• Thread starter Goodshit97
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I won't fight it anymore!

4 Mars FC 4800s going in garbage today!

How long after I start bashing Mars on here will my 4 free replacements arrive from the sponsor who's lights are guaranteed to never burn my house down?
You seem to feel a personal attack is coming your way.

Do your research man, this is regarding the TSW series not the FC series. The TSW series have a HORRIBLE safety issue regarding where the power cable is plugged into. It’s a cheap solder on the board itself that doesn’t have a waterproof coating. Their customer service and warranty removed their 5 year warranty and changed it to 1 year because of this instead of actually fixing the issue….if that doesn’t raise alarms I don’t know what to tell you.

The FC series, a lot of their safety issues were fixed and addressed and their 5 year warranty was placed on those products. I am sure you won’t have any issues with your lights, but regarding customer service…I would listen to your peers who have had run ins with them and take that and make your own assessment.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I put this posting up just to warm fellow farmers to keep an eye on their stuff. Regardless of manufacturer just be careful people! No one needs to lose everything that they have ever worked for just because of a light. If i knew what i know now, i probably wouldnt have ever purchased from mars hydro. I even sold my mars hydro tent last year because it just wasnt the quality my AC infinity tents are. Im thinking about waiting until AC drops their iongrid T33 and giving that a test run in my 3x3. Ive been wicked pleased with AC Infinity so far.

Anthem

Anthem

I won't fight it anymore!

4 Mars FC 4800s going in garbage today!

How long after I start bashing Mars on here will my 4 free replacements arrive from the sponsor who's lights are guaranteed to never burn my house down?
Throwing the lights in the trash may not be a bad idea considering the experiences of others. But your choice. I want to say the Mars stuff I had made it to a little more than 6 months. But YMMV

grnmtn

grnmtn

Throwing the lights in the trash may not be a bad idea considering the experiences of others. But your choice. I want to say the Mars stuff I had made it to a little more than 6 months. But YMMV
What do you use now?

What kind of setup you running?

I can't see any of your pics for some reason?

Perhaps I can use your advice on what to buy if we have similar grows?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

That’s crazy!! Sorry about your luck there Buddy!! Hopefully Spiderfarmer runs another giveaway we can all enter for you!
Crazy for sure, im not terribly upset over it though. What upsets me is MH customer service and warranty. Ive had 2 ts series lights do this now and they dont want to do anything about either of them and the one that just burned was only 3 weeks old. So im officially done supporting mars hydro. Ive told everyone i know that uses MH to either upgrade to something else or just keep a watchful eye.

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

I run multiple Mars FC 4800s and are by far the best lights I've ever owned. A FIVE year warranty they came with so your blanket statements don't necessarily ring true.
There is something not correct with you coming on this thread that has clearly documented issues with a product and stating how wonderful another one of their products is. You clearly have an agenda and anyone with half a brain can see that. So taking that to the next step I can clearly see you have some sort of a deal with Mars or you work directly for Mars in some way shape or form.

What lights I run or my setup has nothing to do with this thread. That is just another attempt by you to side track this thread.

grnmtn

grnmtn

There is something not correct with you coming on this thread that has clearly documented issues with a product and stating how wonderful another one of their products is. You clearly have an agenda and anyone with half a brain can see that. So taking that to the next step I can clearly see you have some sort of a deal with Mars or you work directly for Mars in some way shape or form.

What lights I run or my setup has nothing to do with this thread. That is just another attempt by you to side track this thread.
What? Side Track?

Defending my new lights that I love is bad and means I work for Mars?

Asking for possible grow advice from you was subversive and offensive on a grow forum?

So I'm unworthy of your grow advice and info or even credentials cuz I defend my lights?
Are we communists? Not to get political or anything like that.

grnmtn

grnmtn

Last question. Do I have a right to appreciate my lights on this forum even though the manufacturer is banned from site?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Last question. Do I have a right to appreciate my lights on this forum even though the manufacturer is banned from site?
I have no problem with you backing your lights at all. I gave my experience, you gave yours. Cant fault you by any means.

Anthem

Anthem

What? Side Track?

Defending my new lights that I love is bad and means I work for Mars?

Asking for possible grow advice from you was subversive and offensive on a grow forum?

So I'm unworthy of your grow advice and info or even credentials cuz I defend my lights?
Are we communists? Not to get political or anything like that.
It is pretty clear your attempts to side track this thread and make things personal are not going to work. Mars is banned for a reason plain and simple. You heard it from an admin. If a company comes to the site as a sponsor they are paying money to be a sponsor. If the owner of the forum choose to band them and they were a sponsor as previously stated that means the owner is literally taking money right out of his pocket because of the issues with said sponsor.
There is no politics allowed on the farm and all I have done with you is try to keep the thread on subject.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

You know I was thinking the same thing 🤔 because it's not a secret that Mars customer service is hot garbage 😑 you know you were rolling the dice IMHO. I personally didn't buy a Mars light because of the complaints and horrible reviews. Just my thoughts on the subject.

grnmtn

grnmtn

It is pretty clear your attempts to side track this thread and make things personal are not going to work. Mars is banned for a reason plain and simple. You heard it from an admin. If a company comes to the site as a sponsor they are paying money to be a sponsor. If the owner of the forum choose to band them and they were a sponsor as previously stated that means the owner is literally taking money right out of his pocket because of the issues with said sponsor.
There is no politics allowed on the farm and all I have done with you is try to keep the thread on subject.
I have tried not to make anything personal other than ask your advice which seemed to bother you????

Didn't know you had to use sponsored equipment to respond on here?

Sorry about the politics and didn't mean to insult you if you are a communist.

grnmtn

grnmtn

I promise I won't interfere with your Mars bashing anymore!
Must attend to plants.
My apologies 😕

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I promise I won't interfere with your Mars bashing anymore!
My apologies 😕
Its all in good fun. I think its great that you like your lights enough to support MH. Ive never seen or used the fc series so i cant say anything about it. All i can say is the ts series catch fire lol.

grnmtn

grnmtn

You know I was thinking the same thing 🤔 because it's not a secret that Mars customer service is hot garbage 😑 you know you were rolling the dice IMHO. I personally didn't buy a Mars light because of the complaints and horrible reviews. Just my thoughts on the subject.
Look at all my past posts and you will see the foolishness in your thinking.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Look at all my past posts and you will see the foolishness in your thinking.
It's not foolish I am just saying did you just say all these other people were wrong 🤔 I am just saying it's not a secret they're hot garbage. I think the HLG guy said only buy Samsung diodes and mean well drivers. Why because no name stuff will not be covered by your home owners insurance 🤔

Latest posts

Top Bottom