Massive Roots! Root Booster Winner test!

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Time to break open the piggy bank! I'll order both products at the same time when it arrives I will need 14 day's to complete my testing with the same sfv cut I'll report back! Before I begin the test I will take pictures of the products that I'll be using!

Last edited:
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Time to break open the piggy bank! I'll order both products at the same time when it arrives I will need 14 day's to complete my testing with the same sfv cut I'll report back! Before I begin the test I will take pictures of the products that I'll be using!
Rock that shit Bro...:)

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Screenshot 2015 01 21 23 29 47
We're gonna get this party started!

ZurichTheHunter

ZurichTheHunter

So I just took theses pics this is the end of the 2nd test with the RO Water + RX + RE in same Ez-Cloner here is the Results, This far RX by itself is the winner of theses two test, Next Up I tour everything down and Cleaned the cloner same as previous two test, all new Cone Inserts and she is back up and running for the 3rd and finale Test, with RO Water and RE ONLY.
2-jpg.461651

1st Test RX ONLY in Clone Machine
3-jpg.461649

2nd Test RX+RE in Clone Machine Together
9-jpg.461650

3rd Test RE Only In Clone Machine. Here is the Update with PIC
13-jpg.477585

Forgot all about posting them, Oops....:oops: RX for the win in my Ez-Clone Machines, Also check out the PermaClone inserts way cool..;)
Thank you for the update Oscar!

A couple of quick questions if ok:

1. What pH are you running in your cloning solution?
2. What are you seeing as the TDS PPM when RX is freshly mixed?
3. What is your cloner nute temp during operation?
4. What is the air temp where your cloner is located?
5. What is the relative humidity?

Giving Respect to JackMayOffer and DessertSquerrel. Two guys that have had a huge impact on our garden.

N

nightmarecreature

Sometimes everything can be perfect but if there is contamination there will be slow root growth or poor root grow.

Oscar's test showed poor results with the Clone RX and the RE results were just insanely terrible. Im getting better roots with the RE than the RX results by day 4. I dont know whats going on but me and Tstew are getting the same results and we live across the Country.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Thank you for the update Oscar!

A couple of quick questions if ok:

1. What pH are you running in your cloning solution? 5.5PH
2. What are you seeing as the TDS PPM when RX is freshly mixed? 180-200 ppm On 500 Scale
3. What is your cloner nute temp during operation? 75-80
4. What is the air temp where your cloner is located? 70
5. What is the relative humidity?55%

Giving Respect to JackMayOffer and DessertSquerrel. Two guys that have had a huge impact on our garden.

2. What are you seeing as the TDS PPM when RX is freshly mixed? 180-200 ppm On 500 Scale

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Hey TSTEW

In relation to using Tap Water / RO, what do you attribute the better results with tap water too?

Are you using well water or city water?
City tap water my ppm from the tap is 180! I achieve way better results with tap water over RO water

ZurichTheHunter

ZurichTheHunter

Thanks Oscar!

Here is what we are running:

1. What pH are you running in your cloning solution? 5.3 to 5.5
2. What are you seeing as the TDS PPM when RX is freshly mixed? 230-250 ppm On 700 Scale
4. What is the air temp where your cloner is located? 78
5. What is the relative humidity? 65%

A follow-up question. When your clones are rooted and ready to transplant, what is your process after.

As an example..... Our rooted clones are transplanted from the cloner to a modified Northern Lights DWC table that has the capacity for 16 individual 8" net pots under a 1000 w mh.

The bare root clones are transplanted into the net pots with the entire root structure dangling below the pot directly in the DWC's nutrient solution. The net pots are filled with Growstones.

Once the babies grow approximately 2' tall, they are transplanted into a Under Current DWC System with 8 gallon pots to Pre-Veg. This all happens in our nursery.

In the Pre-Veg stage, the plants are trained into a SCROG with a combination of super-cropping and pruning. They are sitting under 3k mh

When the plants are big enough to fill the SCROG, they are transplanted to a flowering room equipped with 13 gallon pots, 8k hps.

Co2 enrichment thru ought the journey.

If any of you are up to sharing your process and the "why", would love to learn from you. :-)

ZurichTheHunter

ZurichTheHunter

City tap water my ppm from the tap is 180! I achieve way better results with tap water over RO water
I wonder what it is about the tap water in your scenario that produces better results. I have tried both and can honestly attest to not seeing a significant difference between the two. Yet! ;-)

I wonder if it has to do with chloramines in the city water?

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

I'm not sure but there are others that say they see better results with tap as well but what ever works best for you is all that matters!

ZurichTheHunter

ZurichTheHunter

Sometimes everything can be perfect but if there is contamination there will be slow root growth or poor root grow.

Oscar's test showed poor results with the Clone RX and the RE results were just insanely terrible. Im getting better roots with the RE than the RX results by day 4. I dont know whats going on but me and Tstew are getting the same results and we live across the Country.

It seems like its not a contamination issue for Oscar as he says he sterilizes the cloner and installs new pucks with each round of new clones. It also seems that he has his environmental parameters well controlled. It also seems his test and its results were pretty transparent. I don't get a sense that he is pushing product or has an agenda, just sharing his experience in good faith.

My perception from following this thread is that you and TSTEW are getting similar results with RE as Oscar is getting with RX. Maybe I am misinterpreting something. Not sure.

If you wouldn't mind sharing NMC, would love to learn more about your systems.

1. What pH are you running in your cloning solution?
2. What are you seeing as the TDS PPM when cloning solution is freshly mixed?
3. What is your cloner nute temp during operation?
4. What is the air temp where your cloner is located?
5. What is the relative humidity?
6. Are you using RO or Tap?

And I apologize if you have already shared. This is a hell of a long thread and even though I have read it all..... I am capable of missing a detail or 2. Apologies in advance if that is the case.

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Here is mine as follows
Room temperature 75 degrees
RH 55%
PH 5.5

TDS with RE around 200 on a 500 scale but I'll double check tomorrow with a precise read! I'm at work now all night!

TDS without RE 180 but I will double check all my ppm tomorrow to make sure I'm accurate in what I'm saying!

Res temperature 68 to 70 degrees

I'm gonna run the RX the same way I run the RE as far as the room setup of course it calls for way more solution than RE! An I'm gonna run it with a open mind and hope for the best!

Last edited:
ZurichTheHunter

ZurichTheHunter

Here is mine as follows
Room temperature 75 degrees
RH 55%
PH 5.5

TDS with RE around 200 on a 500 scale but I'll double check tomorrow with a precise read! I'm at work now all night!

TDS without RE 180 but I will double check all my ppm tomorrow to make sure I'm accurate in what I'm saying!

Res temperature 68 to 70 degrees

I'm gonna run the RX the same way I run the RE as far as the room setup of course it calls for way more solution than RE! An I'm gonna run it with a open mind and hope for the best!

Very cool!

Look forward to your update.

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Very cool!

Look forward to your update.
All I want is the best products that work for me no matter what company makes them but I have spent a lot of money an time on products that didn't preform for me so after I do these last two test possible one more if this other member comes through with a free sample of a product that he said will out preform all the products mentioned in this thread then hopefully I'm done and happy farming from here on out! What rooting products are you using or have tried With success?

Top Bottom