MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ftwendy

ftwendy

Jeez MC - you have some heavy hitters in the stable. I'm amazed more people aren't in here rooting you on. Maybe think about starting a new journal in the photography section when you start these beans. Just a thought

Anyhow... its good to read that you had a chance to relax a bit in civilization, get feeling human again. Gotta take care of yourself man...

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m picking out mostly Indica and Indica dominant strains because of the annual rains start early in the mountains. I`m also cutting down my selections because of my health. Once set up I want to run more strains that are Sativa dominant crosses and maybe some pure Sativa strains. With a good controlled year round artic greenhouse this should be possible.

I really need to take some time to learn how to take better pictures before I start a photo journal in the photography section, I`m afraid I`d just be an embarrassment if I did that now.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Gotta start somewhere man... and keep in mind that it's the lady in front of the lens that matters more than the guy snapping pics. ;)

Shoot, all basic cameras nowadays have a really flexible auto setting that will do most of the work for you... like a Nikon coolpix: less than $90 and it shoots great.

Notice how much emphasis computer and phone manufacturers put on display quality, and pixels, blah, blah? That's because everybody loves eye candy. Put it out there, and we will gobble it up MC

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m using a Nikon Coolpix L22 with 12.0 megapixels and 3.6x zoom, mostly on auto. My son showed me how to use my computer to enhance a little but what I need is to learn to do micro pictures. I have a tripod to use and need a remote trigger and some know how. I`m not even sure the camera`s abilities but I know I don`t have many when it comes to new gadgets. Could also use to learn about lighting. Hell if you could just see what I see with my eyes in the pictures you`d be amazed, but how do I make that happen? I`m old school and these gadgets are great for people who grew up digital and with computer skills, but where I have a green thumb growing, I`m all thumbs when it comes to tech stuff. I need hands on training because I`ve never read an instruction book in my life and been able to understand it.

ftwendy

ftwendy

That's a great little camera Mark. There is a timer function that will delay the shot for a few seconds after you press the button (usually 2 and 10 second delays). Ask your son to show you how to use that and you will get better mileage out of the tripod... no need for a trigger cable.

Light? Use the sunshine man.... nothing shows off the trichomes like the big yellow lady in the sky! Just grab a handful of buds and lay them out on something with a flat sheen, and you'll be shooting like an old pro.

FiveAM

FiveAM

keep the light shining on your back and you'll get the pic you want im sure

@markscastle , think about it, you are legaly doing what you've wanted to do all your life and people on these forums would love to see it, i can't speak for them, but I know i would love to see it all again.

hell, it took me like 3 days to read this thread, you bet i would look at what you post

I'll tell you this, that 83 RKS would sell like hot cakes, I know I would buy some ;)

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m having problems with doing that strain. My son thinks it would invite rippers to the garden as it could be smelled for several miles. I`m planning on running seeds soon and picking out females to use for clones and most likely will have a bunch of extra that I plan on selling to fund my grow with. These plants reek as small clones and it would be hard to do this strain right now even indoors. Even with the best indoor set up they reek and it really turns your stomic ! I may have to wait on that strain until I have the proper set up at my remote mountain farm.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
That's a great little camera Mark. There is a timer function that will delay the shot for a few seconds after you press the button (usually 2 and 10 second delays). Ask your son to show you how to use that and you will get better mileage out of the tripod... no need for a trigger cable.

Light? Use the sunshine man.... nothing shows off the trichomes like the big yellow lady in the sky! Just grab a handful of buds and lay them out on something with a flat sheen, and you'll be shooting like an old pro.

He did tell me the best sun is in the morning, figures because I`m not much of a morning person, I got chores to do and that`s when I`m doing watering and working on the plants in the early hours when it`s hot. I don`t think he knows much more about my camera than I do as he has a different brand and model he uses.

ftwendy

ftwendy

You can shoot in the evening, too. Give it a try - flowers look great in the golden light.

The timer function is activated on that Nikon by pressing the left side of the large button on the rear of the camera (the one that has OK in the center). Turn on the camera, press the left side of that button on the back of the camera and a menu will appear "On and Off", select "On" by pressing the "OK" button. It will now be set to take pcitures 10 seconds after you press the shutter on the top of the camera. If you're already on the tripod, you're ready to take a hands free photo... just press the shutter button like normal, and wait 10 seconds and it will shoot automatically. Ask your son and he will probably be able to help you if he has a digital camera of his own.... they're almost all the same.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I know it has some close up functions, maybe not micro, how do they work? That`s where I`d need the time delay anyway. The zoom works but it isn`t that clear unless you back the camera off and that defeats the purpose of a close up picture. I`m thinking you need to use the settings to keep the lens open longer or something?

ftwendy

ftwendy

The same button you use to turn on the self timer has the macro function on it too. Instead of pressing to the left to turn on the timer, you press to the right. There's a little flower, that's the macro symbol. Press the button to the right, it will ask if you want to turn on the macro then press OK (I think, or it may just do it without pressing ok). If you're on the tripod and have the self timer on, then you will be ready to shoot some fancy close ups with the macro setting.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Nice! I'm all smiles over here Mark... have fun playing and ask away if anything else comes up

You owe me nothing man. The camera tips are a repayment for the history lesson you helped me with earlier this week. Thanks again

Last edited:
FiveAM

FiveAM

I`m having problems with doing that strain. My son thinks it would invite rippers to the garden as it could be smelled for several miles. I`m planning on running seeds soon and picking out females to use for clones and most likely will have a bunch of extra that I plan on selling to fund my grow with. These plants reek as small clones and it would be hard to do this strain right now even indoors. Even with the best indoor set up they reek and it really turns your stomic ! I may have to wait on that strain until I have the proper set up at my remote mountain farm.

ive never ran something outside that strong before. so i could see how that was a problem.

either way, the offer still stands, release RKS crosses on the farm and ill be the first in line

good vibes on whatever you decide to go with, ill take a peek at those too

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Oh crap my feet hurt so much yesterday I could hardly get around. My blood sugar jumped up to 159 after I ate some blueberry yogurt for breakfast. I`ve ate it before for breakfast and it didn`t do this before. It has a small amout of sugar in it but is overall low in calories, Yogurt is one of the foods that are thought to help prevent diabetes so I was trying to include it in my diet. I`m a little better this morning. I did manage to get a small amount of trimming done yesterday. should be sunny and warm the next 4 days or so. I`m going to try to get some outside work done today and do trimming in the evening. Got to get some sun.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I feel better this morning. Little afraid to eat breakfast. Last night was brutal. I took some Melatonin and it not only helped me sleep but also helped with the nerve pain. My blood sugar went up to 189 before dropping. I got to do better. I can`t get anything done this way. I may have to rethink things. If I can`t do better than this should I even try to improve my property and make a go of it or move back down to the valley? Maybe I should just go on insulin. I just don`t know how this is going to pan out yet. Getting a little down. I will have options and need to decide in the next few months. I know I can`t take much more of this nerve pane.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Been trying to get ahold of some moonshine to make Phoenix tears with but haven`t had much luck. I could use some powerful extracts of some sort to try and get a handle on this. I make only pressed hash and while it quite good I think maybe some well made oils would be better.

Top Bottom