MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Lots of variety out there now but way many Kush and Kush crosses. Not many of the old skool genetics going around.It would be nice to see some comebacks of some of the sativa strains of yesterday. .

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m thinking of working on some larger sativa strains with selective flowering. Breeding out larger sativa that flower at a peek age instead of light sensitive flower onset,(.some what like auto flowering). I think it can be done.

R

ReCway

The question is what will be the market in genetics when all counties have plant count limits. Should I breed seeds strains for higher yielding 20+ ft. trees that have less value per unit or lower yielding strains with more value per unit? What is going to be in demand in the Cali market? Maybe some of both?

IMO mark there will be a market for both. Long as its grown proper and done propper cure. Some people drink Natural Light and Some drink Sam Adams Seasonal.. Alot of peeps smoke on a budget....

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

mark, cali wants kush and cookies bro. you will not lose with those 2

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

bring back the skunks, not the sweet ones as well as anything thai or sativas. People are getting more into meds and connoisseurs will get more into sativas as things progress. Also that jeffersons porch sounds interesting and historical.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Kush`s will be in my stable for a long time to come., I want to work some more on my Black and Blue as well (blackberry x Danbury Blue. But I really want to work on some older sativa strains as well. Not a fan of skunk myself, but may work on an improvement with some older road kill strains if I get a gas mask! LOL!

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

sounds great mark. Ive been tracking some older strains down myself. Good luck with progress

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`ve kept the base strains for many other strains for years and years. Soon as I`m set up well enough on my property I`ll be doing a bunch of breeding projects that have been on hold for many years. I was just set up on my house to start some of the smaller projects when the world went nuts and I began the slow decline towards forecloser. It`s been a struggle every sense just to keep seed stock fresh..

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I`ve kept the base strains for many other strains for years and years. Soon as I`m set up well enough on my property I`ll be doing a bunch of breeding projects that have been on hold for many years. I was just set up on my house to start some of the smaller projects when the world went nuts and I began the slow decline towards forecloser. It`s been a struggle every sense just to keep seed stock fresh..
That would be an under looked problem for the future never thought of that. Especially for viability Well you need a tester or stock holder im always ears.

What are your thoughts on projects and strains?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
My biggest concern is to get set up on my property to do it right. I`ll be watching the trends in Cali, as well as the rest of the world.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Im pretty sure you could create trends or even bring your retro flavors back. Thatd be just smart. I dug the crosses you talked of a while back. Old and new meshes would be a hit i would think

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Oh shit looks like the land I`ve been squat`n on while trying to open up my property may be listed for sale! It`s a larger property and no way I`d be able to come up with the cash to buy ..It is on my deed as right away to my place so the road is secure anyway. May put the breaks on this season`s grow if it is the property that`s listed. I just talked to a guy that had a map of property.he was looking at and it looks like this place. He said if it is this property he`d help me out and has equipment to do the job If he buys.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Think I`ll be going to county records soon to make sure this property isn`t listed, find out the price and time last sold and if property taxes are paid up. I can also get the addy of the owner who I haven`t talked to in some time to check if it`s listed or not. He may not know I`m still on the land as I haven`t talked to him for a long time. He gave me permission to stay here while getting my property opened up.Hell can`t find his phone number anywhere!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got almost a foot of snow. Went and got some lumber for the beds and the dry shed but it`s under snow for awhile now. Just as well cause I`ve been sick for the last 5 days anyway. Woke up with a stiff neck one morning and a head ache. Now my most of my right side is stiff and numb. Getting better slowly. It`s the A.S. attacking my neck and spine again. Had to increase my medication. Added a few poppies to my tea during the onset ,that helped as well. I really want to be ready for the next season.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Oh I got a better look at the maps and talked to a few people and the land isn`t up for sale but there are a number of plots around me that are. Way to many people around here already, wish I was down on my property already!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Time for some eye candy?
DSCN0204

Top Bottom