Massive Roots! Root Booster Winner test!

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

how long do u guys use the RE? im a outdoor grower and i have been using Rapid start since they was about 3 weeks old but im not sure if i should contiune to use it now that the plants are over 4 foot tall or does it still help and i suppose i should stop after i see signs of flowering?

B

Bangarang

Anyone have any experience with Cx hydros Regen-a-root? i know it was mentioned in one post somewhere.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Have any of you noticed that the effectiveness wears off after about 2 months after opening a bottle of this stuff?

I was having GREAT results with it.....then my last two rounds of cuts have not turned out so great.

NOTE: My bottles are stored in the dark and never get hot. The ambient temps in my house rarely go over the mid 70's.

G

gonnagro

I had a clone that got hit with root rot. A opened bottle I had for over a year sure turned it around, so no I haven't experienced your problem, but, I notice less is better. Try it at half dose.

clutch419

clutch419

I took a sample pack of rx life micros and mixed it with my clonex. Looks funky but roots are way better than before. Still takes 10days but are healthy and happy. Will post pictures when my clones pop roots in a few days. Just took them.
I mixed I scoop of micros to 1 tbl of clonex

N

nightmarecreature

No problems here with the bottle going bad. I just ran out but I use my cheap Zinc Sulfate powder that works the same. The powder is a little pain, because if you inhale even the slighltest amount, youll get real sick with a fever. You can also make a liquid with it that would be safer.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Recharge byou real growers, fairly cheap definitely effective and I'd forego the super thrive go to your feed store and get a 50lb bag of alfalfa for 10 bucks brew it up and you have the same active ingredient as super thrive and it will last a looooong time. It's probably all already been mentioned but it's my .02

P

pvidian

No problems here with the bottle going bad. I just ran out but I use my cheap Zinc Sulfate powder that works the same. The powder is a little pain, because if you inhale even the slighltest amount, youll get real sick with a fever. You can also make a liquid with it that would be safer.

13802599.jpg

Is this what you use? How do you recommend on using for rockwool? I tried the RE but its getting too expensive for the results that I am getting. Any info is appreciated! Thanks

Last edited:
d0rk2dafullest

d0rk2dafullest

Tried RX Life as well. it's not bad i like it. i was able to get a few bottles from samples. it's good shit. But i honestly like to make my own solution. It's cheaper for me as i alrdy have most of it.

In a 5 gal bucket, mix

Silicate 3ml or 5ml/gal,
5ml/5gal Flora Micro. 10ml/5gal Flora bloom. (GH) or u can use dynagro foliar pro or grow. (5ml/5 gal)
1ml/gal Calmag (if not using dynagro)
1ml/gal Superthrive
5ml/gal germicidal bleach or h2o2.
(OPTIONAL 1ml/5gal floralicious+)
Ph 5.5

I usually get good results with that. Cheap cuz i alrdy have everything.
I use dip n grow as a hormone. that shit is FIRE.

maybe @TSTEW313 might wanna try this and give us some feedback?

Last edited:
d0rk2dafullest

d0rk2dafullest

i noticed i said 5ml/gal of bleach or h2o2. i meant 3ml/5gal

N

nightmarecreature

13802599.jpg

Is this what you use? How do you recommend on using for rockwool? I tried the RE but its getting too expensive for the results that I am getting. Any info is appreciated! Thanks

Yes, I like the Zinc Sulphate better for clones. The sulphate keeps bacteria and fungi away. Use the zinc sulphate at 1 teaspoon per gallon. It works just as well as the Root Enhance and it's very cheap, it's juts not as convenient.

N

nightmarecreature

I do my clones now in three stages. First I use my special rooting hormone. Second I use the Root Enhance. Third I use my special root innoculant. Here's a picture of the rooting hormone I use. This is without the Root Enhance, just my rooting hormone only. I get roots all the way at the top of my plants, just applying it at the base.

IMAG1633
Bull Trout

Bull Trout

I do my clones now in three stages. First I use my special rooting hormone. Second I use the Root Enhance. Third I use my special root innoculant. Here's a picture of the rooting hormone I use. This is without the Root Enhance, just my rooting hormone only. I get roots all the way at the top of my plants, just applying it at the base.

Thats some wild stuff... air rooting like a bromeliad. What is the "special rooting hormone", or is it your "secret rooting hormone"?

I' ve seen 2 ft branches root with hormex in vermiculite and perlite.

Dabominable

Dabominable

I've read people still having heat problems with those machines like any other aero cloner. If you do a google search for "turboklone" you will see a topic about heat buildup. Not sure if I'm allowed to link it as its a different forum.
Still on my way to read this entire thread. Liking it so far, plan on trying some RE. Anyway, interjected only to say that i have a solution for th high temps. You need to find a container that the turbo/aeroponic can fit in, then you cut a hole (yes cu a hole) in the lower part of your cloner, just a few slits aroud the base to just below where the lip meets the top part of the cloner. The you submerge it in the container it can fit in, and fill the container to the same area, just below the misters. Depending on your container size, you can see drastic drops. Granted, it costs/takes more water, but way easier then having to remember to put frozen water bottles in the thing.

Dabominable

Dabominable

Ok! So i've finished catching up. Great thread, firstly. Second, i plan on ordering some RE as soon as i can afford it, probably in the begining of January. I took some cuts today in my normal manner - Dip n grow, rapid rooter/root riot cubes. I use tap water (rain water) here. Ph is 6.0. Do 15ml/powdered soluble azos per gal, do cube soak for 10 mins. I take my cut, put it in azos water, shake it some, take my 45 cut in the water, scrape the outer layer all the way around with a clean razor blade, then split it in the middle of the bottom stem, about 3/4" up. Then i pull her out, dry her off, give her a dip and grow (at 20x dilution), then dust her with azos, and put it in the rooter.

I plan on doing a side by side with clonex+rhizopon+dip n grow (as those seem to be the only three that compete with eachother as far as dome/cube cloning goes) I am also considering doing a side by side(down the line) with mills start+r and a few other root enhancers down the line. If anyone can think of any other ones i may have overlooked, let me know.
The cuts today were taken 4:45pm PST 12/17/2015 (for the day counters, ehehe)

d0rk2dafullest

d0rk2dafullest

Is your rooting hormone the zinc sulfate? at 1tspn : gal ??
so i can just mix a gallon of it and just keep it around and pour some out to use as a rooting hormone?
how long will the gallon last if i do it this way?

N

nightmarecreature

The rooting hormone I use is called Rhizopan 0.5%. The 0.5% is not sold here in the US, I had to order it from Europe. Ive tested the 0.3% vs the 0.5%. The 0.5% wins hands down!

N

nightmarecreature

I use the Zinc Sulphate, once they start rooting. Its great for cloning because the sulfur keeps fungi and bacteria out of your cubes.

I did an experiment, I let a rockwool cube grow fungi. White mold, then I added the Zinc sulphate, waited 3 days and then added some root innoculant. The fungi died!

Dabominable

Dabominable

You have a website for the .5%? Also, do you use your zinc sulphate throughout the entire veg cycle? Seems the sulfates would be find all the way up until flush, dunno about the zinc though..Do you just water with the ZS or foliar?

N

nightmarecreature

You are gonna have to search a website, I ordered five jars of the stuff. I cant even read the label of Rhizopan, its in Dutch, I think.

I use the zinc sulphate all through veg and in flower up to the flush. I dont foliar with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom