Massive Roots! Root Booster Winner test!

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nightmarecreature

@TSTEW313 the upper 1/4 of the rootball on the R.E. plant had very sparse root development compared to the Aptus plant,this was even more apparent to me when I transplanted this morning, and the only reason the R. E. plant didn't lose that top 1/4 layer of soil during transplant was because I was holding it in place with my hand,The Aptus plant had enough root mass that its rootball stayed together with zero help from me.....

The above ground growth ,and health on both clones appears equal at this time,but below ground, the Aptus plant has developed a bit more root mass at this stage......

Thanks for the testing. I think a better test would be to run more than 2 plants. A tray or several plants would make for a better test along with a group of controls. That's what Im doing and a few others.

The reason I say that is because even two clones of the same strain with identical nutrient profiles, take on different root systems. I have two SFV's, same size, everything is identical and one SFV has a substantial increase in the root system.

We are testing the Startboost against the RE as we speak. The Startboost is about 50% more money than the RE, so cost is a factor. TSTEW ordered from that link that UG posted and it was 50% more. If the results are that much more dramatic on the Startboost than I will fork over the money. On the other hand, if the difference is negligible, Ill stick to the RE.

My Yeti rooted in 4 days from the mom with the RE and four other strains should be rooted by day 5.One strain is doing nothing on day 4 but its only one so far.

waayne

waayne

I agree @nightmarecreature a larger group with a control would be better, as you've pointed out, others are doing this,but I feel this will still have some validity,and it is what I had on hand as far as identical clones.....I really want to see how it performs in soil......
The areo cloner results interest me very little......who can't get cuts to throw roots in a few days in an aerocloner.....?

Your Yeti cuts root about like mine,it only takes 4-5 days,even with no additives......and yes this is in rockwool........

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

You both have good opinions an facts about the rooting process! But as we all know some of the older cut's can be a real pain too root is why I prefer the aero Cloner plus I get a faster turn around time and time is money! But one more thing although some cut's may have the same name some can be a s1 which would root faster with more vigor!

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

And this why I love the farm we have some of the most knowledgeable people an i learn something new everyday thanks for keeping the thread full of facts this thread will help a lot of people that may be having problems rooting no matter what product they decided to use!

DC105

DC105

I can't roots to throw in 4 days in or areocloner. We are using "life",which I like, but I think Aptus and RE are a step above it. 6 days is where In seeing ropes with Life.
You guys are keeping it real and walk have valid points!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
My tangerine is rooted, but the roots are not busting out of the cube yet. Both sides. Tangerine is my fastest rooting plant. I have gotten roots in 5 days out of the cube with her in rockwool. Today was day 6.

N

nightmarecreature

I agree @nightmarecreature a larger group with a control would be better, as you've pointed out, others are doing this,but I feel this will still have some validity,and it is what I had on hand as far as identical clones.....I really want to see how it performs in soil......
The areo cloner results interest me very little......who can't get cuts to throw roots in a few days in an aerocloner.....?

Your Yeti cuts root about like mine,it only takes 4-5 days,even with no additives......and yes this is in rockwool........

Ive never gotten the Ghost og to root in 4 days from the mom until I started using the RE.

Some cuts will root in 4-5 days with plain water but not the Ghost og. The Yeti#7 is a new seed find and it might root that fast with plain water but no way will the roots be that thick with plain water.

I can't wait to see what the Startboost can do. Im running my own tests with it because I want to make sure the results never get skewed. Its getting a fair shot because its getting run in different climates and enviroments.

After more testing, I'll see how the Aptus and RE do with OGbioware combo. If I see no improvement, Ill still run it for a disease preventative.

Last edited:
chinqlinq

chinqlinq

Have you guys tried a side by side test with Tap vs RO?

I plugged 2/3s of a tray tap and 1/3 RO and the tap side significantly rooted faster. Same strain, same plant. This was just done to one tray only.

edit: Let me clarify 'significantly faster', when about 15% of the RO cuts had rooted, 35% of the Tap side had rooted.

Last edited:
TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Thanks for sharing that information! With us I have not tried an I'm still learning new stuff on the farm!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
its nice to see so many tests but unless we all have the exact sanr level on health of mother plants, the comparison of the tests are rather inconclusive. eaxh person doing their own xomparison inhouse doesnt allow for a universal control of parameters..
what the mother eats for food abd spexificalky what ahe has been fed the week prior ro cutting will impact rootibg rime dramatically. spray with plain water or with nitrozyme and doing the fulvic acid prior give a mothering plant varying rootin times. so keep in mind the host of variables....

chinqlinq

chinqlinq

True, but that's why you should stay consistent when testing different nutrients serving the same purpose. In this situation, you would take similar cuttings from the same mother, feed them the different nutrients in testing, and place them in identical environments. If you're seeing consistently better results with a specific company/nutrient it's somewhat safe to assume that it is working better for you.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
yep. just wanted to rwmind aome that inherint variability skewes results and thqt it doeant all teanslate. so doingbur own comparisons r key but there is some universally helpful info that will come out.
with all comparative bute tests we seebpics of the flowers and planthealrh. im not aeeing pixa of peoples mother plants so im taking it all qith a grain of salt.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
i see a lot of folks put a lot of enerfy into bloom rooms but many of the mother setups i see n person leave a lot to b desired. concentate on donor plant health n ull see speedier rooting. mayvor maynot have to change ur cloning setup based on mothering texhniques imo

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Yeah but that's why I got on this train because my mother's were fucked up an I had to kill a fungus an hit my plant's so hard with a strong fungicide that they use on golf course greens, it made my gee's look just like broccoli with close internodes and this product still got my plans to root fast!

Aligee

Aligee

i get roots in 4-5 days using Power clone solution in a turbokloner,

N

nightmarecreature

Damn! First roots in 4-5 days is bullshit and now everyone has roots in 4-5 days.

The RE makes the roots thicker and they tend to dig downward, I have not seen another root booster make thicker roots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom