markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
DSCN0692
DSCN0693
DSCN0694

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The next to last pic is one of the screened ends. Still needs to have lathing put on as the screen is just tacted up with staples. the last plant is the Bubba`s Crack. It will replace one that fell over and broke below the soil. I could have saved the plant if if I`d known it was broken. I`m hoping the replacement is a female but it`s still not showing.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I only planted one plant per 4` x 8 ` planter this year. I think it will still be a jungle before it`s over though. They are getting bigger ,faster this year. less is more! Also a little less work.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Using nearly the same amount of water and ferts. They seem more bushy this year but have more room between the plants. hoping to have a better yield per plant to make up the difference from having half the plants as I don`t have them packed so close.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I should have less waste with the screens. Moths can`t lay eggs that become caterpillars , no leaf eaters can get in and I`m going to use ladybugs for any mites. Less neem spraying anyway. I`m hopeful the screens will cut down the strong winds in early Fall so less broken branches also. It will keep a lot of the filth out that gets on sticky flowers making for better flavorful flowers like you get growing indoor. Having open sides and ends until Fall just isn`t good all the way around. I`ll still roll down the plastic and put it over the screens in mid Fall to protect from frost damage. But until it cools down it`s open but has some protection from the screens. Hope it keeps animals out also. those that don`t eat leaves still shed hair and kick up dust. One dam raccoon could wipe a grow out!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I also have to spray the plastic down about once a week or more as it stops any dust from settling on the plants but it also builds up and cuts sunlight down. Not perfect but a cost effective improvement over open ends and sides.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The seed hoe won out in me. Bought about 12 pks of seeds from the farm yesterday. Not like I need them but couldn`t resist the buy 2 get 1 free sale any longer. Dropped about a grand on them. Hell was cleaning out the fridge and found a pack of old rascal`s the white and a couple other packs behind a mustard bottle that escaped me for who knows how long this morning! I have way to many packs of seeds floating around Need to get on my property and get set up for growing. If measure J passes I can grow up to an acre of medical all legal and how many clones can one make on an acre of land? I could do very well making seeds and clones .

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Found a oz or two of hash also. Just didn't want to mess with anyone's head. I must have a pound of hash laying around in the couch and some is likely behind the TV.

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Do You need a room mate ?
Hahahahaha just kidding, I wish, but I'm married with young kids...
I wish though , for real

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Hey I remember having young kids at home. Now I`m free and when my grandkids soil themselves I can hand them back to Mom or Dad to deal with it, LOL! I had my share of raising my kids, nephews and nieces as well as hundreds of foster children over the years. Even adopted one kid. It always seemed like all the kids in town at my house ether in the pool or playing video games and most of the time. Very hectic in town. I raise other young ladies these days ;-) and they can be demanding of your time also.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Up late last night and up late this morning. I`m going to do my chores and water heavy this morning before heading back to town. Had my Dr. appointment yesterday and everything under the hood looks good. I weigh the same as the last visit and my blood work came out nearly the same as well. Next visit is in 6 months. Going to take off the water tank out of the truck and fill it with gas and propane tanks and my trash. I`ll buy siding and lathing for the office trailer and the greenhouses on my way back up the hill. In the morning my daughter and son-n-law are coming up to work on the office trailer. Re-coat the ruff and re- side it so it`s water tight to trim and dry in.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
OK now my nephew is wanting work. His GF had a fracture and has been out of work for three weeks and he`s down to only two days a week at his work, He`s a bee man. Anyway He needs the work and I need the work done, let`s see how he works out. Hope long enough to get all caught up and have time to start work on the property. I hate getting any more stuff I`ll have to move or getting any more set up here only to be moving, but I also need things done. I won`t be moving anytime soon, but I will at some point and it`s going to be a lot of work!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Haven`t heard back from my nephew but My daughter and son-in - law worked all weekend. They did a super job on cleaning out both the old travel trailer and office trailer , got the roof on the office trailer coated and pulled all the trim off the office trailer. They also had to run to town for a roller and pan before they could coat the roof. I couldn`t find mine. Oh they also unloaded all the siding and lumber from the truck. I on the other hand had it easy. BBQed some burgers , watered and sprayed the garden with need oil. I also put the water tank back in the truck ready to fetch water and put on the handles and bolt locks on the greenhouse. I will work on the lathing this week while I don`t have to share tools. It`s also starting to cool back down after a heat spell. Plants seem to love it as long as they have lots of water.

Top Bottom