MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
urban I might take you up on that!

Had a ruff night last night. It was windy as hell and my right foot itched all night. It was numb so it did no good to scratch it! This morning it is not as numb though. Left foot is still numb. I think I have my blood sugar under better control but I couldn`t check it last night as it was to hard to see the directions on the accu-check meter. I`ll check it this morning.

I got the greatest call this morning from my daughter!!!! she went in to the doctor for the first check up after her second cancer surgery and they couldn`t find anything!!! apparently the surgery went so well that after testing her most of the night they said she is in remission and are taking her off chemo!!!!!!! I haven`t cried so much sense I had to tell my kids there mother passed away. If nothing else happens this is turning out to be one of the best days of my life !

urbanfog

urbanfog

urban I might take you up on that!

Had a ruff night last night. It was windy as hell and my right foot itched all night. It was numb so it did no good to scratch it! This morning it is not as numb though. Left foot is still numb. I think I have my blood sugar under better control but I couldn`t check it last night as it was to hard to see the directions on the accu-check meter. I`ll check it this morning.

I got the greatest call this morning from my daughter!!!! she went in to the doctor for the first check up after her second cancer surgery and they couldn`t find anything!!! apparently the surgery went so well that after testing her most of the night they said she is in remission and are taking her off chemo!!!!!!! I haven`t cried so much sense I had to tell my kids there mother passed away. If nothing else happens this is turning out to be one of the best days of my life !

FUCKING AWESOME! Thats great to hear Mark, send our best to your daughter :D And just hollar if need by, I can plan a "trip"

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Urbanfog your about 4 hours drive from me but camp is crappy in the Winter ,come Spring on a nice worm day with an Ice chest and a sleeping bag and we`ll have a campfire smoke out!

urbanfog

urbanfog

Urbanfog your about 4 hours drive from me but camp is crappy in the Winter ,come Spring on a nice worm day with an Ice chest and a sleeping bag and we`ll have a campfire smoke out!

no worries, as long as I can "gimp" on my right side I am all good ;) And I believe we are only about 1.5 - 2 hrs apart, although definitely more rural driving :D . Sounds like lots of good karma going on for you, always nice.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Yep your about right as far as distance but you have to remember all the curves and the slow going over 4x4 roads.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
OK update my Grandson seems to have a few behavior problems and because his brother is autistic and his dad has ADHD (Big Time) they tested him. He turns out to be normal except he has an exceptionally high IQ. This is a trait I take with a grain of salt because My father ,myself, and my son have also scored high on IQ tests. But it`s better that his is very high that the other way around.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Yesterday I raked up some of the pine needles into piles for fire protection. I also cut and split some pine logs up so I can have a camp fire again if I want to. Today I`ll clean up the RV and work on the pine needles some more and maybe a little more fire wood. Next will be fetching some water from the creek to fill my 1000 gal tank. I`m only able to work in short bursts before having to sit down to ease the pain in my right foot and leg . This is a good test to see if I`ll be able to survive the harsh environment of the mountains with my health problems and a chance to see what`s up down at the creek. I`m looking forward to getting all the gleaning done and making hash, but before making hash I need to get back to trimming my buds. I`ve put off so much work trying to mend up and I hate being so behind.

I`ve been told supplies are starting to get low for buds up here already and the prices are starting to clime . Seems a lot earlier this year than last year. I`m thinking with prices doubled in CO after they legalized and there is less they are exporting to other states . This is drawing down Cali supplies earlier. I`m sure as CO catches up there prices will drop and things will reverse in the market place. I`m not sure what will happen price wise if Cali legalizes in the 2014 elections but I`d expect price swings to start until we stabilize supplies as well. One thing for sure the prices of pick and shovel supply's will not drop. Neither will demand.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Had to take the day off yesterday and take a trip into town. Ended up staying over night and got back late today. Got cloudy weather but no rain so far. If it doesn`t rain I`ll be getting back to the chores I was fixing to do as above. If it rains I`ll do some house keeping and get some extra rest tomorrow. If there is a break I might go get a load of water. We could use some rain about now but if not I`ll just get some work done as I can.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Yep we been giving all our weather to the mid west, northwest. and upper southern states this season. About time we got some of it back. I`m not worried about any environmental regulations that may or may not go into effect in Cali as much as the overall drought conditions. Springs and wells can dry up and do some times and I`m in a forest that might as well be made of matches if there is a fire as dry as it`s been!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
accuceck is working fine ! easy to use and it`s helping me keep on track. Thank you so much brother!

M

mcpuffin

Yep we been giving all our weather to the mid west, northwest. and upper southern states this season. About time we got some of it back. I`m not worried about any environmental regulations that may or may not go into effect in Cali as much as the overall drought conditions. Springs and wells can dry up and do some times and I`m in a forest that might as well be made of matches if there is a fire as dry as it`s been!
Waterbags...

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Didn`t accomplish much today, it rained last night and this morning before tapering off. I did my regular chores and got the water tank and pump secured in the truck after cleaning out the bed of pine needles. It`s all ready to fetch water now. That was about all I could get done and it exhausted me! I think the cold damp air had a part in it. Don`t think getting water will be that hard but we will see. I should get the chainsaw ready and take it with me as I haven`t been down to the creek in a while. May have a fallen branch or tree to contend with. I`m thinking I may leave the water tank in the truck as it`s a pain in the ass to put it in and take it out. Good thing is I`m not in a rush to fill the water tank with no thirsty plants in the ground. Once filled it should last me until Spring.

Top Bottom