• Thread starter MarsG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MarsG

MarsG

THCFarmer Sponsor
im running the m2 1600w and i like it alot but...they needed to make this fixture bigger like 3 feet x 3 feet instead of less than 2 x 2. i did see a little bit of bleaching when running the buds closer than 10 inches which was unavoidable for me lol.it gets hot but not as hot as any of my 600hps.someone on here said once that 400watts of light will produce X amount of heat no matter what light source you use,or same would apply if using 1000 watts of light it will still be x amount of heat generated.im starting to believe that theory lol
Hi Sixstring, welcome to Mars-Hydro family
welcome.gif

I see what you meant, we do have got some feedback saying the length of fixture might be too short, but some feedbacks are good about this. We decided the size after some tests, if it's too long, the light can't be fixed stable. So, we have made YOYO Hanger!!;) It's adjustable, you can set any distance you want, AND very cheap, less than 10 USD.

MarsG

MarsG

THCFarmer Sponsor
hello, this is the photo about my tent...my strais are bornt few days ago and i wanna show you the temperature (celsius degrees during light off and light on(fan on) do you have any suggestion?i think the temperature is a little hot cuz outside here is still really hot!View attachment 535953) View attachment 535954
Hi BeglianHaze,
Wow your place is still hot, without light on is 28.8 ℃ already...China is much cooler at this moment ;) Only 2 ℃ higher when you turnt light and fan on, which I think it's reasonable.May I know how many fans you r running and please be sure the air cycle is good. Actually 30.5 ℃ for veg is good, and autum is coming, the environment temp is like free AC for you;) I think the temp will be good for flowring .. Keep updating and let me know
yummy.gif

DrFever

DrFever

i think many are fooled into believing that led does not produce heat a watt is a watt no matter what will always produce heat people just have to realize about light efficiency, many tend to think Hid produces more heat its because of its effciency only so many watts are light and rest of watts are heat if that makes sense lol , as for LED they produce heat many things alter the lens angle can disperse it anyways you MArs guy pm me the big baddest MArs pro price and some info thanks

MarsG

MarsG

THCFarmer Sponsor
i think many are fooled into believing that led does not produce heat a watt is a watt no matter what will always produce heat people just have to realize about light efficiency, many tend to think Hid produces more heat its because of its effciency only so many watts are light and rest of watts are heat if that makes sense lol , as for LED they produce heat many things alter the lens angle can disperse it anyways you MArs guy pm me the big baddest MArs pro price and some info thanks
Thanks for explaining the heat issue for us!
thumb.gif
48.gif

BeglianHaze

BeglianHaze

Hello guys,

ye i know about standar temperature for a good growing, but the problem is that this year autumn will arrive really late here, so in the temperature where i've put my tent arrive easily around 28-30 degrees.
2 or 3 degrees more inside tent from a led of 400w are reasonable, and my plants just have like 5 days now...it should be better for me when the temperature will be lower.

MarsG

MarsG

THCFarmer Sponsor
Hello guys,

ye i know about standar temperature for a good growing, but the problem is that this year autumn will arrive really late here, so in the temperature where i've put my tent arrive easily around 28-30 degrees.
2 or 3 degrees more inside tent from a led of 400w are reasonable, and my plants just have like 5 days now...it should be better for me when the temperature will be lower.

Hope you will share your grow pics with us!:joyful::joyful::joyful:

MarsG

MarsG

THCFarmer Sponsor
I have got some messages for inquiring about the price of our light, thanks for you guys' support!;)
So the price depends on which country you are from, cuz it's free shipping within some places. I don't want to make this thread so commercial, so if you would like to inquire about price, please contact this email: [email protected]. And please title with "Thcfarmer", so the staff maybe can give you discount:p

sixstring

sixstring

i would love to see a new panel like my 1600 that has more white diodes,a larger frame like 3ft x 3 ft and maybe use 3w chips in the very center of the panel and 5w only along the 4 or 5 outermost rows of lights maybe even point the last row slightly outward to cover a 5x5 area better.i would drop 700.00 or 800.00 on one of those in a second :)
@MarsG i do use that style hanger on my light now,but i have it hung at 65" from the floor and thats about as high as i feel it can go and still penetrate my plants well.you just need to make one of these wider like your seeing with all the homemade panels lately ;)
Mk mars led 001
Mk mars led 004
Mk mars led 047
Mk mars led 053

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I think my earlier post got overlooked. im running 3x600hps in big kahuna hoods in a 8x12x7 built room with a 14k btu a/c and running 73* lights on under every hood. what panel do you have that's comparable to one of my 600's? I would be interested in 3 panels ONLY if the yields are above what im pulling now. im currently pulling excellent yields, but would like to save a bit on the power draw like the leds do. BUT do not want to sacrifice quality or quantity.

DrFever

DrFever

I think my earlier post got overlooked. im running 3x600hps in big kahuna hoods in a 8x12x7 built room with a 14k btu a/c and running 73* lights on under every hood. what panel do you have that's comparable to one of my 600's? I would be interested in 3 panels ONLY if the yields are above what im pulling now. im currently pulling excellent yields, but would like to save a bit on the power draw like the leds do. BUT do not want to sacrifice quality or quantity.
You should be asking with all BS set aside which mars unit will infact replace a 600 watt HID
I just hate when LED companies mention some 200 watt LED unit or what have you that replaces a 600 watt HID tricking the person into thinking he will yield same as one but falls miles short in all areas of growth an yield

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

from everything ive read and a lot of people ive talked to, led will NEVER replace a hid unit in terms of quality and quantity for around the same cost (per unit, not electricity cost). just wanted to hear what mars guys says.

Toaster79

Toaster79

from everything ive read and a lot of people ive talked to, led will NEVER replace a hid unit in terms of quality and quantity for around the same cost (per unit, not electricity cost). just wanted to hear what mars guys says.

How often do you change your HPS bulbs and how much do they cost. LEDs reach efficiency of 150lm/W easily and keep it through their life cycle. HPS has initial efficiency of max 150lm/W which srarts degrading the minute you turn it on. LEDs are about 45% efficient turning energy to light where HPS is 30% efficient. So with the same ammount of light, HPS will produce 15% more heat which has to be removed again using aditional electricity. Also, LEDs have broader spectrum meaning they can be used for veg and flower, where with HPS you need another unit for veg. Didyou add the costs of the veg unit and bulbs to the equation? I'm not saying this is the case with mars units as I don't know what's their thermal management like, what's the efficiency of their drivers and I know they're are using LEDs that are not able to reach those numbers. And that won't change for a while. But the technology is out there on the market you just need to source it out and put it together.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

every 2 harvests I change bulbs. ive been on the same ballasts for 4 years, new hoods about a yr, prev hoods 3 years.

but who do you believe when it comes to led's? surely not those pitching their product. their just as bad as nutrient companies boasting yields and delivering next to nothing.

DrFever

DrFever

Toaster not necessarily i have used heat to my benefit heat is not always a bad thing i guess it is if your a closet grower
i have found that running temps 88 and hotter degrees with c02 injection plants explode in growth its just not the lights the effect growth its a variety of things i seen a person spend 10,000 on lights the best of the best if you do not have other important things in check your grow will be shit
yet nothing on enviroment and he did terrible
moral of the story is since LED used the term or i should say spectrums for plant growth more over then most other lighting companies in a sense confusing growers and like we see all over the forums now 3 k 5 k etc i am going to go with soft white and add hard white lol is becoming quite hilarious i mean if this was true then a 400 watt right spectrum veg light should destroy a 1000 watt hid same amount of time in veg ??? But does it i mean you can scour the net for 4 week vegged plants hid vs led and 99.9 percent of the time hid will be 2 - 3 times bigger
But wait a minute here my led lights have the right spectrum for veg how can this be ????
lol plain n simple horse power you can have a finely tuned 4 banger its not going to compete with my 6000 horse power beast

DrFever

DrFever

here this is what its like when LED vs Hid LEd is the pontiac G6 and Hid is top fuel lol and results the stock car is your average LED grow light and what it would look like going up against a DE unit lol more or less look at the on board video

Toaster79

Toaster79

You are not comparing 400W LED to 1000W do you? You're mixing apples and basketballs. Put a well built 1K LED unit in one room and put 1K HPS in another room. Now start your plants from seed and see which room will be filled first.

You get the point?

Or should I put it this way:

I'll take Porsche 911 GT3 and you take your 6000HP monster and meet me at Hockenheimring; )

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

You are not comparing 400W LED to 1000W do you? You're mixing apples and basketballs. Put a well built 1K LED unit in one room and put 1K HPS in another room. Now start your plants from seed and see which room will be filled first.

You get the point?

Or should I put it this way:

I'll take Porsche 911 GT3 and you take your 6000HP monster and meet me at Hockenheimring; )

Are you talking about 1000 actual draw power of LED or just a 1000w ? This is why consumers need to educate themselves before buying and companies should be a bit more clear About what there selling. My 400w panel allegedly replaces 400w HID but that's a far stretch.

I think there's truth to what's he's saying too, I have two 400w led panels, actual draw about 360 watts but if I go by what they sell them as, I have 800w worth of LED. I still have to air cool the tent and no way will both of these panels out perform a 400w HPS So what's the point and where is the efficiency ?. I really don't think I'm saving anything. Let's say I use 50w less on the lighting , 350w draw with LED versus 400w hps, the loss in yield from LED doesn't equal out in energy costs because I still have to use most of the same environmental controls as HID plus my yield is way less. if they ran super cool and didnt need to control heat, I could see the point.

Toaster79

Toaster79

I'm always talking actual power on the LEDs. Take away 5-12% for driver losses, depending on the driver used and 5% max for cooling the unit. Or add to those 1000W. And I'm talking Cree CXB series. And I'm not calling aluminum MCPCBs, and silicon thermal grease thermal management.

What were those units you're using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom