• Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
cannaisseur

cannaisseur

I always follow the K.I.S.S. method. Makes growing so much easier​

MGRox

MGRox

You're a master grower after you've grown one plant :D The longer you grow after this, the more you realize how much is still unkown; taking you farther away from possibly ever being a "master".
(sayin' you've grown for a lot of years and your not a master is a good thing to hear)

As for the work / fun thing......yea for a few years it was fun.

Okay, so to your "Vampire stress method", very interesting; though I too wonder how much it can help. You had mentioned "resins" "coming up" that cannot heal, but these "resins" are made in the leaves right? So, I would be looking at energy being transported / loaded "away" and "down" from the bud sites and, to me, would seem detractive. I'm with the others about seeing a side by side, but also take good weight with Cap's reference to trying it.

Similarly, some people used to hang drying plants upside down with root balls intact for a similar purpose, or to increase resin. This was a bit more common in the old days I suppose.

I remember a group of guys back in the late 80's that grew a lot of outdoor around here. As per advice given to them from (at that time) a professor at a state University; they would take a rubber hose and "beat" their plants appx 2 weeks prior to harvest. Again a similar situation of attempting to increase resin via a stress response.

I do have some interest in this, but these various methods to increase late resin is a long way down on my list xD. I would most probably consider different methods of stress prior to these I suppose.

Oh yea (my first) Welcome to the farm!!

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

I've tried the stripping epidermis layer off bottom of plants before. I couldn't detect any noticeable difference in resin production. Tried side by side with several strains on several different occasions. The only thing I saw was a slightly better "fade"
and more anthocyanins expressed in certain strains.
In theory the Popsicle stick should have the same effect.

cannaisseur

cannaisseur

I've tried the stripping epidermis layer off bottom of plants before. I couldn't detect any noticeable difference in resin production. Tried side by side with several strains on several different occasions. The only thing I saw was a slightly better "fade"
and more anthocyanins expressed in certain strains.
In theory the Popsicle stick should have the same effect.
Resin production is only increased when the Xylem has been damaged. Hence stem piercing not scrapping!

cannaisseur

cannaisseur

The K.I.S.S. method to me refers simply to the feeding aspect of the growing. To many nutrients equals more confusion.

toxic1

toxic1

ive been growing indoors for 14 years and still consider my self a newb.

ive had a 4 bedroom house where i slept in the living room running 3 4k flower rooms and a veg room for almost 4 years.

IMO the minute we call a ourselves masters in any field is when there is zero learning left to do. with an ever progressing field the learning will never stop

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
ive been growing indoors for 14 years and still consider my self a newb.

ive had a 4 bedroom house where i slept in the living room running 3 4k flower rooms and a veg room for almost 4 years.

IMO the minute we call a ourselves masters in any field is when there is zero learning left to do. with an ever progressing field the learning will never stop

25 years at it and I still learn something new all the time.

H

happy b

You cannot expect people to just take your word on it when making Bold statements like "double resin production" whith out any proof or evidence with a side by side comparison with identical cuts . iv seen buds on damaged stems produce more resin than the rest of the plant but they were a good bit smaller.
and iv been growing non stop for 12 years and the more I learn ,I realise I knew even less than I thought I did . to think your a MASTER GROWER after 11 years growing is super naive and will only invite ridicule . YOU don't decide "I'm a master grower" you show your work and let others decide how good you are.

soserthc1

soserthc1

The more I learn in this field the worse I seem to grow it feels sometimes. I swear dirt from the yard , seeds from greenhouse and my closet were some of my better moments . To much info seems to clog the brain sometimes

I'm the master of my castle just don't tell my wife and kids :p

Edit , this internet thing is just for amusement as you seldom get good information from a thread . Try and read say a broad mite thread and after 96 pages of opinions your head will hurt And u still won't have a clue

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

The more I learn in this field the worse I seem to grow it feels sometimes. I swear dirt from the yard , seeds from greenhouse and my closet were some of my better moments . To much info seems to clog the brain sometimes

I'm the master of my castle just don't tell my wife and kids :p

Edit , this internet thing is just for amusement as you seldom get good information from a thread . Try and read say a broad mite thread and after 96 pages of opinions your head will hurt And u still won't have a clue
seriously.
Pareto principle
20% truth, 80% bullsit!
sifting through is a pita!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom