Mars Hydro FC series LED?

• Thread starter Miked1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Miked1988

Miked1988

I know mars sometimes doesn’t have the best reputation. Esp since the blurples.. But does anybody have any reviews on these lights? They look pretty well made, Samsung LM301b & Osram diodes, dimmer, mean well driver and the 4800 & 6500 are foldable, I’m looking specifically looking at the 4800 it’s priced around 650 shipped, I would need 2 of them Form my 4x8 but I haven’t seen too many reviews BUT From what I have seen looks like a lot of people like them..

Mars hydro fc series led
Anthem

Anthem

I know mars sometimes doesn’t have the best reputation. Esp since the blurples.. But does anybody have any reviews on these lights? They look pretty well made, Samsung LM301b & Osram diodes, dimmer, mean well driver and the 4800 & 6500 are foldable, I’m looking specifically looking at the 4800 it’s priced around 650 shipped, I would need 2 of them Form my 4x8 but I haven’t seen too many reviews BUT From what I have seen looks like a lot of people like them..
Yes super nice copy of the Fluence Synder series. And about 1/3 the cost. Please do a grow journal on them and let us know how they perform

Miked1988

Miked1988

Yes super nice copy of the Fluence Synder series. And about 1/3 the cost. Please do a grow journal on them and let us know how they perform
Now that you say it I thought it looked familiar haha.. they have a couple that resemble it. And most definitely will do a journal.. I was in a toss up between getting the 2 fc 4800 or 4 240W king brites but they were all out of the 3500k kingbrites when I spoke to them so I’m leaning more towards this light now.

CF89

CF89

For $1300 worth why not a brand name LED light? I’m in the same boat wanting to spend about $1000 on lighting for my 3x3 tent soon and don’t know what to get. Spider farmer? Kingbrite? Mars? Viparspectra? HLG? CLW? Blackdog?

Miked1988

Miked1988

For $1300 worth why not a brand name LED light? I’m in the same boat wanting to spend about $1000 on lighting for my 3x3 tent soon and don’t know what to get. Spider farmer? Kingbrite? Mars? Viparspectra? HLG? CLW? Blackdog?
I was going this route because the size of my plants right I can get away with 1 light, so I was going to buy 1 this month and by the time they get up in size maybe next month I’ll grab the other one.. I didn’t trust mars, vipar in the past but they look like they’re stepping their game up.. Vipar too but their lights are too small and I would rather take a chance with kingbrite if I have to buy 4x the lights and VS costs more than KB and if I wanted to fill the tent and go with HLG I’ll be spending around 1600.. I’ve heard some good things about black dog but I don’t really like the color spectrum on them.. The ones I’ve been looked like high priced blurples. Which could def work ive used blurples and had good results but def not worth the price IMO, If I had the all money right now I’d probably go with luxx lighting or the spydr lights most likely..

CF89

CF89

That’s my situation too. I hate spending twice is the thing and don’t want to spent $300 on a shit light now and then $1200 on a proper light in a month... the $300 light is a total waste and “cheap pays twice”

I really don’t know what route to take!!

interested to see what you ultimately decide. Pull from the wall is important to me too as I think those are the actual important numbers.

I might bite the bullet on a brand name one. Yield will show for it. It’ll pay itself off in a few grows. And in the end I can sell my $1200 light for $800 and only be out $400 in the end.

Miked1988

Miked1988

That’s my situation too. I hate spending twice is the thing and don’t want to spent $300 on a shit light now and then $1200 on a proper light in a month... the $300 light is a total waste and “cheap pays twice”

I really don’t know what route to take!!

interested to see what you ultimately decide. Pull from the wall is important to me too as I think those are the actual important numbers.

I might bite the bullet on a brand name one. Yield will show for it. It’ll pay itself off in a few grows. And in the end I can sell my $1200 light for $800 and only be out $400 in the end.
Exactly, I’ll def update this post when I do! And another thing is since lights are constantly changing I didn’t want to get stuck with a shitty light lol.. I usually grow with 2 1000s hps but when the summer came it fried my crop with the heat so I was mainly looking for something somewhat equivalent BUT better energy consuming & less heat overall. But also something that will hold somewhat of a value Incase I want to sell it in the future and upgrade eventually when new and better lights come out

CF89

CF89

I’m seriously debating the spider farmer sf4000 too. (Which just went from $500 to $800 and is almost a deal breaker there)

or two kingbrites?. It’s such a tough decision. I think in the end the difference is only +/-10% and there’s other things influencing my grow more than that at that point.

Miked1988

Miked1988

I’m seriously debating the spider farmer sf4000 too. (Which just went from $500 to $800 and is almost a deal breaker there)

or two kingbrites?. It’s such a tough decision. I think in the end the difference is only +/-10% and there’s other things influencing my grow more than that at that point.

where’s the spider farmer for $800? That’s crazy! I looked on amazon and saw it for around $550,

but yeah between those I would go with kingbrite even if they weren’t up to your expectations your only paying about 300 out the door ($120 per light plus $70 for international shipping) is what they quoted me. And that’s 480w. I looked up the heat measurements between king brite vs mars hydro fc series and they were around the same from what I’ve seen BUT everybodies climate is differnt depending on location. One good thing about the mars hydro is that you can attach the driver outside the tent to help with heating.. plus daisy chain them together. Look on YouTube there’s good reviews on both lights. I have some dope genetics (frosted cherry cookies from relentless gen & wedding glue (gg4 x wedding cake x kush mints 11) so I want to make sure they can reach their potential that’s why I’ve been so skeptical on which lights to get haha

Miked1988

Miked1988

So after a tons of research and talking with tons of people over the past 6 months I got this one.. I heard a lot of good things about luxx lm.. I just hope I’m happy with the end results after dishing out $1200 for light, my budget was first around $500 then I told myself $600 then I said the most $900 then eventually talked myself up to $1200 🤦‍♂️ Any of you guys familiar with them?? They’ve been selling like hot cakes.. a customer bought 10 of them right before I came into the store as did another hydro store in the Bay Area..

6DF17561 C454 4F65 81F0 47242945CA5B
CF89

CF89

I am so overwhelmed with lights I don’t even know where to start anymore. Was looking at kingbrite but they seem kinda cheap and sketchy. And even after $200 in shipping fees they’re still only $600 for the 480w for my 3x3 tent. My budget is a bit more than $600 and is closer to $1000 and growing... like yours did haha. So I may get a brand name one. Just don’t know who’s the best and who to trust. Etc...

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
So after a tons of research and talking with tons of people over the past 6 months I got this one.. I heard a lot of good things about luxx lm.. I just hope I’m happy with the end results after dishing out $1200 for light, my budget was first around $500 then I told myself $600 then I said the most $900 then eventually talked myself up to $1200 🤦‍♂️ Any of you guys familiar with them?? They’ve been selling like hot cakes.. a customer bought 10 of them right before I came into the store as did another hydro store in the Bay Area..
Should be great. I’ve seen some
Monsters under luxx. Happy grows.

Anthem

Anthem

If you are still looking at lights make sure and find out if the grower doing the review was sponsored by the manufacturer. This makes a big difference in the reviews. Good Luck with your lighting purchase.

Miked1988

Miked1988

I am so overwhelmed with lights I don’t even know where to start anymore. Was looking at kingbrite but they seem kinda cheap and sketchy. And even after $200 in shipping fees they’re still only $600 for the 480w for my 3x3 tent. My budget is a bit more than $600 and is closer to $1000 and growing... like yours did haha. So I may get a brand name one. Just don’t know who’s the best and who to trust. Etc...
I was in the same exact boat bro.. I got this one even though it was out of my price range because, like I said before if I were to upgrade in the future I’m sure it’ll hold atleast 50% of the value.. these ones were flying off the shelves everywhere! I actually got lucky to get this one.. I’m in sac and had to drive to the Bay Area to get this one.. literally called like 30 hydroponic stores and nobody had shit in stock Some idiot out here tryed convincing me that his kind led Blurple they had it stock would flower a 5x5 and that it’s “original price” is $1000 but since he doesn’t have a cord with it he’ll hook me up for $450 (for just the hell of it I looked it up and it was online brand new for $350.. (that store won’t ever get my business for that) and everybody was telling me it’s impossible to get a new gavita leds right now Because they supposedly stopped shipping since the flu shit started.. another light I was really considering was the growers choice roi-e720 or The iluminar il8x Or il5x (it’s a new company but there lights look good).. I really was about to get that mars hydro fc4800 but everytime I contacted mars (and I spoke with maybe 5 different reps) It seemed like everytime they didn’t or couldn’t answer my question (usually had to wait 2-3 days for a reply too) and they were so adamant on me using their promo code.. I asked them a couple times if they could tell me what stores in or around the Sacramento CA area carry there products and they replied saying (what city are you located in?) like dude I literally included my location in my first email and he completely bypassed it to send me his stupid promo code lol.. But the only ones who really helped me was The luxx reps and ledgrowlightdepot (but they were out of the Luxx LEDs) but they had the best deals around I’ll definitely be doing business with them in the future!

Miked1988

Miked1988

If you are still looking at lights make sure and find out if the grower doing the review was sponsored by the manufacturer. This makes a big difference in the reviews. Good Luck with your lighting purchase.
Got cha Thanks bro! Yeah I definitely try to look out for that, I think luxx sponsors jungle boys So I wasn’t considering anything they had to say I was mostly going by word of mouth and youtube reviews and my own investigating looking through there specs.. I’ll definitely be posting my results with a honest review. esp after switching from a 1000w Hps .. this is my first time using a real led.. I might throw a couple led bars on both ends Of this luxx to make up for the extra feet of my tent (4x8) just to have a even canopy..

Anthem

Anthem

The luxx stuff looks pretty good. I am running the Gavita's and the Fluence Syders 2I. I just finished a run with the Fluence Gear and I think my future light purchases are going to be Fluence. IMO they are about 5 to 10 percent better than the Gavita's which are good as well.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Spider farmer mine are working great I’ve ordered another sf2000 from my other 3x3 . Regards Od I’m doing a review on them now on my cheese crop . .

Last edited:
Top Bottom