Mamiko Cheese Cookies Scrog Grow

• Thread starter Zombierider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zombierider

Zombierider

Hello all. This last blizzard took out my power for 4 days which killed some 1 month old’s ;(. So I decided to start over with a fresh pack of Cheese Cookies by Mamiko Seeds. I’ll be posting regular updates on this thread as my official diary thread.

*note: What do you all think could be causing my leaf droop? The growth has been great but they aren’t as perky as I’d like at this stage. Considering lowering my lights, they are showing 420par atm and my Vpd is 79-80, rh is at 65 and temps are 80-82 f.

strain: Cheese Cookies by Mamiko Seeds
Medium: 100% coco
Nutes: General Hydroponics Flora Series 6 part
Light: Covert 630 Pro
Water: tap (64ppm well water)
Ph: 5.8-6.2
Germination: jiffy pellet
Pots: 1 gallon Florflex
Irrigation: Floraflex bubbler+floracap

Zombierider

Zombierider

8C9D8114 90E9 4F68 B575 15466F97709B
C84F4C87 3E4A 4DFA B768 2FC473F90492

Cheese Cookies+Granny Cantrell Tomatoes+San Marzano Tomatoes

Zombierider

Zombierider

So far this strain seems to like the higher nutes I’m giving them @900ppm. The side branching is fricken crazy on this one, putting up my scrog today.

Zombierider

Zombierider

Day: 30 from seed. Super funky cheese-vegetal smell starting to fill the tent.

Was gonna put scrog up today but I figure I would let them grow a bit taller while I LST them, maybe another 3 or 4 days then I’ll put it up. Do y’all think that is too long to wait or should I put up the scrog now and just let the scrog take over the LST work? This is my first time doing scrog so learning as I go.

Getting bushy, topped them at the 5th node 3 days ago and have begun LST’ing branches every couple days. @915 ppm 5.95ph.

200685CA 24D0 4F71 9D7C 46857ABB8734
Last edited:
Zombierider

Zombierider

Girls are spreading out nicely. Gonna put the scrog net up today, around 10 inches above the pot. Why 10 inches? Not sure just seems like a good distance considering I’ve heard everything from 8” above pot, to 18” above pot. Lowered the light like 8 inches. Will update with current DLI, trying to get it to around 30 DLI for veg.

Zombierider

Zombierider

Should I defóliate at this stage? Seems like tons of leaves down below not doing much except blocking light.

B2B2A126 616F 45F4 872D A4DEE5DDB156
Zombierider

Zombierider

So still hesitating to put up my scrog net cuz I wanna be sure I get as many colas exposed before I can’t get in there and LST them anymore with tie downs. To defoliate or not to defoliate? At this point I’m gonna probably let them grow a bit taller now and put in my scrog net like 16 inches above the pots. I have a 7ft tent so I don’t think height will be an issue, and I’d rather have good airflow below canopy cuz I heard cookies grow some dense nugs. What would y’all do at this stage?
B99E0991 78DF 4651 8D37 A50A9935B38D

Zombierider

Zombierider

finally put in my scrog, the plant to the bottom right is the fastest growing out of the four cheese cookies. I will start light defoliation through next couple weeks as the screen gets filled to around 70% full. Currently @ 1030ppm, 5.95ph, 81F 64%RH. Week 5 from seed. Tomorrow I’m gonna increase my light intensity as well from 450umols to around 490-500umols cuz of the slight less total par it’s getting from underneath the bamboo poles.
F3F5E9DE F68A 4039 A462 6E51124ABD73

Zombierider

Zombierider

Do you all think I should flip soon? I was gonna flip in 2 weeks when the scrog is 70% full, but they are growing quite fast and I don’t wanna get overcrowded. I can’t gauge what percent the scrog is full now, looks like maybe 50%? Debating lollipopping tomorrow and flipping one week from then. Any thoughts? Would appreciate the help as it’s my first grow and still have no fkn clue what I’m doin lol.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

She be growin. The plant on the bottom right is gonna take over the whole scrog net, she is such a bully lmfao
You need to tuck those branches and tops below the scrog top. The idea is to expose the entire limb to light, not just the tops. Allowing them to just grow through the top is trellising not an actual scrog. Also,remember those plants should go through a stretch period after flipping them. Some of mine double in size. Seems you have a lot going on on just one table. I will be tabling mine tomorrow, will add pics to show you what it looks like, and for the first week it isn’t pretty. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Zombierider

Zombierider

You need to tuck those branches and tops below the scrog top. The idea is to expose the entire limb to light, not just the tops. Allowing them to just grow through the top is trellising not an actual scrog. Also,remember those plants should go through a stretch period after flipping them. Some of mine double in size. Seems you have a lot going on on just one table. I will be tabling mine tomorrow, will add pics to show you what it looks like, and for the first week it isn’t pretty. Hope this helps. Good luck!
I’ve been pulling the tops through the adjacent hole when they get around 4-6 inches above the scrog. Most times they are leaned over but an hour later they point back up to the light. Damn I thought I was doing it correctly, having a top per hole in the scrog. Are you saying I need to lay everything out underneath and let the middle branch growth come through the top? Thanks for the advice! Looking forward to see your setup.

Last edited:
Zombierider

Zombierider

Here is how I’ve been training them from the bottom growth. I’m gonna start cutting some bottom leaves today, it’s way too bushy. Oh and they are not on tables, they are on some wooden platforms I built with some hardware cloth. Gonna be putting a table in next grow for sure cuz having to lean over to work on the girls is hard af on the back.

66E21E86 0FD0 48E9 A787 66A8AB478A65
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Hello 😊 This is today’s flip. Three plants, Capt Redbeards Chocolate Mimosa, Grape Ape and Jack Herer. This is a five x five Vivosun tent that stands eight feet tall. To be honest three are too many, but had no place to go with it, so I know I will be busy defoliating up until the last four weeks of the grow. Keeping air flow both above and beneath is important. Also, anything that does not reach the top of the scrog height wise should be lollypopped off. My bottom stem is clean all the way to the net. My scrog table stands twenty eight inches tall, this gives you a perspective of the height of the plants themselves. The Jack Herer was standing at forty two inches!
98ABA128 D9BF 4092 AA57 958BA4E7D744
F494EB17 DD79 40BA 90EE 0D238D12D373
My tabletop has removable legs, so I attach the top with frogs and slowly lower the table atop of my plants. This minimizes the breakage. I put my legs on it and viola plants under table. Only one breakage this morn so I’m not too tore up about it lol. I make sure each limb is below the table and I never pull them through, I may have to move them around a bit but I never pull them through the top. This exposes the entire limb, and in a few days time you will see all kinds of new growth and new tops. When I told you real scroging was ugly, I was serious. As a matter of fact, it just may not be for the faint of heart lol. Make sure your plants are watered good the night before and may flexibility be with you. Now, off to set the four x four. If I can help, just let me know.

Last edited:
Zombierider

Zombierider

That sir is a beautiful site. How big of a stem broke off? Also, how long did you tuck branches if at all after flipping? I have been following the advice of building my scrog above the plants and letting them grow through it a bit, but it seems I was being a bit too light on making sure shit stays under the screen. I figure I’m about 1 week before flip, I’m gonna lollipop next couple days so wanna let them recover for a bit before I flip.

Top Bottom