MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I feel real dumb right now. I checked my log and I only completed filling the grow room about 5 days ago. I had started about 9 days ago. I was thinking that it had all been drying for 8-9 days. with the fresher stuff in the dry room it takes the buds first started longer because it evens out the humidity. That`s what`s been going on. It`s not that it isn`t drying well, it is and is well on schedule. I`m getting forgetful I think. I`m still low on funds for fuel but should be able to get all the tops in and maybe some of the second run before I run out of fuel. I have to buy propane to heat the RV, Gas for the generator as well as diesel for the heaters and it is taking a lot! It helps when it is sunny and warmer in the day time and if fuel would drop in price faster. If I can make it near the beginning of January I should be able to finish this crop or nearly. There is still a lot to go yet. crossing my fingers I can get it done and dried!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Oh the humidity has dropped in the grow room to 56% and the temps are at there highest at 67 degrees. it`s dropping and drying ! Still could be better if my dehumidifier was working right.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Dry room is 66 degrees and 50% humidity this morning and doing good. I`m just itching to get the next run in!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
went to town twice today, once for propane and once for gas. got back on the second run at 6 pm and it was already 32 degrees. I had the generator and heaters primed and ready and after starting them checked on the garden to make sure it wasn`t frozen up on me. It`s fine but I`ll have to fill the generator up twice and the heaters as well to get through the night. Not going to get much sleep tonight. I really, really want to get the second run in to the dry room! Not only is this costly but a lot of work and worry.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Maybe, it`s a Honda EB 6500 gas generator, I`m using it nearly 24 hrs a day now. It is needed to run the fans on my diesel fuel forced air heaters and to dry buds during the day. I know I can`t expand the diesel fuel tanks for the heaters anyway. Just not the best set up but had to go with what I could afford at the time.

Spent the day filling the diesel jugs from the now empty 100 gal fuel transfer tank in the Silverado with a hose. Also got the water tank put back in the truck and going for a load of well water tonight for the RV. ... That`s not completely true, I also spent 2.5 hours looking for my dam coffee cup I set down somewhere and never did find it! Thinking of calling Search and Rescue if that dam thing doesn`t show up ! I got 4 of the first lines done and dried now and the rest is coming along good. Should be ready to cut and farm trim some more soon but need water and more diesel fuel. Water tonight and diesel fuel tomorrow. I`ll have to take the water tank back out of the truck before I go for the diesel fuel in the morning. Everything is going good, but slow, I just can`t wait until it`s done!!! I want this crop dried and safe as soon as possible. Trimming can wait but I don`t want to lose any of the buds as I worked a year to get them to this point!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Change of mind. My feet just hurt and are so cold, I`m not going for water tonight. I`ll just get some out of the spring tomorrow and then go for diesel fuel. I wish I could have got more done today!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Cleaned out the fresh water tank and got a load from the spring to fill it. I drink bottled water anyway. Got the Blazer loaded up for a gas run. I still have several 5 gal cans of gas but the prices are going up 10-25 cents a gallon in Cali according to GasBuddy.com. I use a lot so better to fill up now! I can`t see how that` happening with crude still going down. Seams when crude oil slips in price it takes gas a weak or more to reflect the down turn , but when it goes up gas is priced higher the next day! Supply and demand my ass!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The last of the bud I had hanging to dry is ready to come down and I can start with a fresh empty room to fill up again. I have the water tank out of the truck and ready to fetch a load of diesel fuel for the heaters. I don`t think I`ll need the heaters for a while though , accuweather shows the temps up at night for awhile. It just started to rain and I`ve got everything covered , just going to take a little break and catch some zzzz`s , not feeling all that well. Something I ate? Blood sugar is ok. Everything is all fueled up and ready to go but me.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I went to town to fetch some red diesel but they aren`t open on weekends, I got a few gallons of #2 and a few jugs of petro to hold me until Monday. I also picked up a new nozzle for my transfer tank in the truck. Now I will be able to pump the fuel out instead of using a hose in the rain and getting mouthfuls of diesel. Got the heaters going in the greenhouses as it`s cold and clear after the storm all day. Going to pull as much as I can in the dry room and head back to get some diesel later on Monday or Tuesday.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Woke up to it snowing. Had to go fill the heaters with diesel and the generator with gas. I sure hope I have enough diesel to get me through to Monday ! All I could do is carry what I could in jugs. I`ll be using extra fuel all the way around now! I have a new chainsaw and a good splitter, just need to get wood fired furnace and do some wood cutting /splitting and I could convert most of the cost of heating from petro fuels to labor. Dam the oil companies and the government and their taxes! I`d rather put the work into it all summer than put so much of my money in their greedy pockets!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
DSCN0664
DSCN0665
DSCN0666
DSCN0667
DSCN0677
DSCN0678
DSCN0680

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
It`s raining and warmed up a little. Snow is melting. My scissor hand is sore so I`m going to do my chores and go get diesel fuel today, just enough #2 to get me through until I can go get some red diesel. then take it easy. Friends are coming later today and going to pick the secnds off the top greenhouse ,maybe more and put it up to dry in their dry room. I only got a little over one line hung in my dry room so I`ll contenue with the rest of the tops from the middle greenhouse and start on the bottem Greenhouse as so as my fingers stop hurting. By the time mine dry I hope to split what`s left in both dry rooms and be done with this faze. Trimming is not as critical as getting it all in and safe. but soon as that`s done, maybe sooner, I`ll need to start some seeds to make moms from and then clone out some babies for next spring. I`m still thinking I`ll cut back by about half next spring and try for better more manageable plants. If there is more water I should still have a good yield with more time to spend per plant than trying to do all I can. I may not get as large of yield but I`m thinking maybe less is more. I should get a little more per plant with them having larger soil area and more attention. I should also be able to get them more water regardless of the supply towards the end of summer. We already have more rain and snow than all of last winter so even if the drought isn`t over, the worst of it is. My main push next spring is to get an other outfit to survey my property and get a driveway / pad in. If I can get a well and or septic all the better!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
ok Today is Monday so I can get red diesel. I`ll take the truck and get 100 gallons again. still need to do chores. took my meds and went back to sleep, been raining the whole time and very windy . Hope for a break to do chores before I go. fingers arte a little better. Hope to cut and farm trim some more after I get back.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Finally got a load of red diesel, 125 gallons. I will be working late tonight bring in the rest of the tops off the middle greenhouse or as much as I can. Then on the the last one. My friends are coming out after x-mas to glean what is left of the top greenhouse and as much of the second cut of the second greenhouse as will fit in there dry room. I`ll work something out with them and give them a cut for there help. Money is getting very tight and trying to gt as much in as possible before I run out. I`ll need to make a gas run next trip to town.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Trimming as fast as I can today. getting as much in as possible before I head out for a gas run. By then I should have enough empty cans for a full load. Looks like more snow coming with the next storm around 1 am Thursday. Predicted up to 8 inches at 2500 ft. It`s getting done, should have the tops collected on the second greenhouse soon! Then on to the last greenhouse! Not sure I`ll be able to glean the rest or not but looking for someone with a dry room to split it with. Maybe 60/40 ?, that`s if the trim it also though.

Top Bottom