Mamiko Cheese Cookies Scrog Grow

• Thread starter Zombierider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zombierider

Zombierider

Found this bastard in my tent today. What the hell is it? Time to buy some beneficial insects once I figure out what it is.

20220325 1032512
20220325 1032432
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Found this bastard in my tent today. What the hell is it? Time to buy some beneficial insects once I figure out what it is.
I believe it is a giant mesquite bug and they feed on leaves. Not sure how to rid of them yet though

Zombierider

Zombierider

I believe it is a giant mesquite bug and they feed on leaves. Not sure how to rid of them yet though

It looks slightly different than that, but it’s probably related/eats mj leaves. Well, hope they don’t do too much damage, haven’t noticed any leaf bites or whatever but I’m gonna keep an eye out. Thanks for the help bro

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Known as a kissing bug. Not dangerous to your plant, however it is dangerous to you! Hunts at night biting humans on the soft tissue of the face leaves behind a parasite called chagas. You can find out all the info by using the search term, kissing bug.

Last edited:
Zombierider

Zombierider

Known as a kissing bug. Not dangerous to your plant, however it is dangerous to you! Hunts at night biting humans on the soft tissue of the face leaves behind a parasite called chagas. You can find out all the info by using the search term, kissing bug.
Well hot damn, I just conferred with a vet around here and he thinks it’s not a kissing bug, but that he isn’t 100% sure since it’s a blurry photo. I figure it’s a type of longhorn beetle or something cuz it didn’t have a probiscus and it’s body shape was slightly different than kissing bug. However, thanks for the heads up. Just in case it is a kissing bug. I’m gonna wear a buff over my face at night cuz chapas disease is no joke. Gonna have to really look at my grow room sterility cuz I live in VA and there are fuck tons of bugs around here that would probably love my grow tent.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Well hot damn, I just conferred with a vet around here and he thinks it’s not a kissing bug, but that he isn’t 100% sure since it’s a blurry photo. I figure it’s a type of longhorn beetle or something cuz it didn’t have a probiscus and it’s body shape was slightly different than kissing bug. However, thanks for the heads up. Just in case it is a kissing bug. I’m gonna wear a buff over my face at night cuz chapas disease is no joke. Gonna have to really look at my grow room sterility cuz I live in VA and there are fuck tons of bugs around here that would probably love my grow tent.
I live in the Ozarks, no shortage of them here. The ones I have the most trouble with are those Japanese beetles. Now as soon as we see the first ones of the year I bomb the heck outta the attic and it seems to stop them. Sure looks like a kissing bug to me! Funny too as I am a vet tech, was for 30 years. Safe to say the vet and I would disagree about this one! We have those nasty bugs here. If you check out the images via search, you will see they come in many diff colors.
Guess what... Sunday... pic day 🙂

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

@Zombierider you spot your 1st pistils yet? Would be very surprised if can't see if magnifying enough. Exciting 😯🤗

Zombierider

Zombierider

I live in the Ozarks, no shortage of them here. The ones I have the most trouble with are those Japanese beetles. Now as soon as we see the first ones of the year I bomb the heck outta the attic and it seems to stop them. Sure looks like a kissing bug to me! Funny too as I am a vet tech, was for 30 years. Safe to say the vet and I would disagree about this one! We have those nasty bugs here. If you check out the images via search, you will see they come in many diff colors.
Guess what... Sunday... pic day 🙂
I hear the Ozarks have high insect pressure, like ticks falling from trees lol.

As to the critter issue:

So I downloaded an app called Picture insect and it says it's a longhorn beetle, specifically the Ecyrus dasycerus. So, assuming this is correct, this introduces two potential things to worry about: they bore into trees and stems n such so I'm thinking they could become a problem espeically later in flower when the stems become more wood like. Second thing is that they appear to be juvenile beetles so looks like there are probably more, including eggs and a momma. So far plants look good and healthy, no leaf damage or stem damage I can see. I need to defoliate soon though because good lord its a jungle in here. You'll see what I mean.
Screenshot 20220327 163736 Picture Insect

Screenshot 20220327 151258 Picture Insect
Zombierider

Zombierider

@Zombierider you spot your 1st pistils yet? Would be very surprised if can't see if magnifying enough. Exciting 😯🤗
I think i do see some pistils popping off, they are definitely giving off a stronger cheese smell already, shits about to get funky in here lol. Oh yeah forgot its Sunday, I will post some pics tonight

Zombierider

Zombierider

Day 9 of flower. Last night the humidity got way low and the plants got droopy, I blame my inkbird calibration. Anyway, raised the RH and they perked right back up. I’ve been doing some light leaf tucking cuz there are lots of colas covered by leaves, especially the lower left plant. I believe I see some pistils!

E46B1B8B 3E76 4B77 AFD1 727FC41F8EF8
CD88FECD 5BDF 4599 A31F 5B6A9EF43423
04AFE2FC 4D57 407B BE49 3768A7096416
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Wowaweewa! Crazy amount of bud formation!! Have you done any defoliation yet?
Most of what I have done is tuck leaves that are blocking Bud sites, and have done a light defoliation. I should be pretty much good to go in that dept. Sometimes depending on the cultivar there is a large amount of defoliation to be done. Pretty much prepared now to just watch them grow. 🙂

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Day 9 of flower. Last night the humidity got way low and the plants got droopy, I blame my inkbird calibration. Anyway, raised the RH and they perked right back up. I’ve been doing some light leaf tucking cuz there are lots of colas covered by leaves, especially the lower left plant. I believe I see some pistils!
Looking wonderful! Nice canopy! I’m darn proud of ya! The best is yet to come. I have been battling my rh this week too. Struggling to keep it at 55-60. My ladies are drinking like crazy. Every other day a seven gal pot is consuming a gallon and three fourths per plant And the amount seems to be growing daily. These girls are monsters..of the good sort. Looking forward already to next Sunday’s pics 😍

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I know I haven’t showed you the four by four, so here’s some pics at time that I tabled and then yesterday. These two were pretty heavy on the indica side, and their growth rates matched so they got their own table. Struggling to reach the twenty four inch height of the table. This is Redbeards Runtz Tangie and Anesias Future One. Normally I only run a single plant in the four by. Normally I don’t have any open areas in my table but these two did as they pleased, a lot like me lol.

699AAEBE 0DFD 483C A02D 32207F3D6D83
77F4F2C7 7560 4CD0 AA0B 14A187A80B1E
Zombierider

Zombierider

Most of what I have done is tuck leaves that are blocking Bud sites, and have done a light defoliation. I should be pretty much good to go in that dept. Sometimes depending on the cultivar there is a large amount of defoliation to be done. Pretty much prepared now to just watch them grow. 🙂
Yeah I think my cultivar qualifies as one needing a large amount of defoliation. Do you think I should start clipping 4-5 leaves off a day for defoliation? Wanted to wait till they were around a week into flower to defoliate so as not to stress ‘em.

Zombierider

Zombierider

I know I haven’t showed you the four by four, so here’s some pics at time that I tabled and then yesterday. These two were pretty heavy on the indica side, and their growth rates matched so they got their own table. Struggling to reach the twenty four inch height of the table. This is Redbeards Runtz Tangie and Anesias Future One. Normally I only run a single plant in the four by. Normally I don’t have any open areas in my table but these two did as they pleased, a lot like me lol.
Sick! What day into flower is that 4x4? Must be smellin pretty funky in there

Zombierider

Zombierider

Looking wonderful! Nice canopy! I’m darn proud of ya! The best is yet to come. I have been battling my rh this week too. Struggling to keep it at 55-60. My ladies are drinking like crazy. Every other day a seven gal pot is consuming a gallon and three fourths per plant And the amount seems to be growing daily. These girls are monsters..of the good sort. Looking forward already to next Sunday’s pics 😍
Thanks!! Yeah I have also noticed my girls up taking way more nutes, I’m mixing 13 gallons of nutes ever 3ish days, so almost a gallon a day and climbing. Also following the photone app’s par chart for flower, so I’m lowering lights every week until 40DLI a couple weeks before harvest, then it tapers off I guess to mimic the waning light intensity of autumn?

What device do you use to manage your rh and temps? I use 2 inkbird controllers, one for rh and one for temps. They seem to work but calibrating them with my wifi-tent thermometer/hygrometer is a pain. Makes me want to invest in one of those expensive environment monitors like pulse one. I will note that adding a second 6 inch duct as a passive intake will help out if you are having issues keeping humidity down.

610519D4 2795 4DD2 940A A17DECD1AD48
Zombierider

Zombierider

Did some concerted leaf tucking, damn the resin is already coating my fingers and it smells like vicks vapor rub with some parmesan added in. If this bud tastes anything like that its gonna be a good time.

Top Bottom