounted to spraying the limb down with water in case something decided to or had blown, cutting off one limb at a time and gently working it out under the table. Like it was straight up through the middle, four limbs male and female and four female. Got rid of all of it. So darn disappointing. Oh well, I wanted the whole table for one plant anyway.. *cuss cuss cuss*
Damn that sucks so bad! Gotta be genetics I assume as you say they were healthy as heck. Will you be able to use any of the undeveloped bud for edibles or something? ;(. How exactly did you spot a Herm? Two positive notes: 1 herm in 30 years has got to be a record somewhere. Also, having a second tent is like an insurance policy, thankfully you have backup!

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Damn that sucks so bad! Gotta be genetics I assume as you say they were healthy as heck. Will you be able to use any of the undeveloped bud for edibles or something? ;(. How exactly did you spot a Herm? Two positive notes: 1 herm in 30 years has got to be a record somewhere. Also, having a second tent is like an insurance policy, thankfully you have backup!
I trashed the whole plant. Very immature buds. Knowing it’s a new run leaves me to believe genetics played a part. No stress heat or otherwise no light leaks and super healthy looking. Big flowers for 21 days in. Been using the same fellows genetics for the past couple of years with no probs, but lately a lot of lil fouls. I popped three green crack autos, one of them not an auto at all. I popped an Orange Widow fem seed, it was male. Seems to be showing up in his new genetics and all in the past three months. Maybe he is growing too quick and things are not time tested. Mind you I’m not looking to place blame, just my thoughts. Really smacks ya hard when the limit is six and two have took a dive. A lot of wasted time!
A herm will catch your attention quick. Right beneath that pretty little ball of Bud, all of a sudden torpedo shaped appendages pop out. I’ll snag a limb out of the trash and photo it for you. Easier for you to see it. Will post it in the morn. Right on that second tent!

Zombierider

Zombierider

I trashed the whole plant. Very immature buds. Knowing it’s a new run leaves me to believe genetics played a part. No stress heat or otherwise no light leaks and super healthy looking. Big flowers for 21 days in. Been using the same fellows genetics for the past couple of years with no probs, but lately a lot of lil fouls. I popped three green crack autos, one of them not an auto at all. I popped an Orange Widow fem seed, it was male. Seems to be showing up in his new genetics and all in the past three months. Maybe he is growing too quick and things are not time tested. Mind you I’m not looking to place blame, just my thoughts. Really smacks ya hard when the limit is six and two have took a dive. A lot of wasted time!
A herm will catch your attention quick. Right beneath that pretty little ball of Bud, all of a sudden torpedo shaped appendages pop out. I’ll snag a limb out of the trash and photo it for you. Easier for you to see it. Will post it in the morn. Right on that second tent!
I feel you on the wasted time. I started my first grow last December, used some cool Colorado genetics. Month and a half in our power turned off during a big snow storm,, entire week without electricity. Lost all my plants. Just a month of work but still it suuuucked. I appreciate the photo of the herm buds so I can have a good idea what to look for. On the positive side, you gonna pop some new seeds?

Zombierider

Zombierider

Well I might be seeing things but are these trichomes forming? Got the macro lens out today, gonna be getting some super closeups the next few weeks of flowering. This is only 1x, it goes up to 5x so, ill be keeping a really close eye on them ;)

20220330012126 IMG 59022
Zombierider

Zombierider

One and done. Decided to do one kinda thorough defoliation day before week 3 of flower, since most tutorials I’ve read say to defoliate around then. Girls seemed to shrug off the defoliation, crossing fingers I didn’t stress em out too much. Will post update photos this Sunday. @CannaGranny @PerfecTrader How is your flowering going?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

One and done. Decided to do one kinda thorough defoliation day before week 3 of flower, since most tutorials I’ve read say to defoliate around then. Girls seemed to shrug off the defoliation, crossing fingers I didn’t stress em out too much. Will post update photos this Sunday. @CannaGranny @PerfecTrader How is your flowering going?
Nice work on the defoliation. I am also gettin better with it and no longer even consider the stress it may impose on them. I now am super confident that no matter how much I defoliate, it is not enough. If a leaf blocks another site it's gone. I'm dreading the trellis net every day due to the surprisingly massive hassle it is to feed such short plants once the net is up. Keep imagining having colas I don't want to disturb and having to reach over the net to feed the 2 back plants. Sooo pissed I didn't automate their feeding or realize the predicament I would be facing sooner. They lookin pretty good but I sense I've been dealing with gradual nute lockout. Gonna flush them with just gallons and gallons of ph'ed water this weekend and then get them back on scheduled feedings. This was last night before lights out. Hey have you ever had the fans off for more than an hour? I used to think I was going crazy cause I would find random areas of leaves with just a little clear water on them and thought they were crying 🤣 then I looked it up and realized they actually kinda are. When 2 leaves lay on top of each other it often occurs if the fans aren't on. Too funny

20220331 184912
20220331 184750
Zombierider

Zombierider

Nice work on the defoliation. I am also gettin better with it and no longer even consider the stress it may impose on them. I now am super confident that no matter how much I defoliate, it is not enough. If a leaf blocks another site it's gone. I'm dreading the trellis net every day due to the surprisingly massive hassle it is to feed such short plants once the net is up. Keep imagining having colas I don't want to disturb and having to reach over the net to feed the 2 back plants. Sooo pissed I didn't automate their feeding or realize the predicament I would be facing sooner. They lookin pretty good but I sense I've been dealing with gradual nute lockout. Gonna flush them with just gallons and gallons of ph'ed water this weekend and then get them back on scheduled feedings. This was last night before lights out. Hey have you ever had the fans off for more than an hour? I used to think I was going crazy cause I would find random areas of leaves with just a little clear water on them and thought they were crying 🤣 then I looked it up and realized they actually kinda are. When 2 leaves lay on top of each other it often occurs if the fans aren't on. Too funny
They are looking healthy as punch. Keep up the good work, and as for watering the ones in the back, just get some ez flow tubing, a syringe that is like 60-150ml, some bamboo poles, and some plant wire ties. Cut the tubing long enough to make it to the back pots when your crouching. Attach the tubing to the bamboo pole to make it rigid. Then attach the tubing to the syringe and voila, you have a really long tactical waterer. Ive been doing some hand watering off and on with my plants to make sure they are getting properly saturated cuz with the automated system it’s easy to set and forget, meanwhile some of the medium isn’t getting soaked. A fix to this would be to add a saponin like yucca to make the water disperse better, but I haven’t done that yet.

Zombierider

Zombierider

Like this, I call it a “tactical waterer” cuz it can get in all sorts of places ;). Be careful though, I got 150ml syringes and if it spills it’s a mess.

73384671 6A8C 4180 9ADB F768AE68B9BC
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Morning from the mountains! I have had technical difficulties for the past few days, IE: no electric. Running the grow off of a generator. Lights are on now, all is well. Sorry about failing to add pics of the herm, no internet. Anyways, it’s pic day, looking forward to seeing yours too🤪

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I only trellis when it’s needed to support the Bud. No need to trellis until then. I know I will be trellising soon tho as the average size of the Jack Herrer is currently 12 inches. I normally trellis at nine inches, but these flowers have some super strong stems. Waiting for the Bud to come of size makes the trellising super easy. I run fans twenty four seven to keep the wet spots dry. That is sweat. Have you ever seen the vid of what they do all night after lights out? It’s amazing as they stand up and sit down all night long.

Zombierider

Zombierider

Morning from the mountains! I have had technical difficulties for the past few days, IE: no electric. Running the grow off of a generator. Lights are on now, all is well. Sorry about failing to add pics of the herm, no internet. Anyways, it’s pic day, looking forward to seeing yours too🤪
Goedemorgen! Glad everything is a-ok, a generator is crucial. How long did the plants have the light off between power outage/plugging in the generator? I always wonder if lights turning on and off during the day could stress the plants. I had to upgrade my circuit breakers in my house due to them breaking and shutting my lights off randomly, I assumed if that happened during flower they will herm (maybe). Anyway, gonna be postin some photos here shortly, they are flowering quite nicely and it’s starting to smell cheesy.

Top Bottom