• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice to see you here. I'm getting a TSL2000 for my first grow, first tent. :)
Hello warriormom, welcome to THCFARMER, and thanks for your support to Mars Hydro. Don't miss Mars Hydro Giveaways, share your light and plants pic, win the free light, check here👇

tomgrow20

tomgrow20

Hi all, I hope I'm allowed to ask this question here 😁

So I'm a total newbie at this growing in a tent thing, and want to get everything as spot on as I can, from start to finish. Beginning with the light.

I have the Mars Hydro TS1000 in a 1m x 1m x 2m tent. How many plants (was going to experiment with blue cheese auto first) would I be able to fit in this area with these lights. It's a little over 9 square feet I believe.

Also, totally unrelated to cannabis plants, I am currently growing a tomato plant in the tent, under the TS1000, what height would you recommend the light be set at, the plant hasn't long been put in the tent with this new light, I did have it under a cheap one off wish, and I can already see a huge difference, lesson learned, but the plant seems stressed (see pics), so for now I've lowered the light down to 100W and set it to 24" away to see if it would help. Temps in the tent are 22-24 Celcius in the day and around 18 - 19 at night, between 55 and 65% RH too. Any and all advise would be appreciated. Like I said totally new to all this and I'd like to master the light side of things, before growing the main event, will be doing RDWC eventually.

So I've attached pics of the plant as it is now, I know it's not a cannabis plant, but like I said this is my practice plant to master the light side of things, I think I'm over complicating things in my head to be honest.

Also, I took some light readings with the sensor (see pics) in my Galaxy S7 at different heights and different true Watts using a power draw device, do any of the numbers help when knowing how high or low to put the light?

Sorry for all the questions in one post.

Cheers guys 👍

100W 24inch
100W 18inch

125W 24inch
125W 18inch

150W 24inch
150W 18inch

Tom plant

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

The TS-1000 would not be enough to flower out a 3ftx3ft tent. I say 3ft because it's closest to one meter. Anyways, with LED you can get the lights pretty close without hurting the plant. Cannabis anyways. I normally never go more then 12 inches away. That is my sweet spot. In the picture I am attaching, I have a TS-1000 in a 3x3 tent under 1 plant but that one plant is a monster. You can also see, I cant control how close she is but she isn't suffering any light burns as of yet.

Dp123
Dptop
SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

So I'm a total newbie at this growing in a tent thing, and want to get everything as spot on as I can, from start to finish. Beginning with the light.

I have the Mars Hydro TS1000 in a 1m x 1m x 2m tent. How many plants (was going to experiment with blue cheese auto first) would I be able to fit in this area with these lights. It's a little over 9 square feet I believe.

Also, totally unrelated to cannabis plants, I am currently growing a tomato plant in the tent, under the TS1000, what height would you recommend the light be set at, the plant hasn't long been put in the tent with this new light, I did have it under a cheap one off wish, and I can already see a huge difference, lesson learned, but the plant seems stressed (see pics), so for now I've lowered the light down to 100W and set it to 24" away to see if it would help. Temps in the tent are 22-24 Celcius in the day and around 18 - 19 at night, between 55 and 65% RH too. Any and all advise would be appreciated. Like I said totally new to all this and I'd like to master the light side of things, before growing the main event, will be doing RDWC eventually.

So I've attached pics of the plant as it is now, I know it's not a cannabis plant, but like I said this is my practice plant to master the light side of things, I think I'm over complicating things in my head to be honest.

Also, I took some light readings with the sensor (see pics) in my Galaxy S7 at different heights and different true Watts using a power draw device, do any of the numbers help when knowing how high or low to put the light?

Cheers guys 👍

View attachment 933770 View attachment 933769
View attachment 933772 View attachment 933771
View attachment 933774 View attachment 933773
View attachment 933775
I wouldn't suggest any more then 2 flowering cannabis plants under a TS-1000. I answered you above too but it didn't reply to you if you scroll up.

tomgrow20

tomgrow20

I wouldn't suggest any more then 2 flowering cannabis plants under a TS-1000. I answered you above too but it didn't reply to you if you scroll up.
Cheers for the advice 👍 I had read that some people have had success with 3 or more using LST in my size tent with different types of lights, so think I'll stick to 2, and try a bit of LST. Do the light readings I posted help at all when positing the light then? I mean like when vegging they need a little less intensity than when they are flowering, so If I were to put it 12" above during flowering, should it be 18" in veg or just 12 across the board?

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Cheers for the advice 👍 I had read that some people have had success with 3 or more using LST in my size tent with different types of lights, so think I'll stick to 2, and try a bit of LST. Do the light readings I posted help at all when positing the light then? I mean like when vegging they need a little less intensity than when they are flowering, so If I were to put it 12" above during flowering, should it be 18" in veg or just 12 across the board?
Raise it to 18 in veg for a better footprint but once they are in flower they stretch like crazy and double in size sometimes more. You can train right like you said but it would still pull away from a good and great harvest. In a 3x3 like yours....the TSW-2000 would smash that area. I own a few Mars-Hydro lights and speak from experience too.

tomgrow20

tomgrow20

Raise it to 18 in veg for a better footprint but once they are in flower they stretch like crazy and double in size sometimes more. You can train right like you said but it would still pull away from a good and great harvest. In a 3x3 like yours....the TSW-2000 would smash that area. I own a few Mars-Hydro lights and speak from experience too.

Exactly the kind of advice I was after. Much appreciated mate.

@
MarsHydroLED
Any TSW-2000's being given away any time soon 😁

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

Cheers guys 👍

View attachment 933770 View attachment 933769
View attachment 933772 View attachment 933771
View attachment 933774 View attachment 933773
View attachment 933775

Brother I'm going to have to agree with
@SadBadGrower. I will add that you need to make sure that the Meanwell driver is turned up to high. The fact that you are going to use some Cheese Auto strain might actually allow you to grow 2-3 plants max packed in closely under TSW1000. If it was just a feminized seed or regular cannabis you'd only put 1 under there. The fact that you have autos means you can maintain the light 12-13 inches or 30 centimeters above the cannabis adjusting height accordingly throughout the grow. Lastly make sure you are on 18hours on 6hours off from seedling to harvest.
Blessing's , Peace, Love and Good toking brother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom