MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I got the 1000 gal tank nearly full today. I could fit another 150gal run but what I have should last me for now. I`m back to gleaning tomorrow and then on to trimming in a few days. Tonight I`ll do some more house cleaning and may watch some TV. It`s cool outside in the day time and froze last night. I can`t seem to get warm even with the heat on. Must be the circulation. I just have to work hard and get caught up. Seems all there is around here is work everywhere I look! God help me! Oh and payday came early but don`t even have time to check the mail. Maybe I`ll get away again on Monday ,re-supply and pay some bills.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Same story snow is gone for now, rain melted it. Looks like rain through Sunday and a short break on Monday. We need the rain but I could use a few days in between storms to get things done. Nothing I can do about it but it would be nice. Just staying warm and dry getting lots of napes in and watching some dvds .

urbanfog

urbanfog

Just an off the wall question, but one I am working on smaller scale. Do you collect your rain water so you dont have to go fill? I am working on a collection system to help save h2o bills and wondered if you did this on a larger scale. Stay warm and dry buddy :)

UF

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
No not really. I get to many pine needles and stuff in it. Rain water is a perfect ph for growing though.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Been getting steady rain but no snow at this elevation. This is good. water for the streams and lake now and snow in the higher elevations for later in the year. We just need lots more of it!

urbanfog

urbanfog

yep, been pouring here in the valley all night, and all morning :) Saw where Sac was predicting 3.25-4" water by Monday night. Now hopefully we dont have any mudslide issues :(

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
We got a lot of rain but it stopped for now. I think I`m going to be looking for an other RV as this one is falling apart. Front door has the bottom falling out and won`t close tight or lock. Fridge is out and now it has sprung a leak with water building up in a wall. Going to see if I can patch the leak or cover it with plastic before the next rains. I`m do for a better RV.been looking for an artic or 4 season with some pop outs for more room. Now If I can get through the winter in this one I`d go through summer and just work on the pad and road first. I`d rather pull a newer one down on the property after the infrastructure is complete. Be kind of hard to make a cement pad with a cover for an RV you don`t have yet and make it fit right. I could end up with a support pole where a pop out needs room to open or something. Was thinking of maybe a park model trailer anyway. Then If I have the $ I might just have a small cabin built. A 1br,1 bath with a loft would be large enough for me and company could sleep in the loft or even outside on the deck in summer.http://www.conestogalogcabins.com/pages/products/20x27/20x27.html#plan

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Yep a single level would be easier, but my company can clean up after themselves also. I like the vaulted sealing's but they can be hard to clean or dust as well. It would need a small wood stove for heat and I am thinking the kitchen cabinets are to cheep. I`d have to replace them and put in better tops. I`d also need it wired for 12 volt lights and 12 volt plugs put in along with the 120v plugs. It would save power on the solar batteries and maybe gas on the backup generator.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I may have to put down one of my dogs! Lowky was given to me by one of my daughters when she couldn`t have him in a new apartment. He was a pup. I already had Bruit. Lowky keeps getting off his chain and attacking Bruit. Yesterday this happened again and I ended up off my feet and under them as they fought. I was bitten several times as was a friend who came by just in time and pulled Lowky away. Lowky is just to big and strong and brakes his chain. I can`t handle him anymore with my health. Both dogs were tore up pretty good but I think they will recover. It`s sad because I`ve grown to like Lowky and have tried to given him a home. I`ve also tried to give him away but no takers. It`s just to dangerous to let it keep happening! I could get an infection or worse from their battles. With type 2 diabetes this could become life threating for me. There is also the danger of someone else getting hurt. I can no longer afford to procrastinate.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Damn sorry to hear that MC. if there's ANY way to ship him to Az, I'd proudly love and care for him. Pm me if anything.
Respect!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`d take him to a shelter or ship him if I could. Truth is I`m broke. Got just enough $ left to get to town once for payday. Can`t even afford a new collar and chain right now. Oh I`m supplied up so not out of supplies or anything just can`t do much about my problem dog. Also he has wounds that should receive attention as does Bruit. I`ve treated them best as possible. He broke the swivel on his chain and his collar so now he keeps getting his chain twisted and I`m out undoing it every few hours. It`s been raining so I haven`t been able to trim much or make any moneys. My hands are just to stiff to do any trimming with all the cold. I`ve been sick and am getting kind of down about my situation. I need to get back up on the roof and do more patching before the next rains get here. Woke up to a very cold RV and had to switch out the gas tanks again. I just couldn`t get up in the middle of the night so waited until it got light outside. RV is heating up now and I`m having my morning coffee just now. I had a few things in the works for some scratch but non have come through as yet. This is really getting me down. I don`t want to tell my daughter I had to put the dog down. But I also can`t afford a big vet bill or to get or let anyone get hurt if they get into it again.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

man, i feel for you . sometimes the decisions we have to make for the better of all are hard ones.
hang in there man things will get better !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I got up and sealed the roof on the RV today. Hope I got it good enough. I`ll go back over it when I get more cocking. Stuff I had was thick form being old. Hard to work with. Were do more rain so it needed to get done. I`m going to work on trimming soon now. Needs to get done. If I can get some cash flow I`ll start some seeds going for moms. Like to have already started them. I`ve got onions popping up in the garden already! If I had a cold box I`d just grow em up in the mountains. But they grow to slow in the cold and snow.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Looks like the roof is holding. I`ve been trimming some and plan on stepping up my game. Can`t get rid of what you don`t have ready when the opportunity arises. I`m still thinking the bulk will have to wait awhile until prices go up later in the year. At the same time I need some cash flow to be able to work on the next crop ahead of time. Also need to replace some of those PVC pipe loops and get more plastic.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
My back hurts and my hands are stiff and sore! I`m not sure just how fast I`ll be at trimming. I forget just how much work it is!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Went to town and spent the night. Got a good soak in the tub, laundry done, and supplies in. I also picked up some of the seeds I want to make mothers from. Blueberry Kush, Pineapple, ECSD, Toxic Lemon, Master Kush, AK-47, Mendo Madness, Pre- Soviet Kandahar, Querkle, Cherry Kush, Caughdrop Kush, Chemdog DD x LA Con, Chemdog 91 x ToK, OGK x (Hog x Bubblegum),ECSD x Bubba Kush, Bubba x Star Kush, Pre-98 Bubba Kush, and SFV OGK. I want to also grow some 83 Road Kill Skunk and my son wants to grow SD x Lowryder and maybe some Purple D. I may add or delete some strains as I go along. Well back to trimming tomorrow. Oh found some great stuff I forgot I had while looking in some of my seed stash. It is always a bunch of fun going through the piles of strains and dreaming about future grows. This next year I plan on doing only 6 main strains in the beds and will do a few other strains here and there in tubs. I will have some extra clones of most the stuff on the list so if your in the nearby at that time I`ll be giving a holler to fellow farmers. Also does anyone have any intrest in suge nites OG Bx1 , or his OG Bx1 x Romberry ? I may add those to the list to make mothers and clones from. I can`t remember if it was Romberry or something like that.

Top Bottom