MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Mark castle this sounds like fun. Was up in the emerald triangle a few weeks ago and my girl and i were just amazed with the beauty. Can't wait to see pics. Man, we must of walked down a trail for hours until we started hearing unidentified breaking branches. I mean a 6" blade can only do so much against a gorgeous killing machine like a bear or puma. Once again, can't wait for pics.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I just got back but going up again in the morning early with a load of clones. I took a few pictures of the road I`m working on. Still have to download them.Also got one of the generator i got. Man I need a shower bad and have cuts and bruses everywhere.Bruit is spending the night on the property with my crew. Pictures to follow.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
We got onto the property and ran into a ~Y~ in the road. The lower end goes to the spring. Haven`t made it in that far on the road but could hear ducks and running water. The upper road just goes for a ways and seems to stop. Will be putting the 1st camp in as far as we have in on the lower road and the water tank on the upper road. I need to get planting so we`ll work our way into the spring later this summer and I`ll fetch water with the truck from a stream for now.

My cell phone is screwed up(again) so will be getting yet an other one tomarrow then loading up as many clones as my 4x4 truck can carry this trip.:harvest:

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
You can see how much brush is growing over the road . It`s very slow going and lots of work to clear. It`s also going to be tuff to clear open spots in the trees and brush to plant. The road it`s self isn`t that bad of shape and there are fewer downed trees than the road in we were working on the first few weeks before being shown this way in. There seems to be a number of ways into the property,all over grown.The proprerty is almost the whole south side of the mountain including a spring/swamp,and small stream that runs into the creek below the property.Some of it isn`t all that steep but it is covered in pine,cedar,oak and madrone trees and lots of brush on the sunny side of the mountain.It`s loaded with wildlife! I`ve seen 20 deer on the property so far and bear and mountian lyon tracks. Near the spring were beavor signs on some smaller trees. Found a den of king snakes and a racoon and many rabbits so far. I haven`t seen any bear but while gone down the hill my crew had one in camp eat up some of the food and make a mess of things. This is going to be a super place to hunt and fish !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Just got a written notis to move out from the farm and the road still needs worked on.Oh well gess I`ll just move in as close as I can with the trailor on FS land until the road work is done and move on from there. I can get in with my truck so everything I don`t need right with me can go on the property.I`ll also be out of the hot valley thank God! I thought about doing this already but kept thinking the road will be done soon. Hell I`m ready to go anyway.I`ve been paying $150 a month for just power and the supply is so bad I can`t run my microwave or air. Not even getting 20 amps out here!

joeca1i

joeca1i

Did you checkout your spot on g.maps or g.earth?Alot easier to find out whats around you.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Yep, But not much shows up under the trees,not even the roads. I`m going by those maps and two different locals.One owns the land next to me.Everything points to the same direction to the spring but no one tells me how far in it is. Ask a local and they say just a little ways in or something. Dam how many feet is that? I`ve tryed to get in on foot but you just need to cut the brush anyway. I know I`m on my property and I`m sure there is a spring but I need to get moved and get things planted so going to set up camp and truck the water in for now.I`ll try again when I am all moved in and things are planted. No hurry anyway as the camp spot will work and there is water not that far away. I have tanks,lines, and a trash pump.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Just got done trucking up a load of clones and brought someone back to help me with the moving.I have a place to store most of my stuff and the rest will go up the hill with me.I should be out of the farm and up the hill in a few days.I`ll be working on the water supply and then truck soil in for the grow whil I`m waiting for the road work to get done.We`ve cleared in almost as far as we need for now and my partner has the equipment and operator set up but he has a few more days of time to serve before he will be availible. If that doesn`t happen I`m going to rent some equipment and do the road myself. I`d rather pay someone who needs the money and has the equipment than rent it and have to pay more to do the work myself but I can`t wait forever.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I gonna follow along on this adventure of yours bro>>I wish ya the best of luck:icon_cookie:<<>>Dont forget to take a break:passingjoint:

gtd

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Once the camp is set up,the road fixed,and the planting is done there will be plenty of break time...until harvast anyway.Now is the time to hussle! Really though I have helpers. I`m old really and sometimes to sick to be worth a days labour. But I do what I can. ;-) I`m also going to do some old school out door breeding cause I still get alot of requests for seeds. I have nearly 50 years of expirience collecting and breeding seeds and need to be able to reproduce the genetics for future generations use. I`m hoping this will give me the resources and ability to finally do that.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I just bought a HUSQVARNA 460 Rancher and thought of you:icon_cookie:>>>I am itching to use it:)
:harvest::harvest:

gtd

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I have a Husky 50 and a Husky 350. They are great saws.

Wish I did have some wild hogs but I`m at to high up in the mountains I gess.There are lots of other wild life though and not to far to go fishing.

Put about 30k worth of indoor equipment at a friends house in his grow room all stacked up. He`s my partner in crime in the mountians and won`t be using the grow room for awhile.I took a load of outdoor growing equipment up the hill. Should be moved in a few days.I went to a BBQ of local growers and had a good time.So it wasn`t all work today, but it was productive.I think got maybe 3-4 more loads, including one more of 4-6 ft clones.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
sounds like your having fun with it and fitting in with the locals

great thread

peace

F

FatFreddysKat

If you have time to bbq then your not working hard enough.....the spoils go to those who put the most effort into their work.......just kidding , it is healthy to take a breather and enjoy life!!!Your hard work will be well worth it MC!!!
Nothing like starting out fresh, I too will be working my plot of land, but I have this season and all winter to prep for 2012!!!

Aligee

Aligee

Keep up the hard work MC im watching your progress for sure good luck bruh !!!Ali..G.

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
always been a fan of yours mark since pp cant wait to see pics when you have it going good luck to ya

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds Awesome

I wish you all the best with everything your doing. It sounds like an incredible adventure just exploring your new property. Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh My, sounds like you need to be packing a handgun just walking around. I am a hunter myself so your surroundings sound perfect to me, sounds like you could live off of the land with a nice garden and some water purification. Hope you have a great summer, I'll be watching through my computer

mal

E

E.T.

hey mc, what happened with the grow you found on your property.....?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
It turned out to be my parner`s clones he brought up. A local came across them and told my partner about them and made it sound like they were in a different area.When he brought them to him he realized they were his. He had a number of them stuck under the bushes in gallon grow bags ready to plant.

One more load up the hill today and then the trailor.Should be all moved up soon.Got a do-a-ble quote on the road.He has 4 other jobs going on so maybe the end of the week he will be able to start. I`ll have to dry camp a few days and park the trailor to the side until then.It`s going to be a hot one today! maybe 98 degree`s ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom