Mean Greens 3rd Attempt At First Grow Lol

• Thread starter MeanGreen420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

ok guys and girls my first two attempts ended with stuff coming up in life and I had to abort plants so I finally have almost gotten through with this plant, knock on wood.

I done 50 day veg from seed and I’m at 23 days into flower.

I’m using an hlg 600h kit in dwc with a 12 gallon hdx tote that plants in and another identical tote for top off.

Rx green nutrients line, botanicare hydroguard and cal mag.

I did stress this plant with to much pruning during flowering I think anyway on top of I had a light leak, this gave me hermaphrodite boy balls and nanners. So I been picking off any I see. Yeah definitely gonna not make this same mistake or try not to next time.

Also wouldn’t recommend letting temperature drop 20 during lights off, seems to lock out nutrients like phosphorus and make growth slow to a creep, and plants barely eats until it warms up.

Plant was 11 inches before flip and really compact and now it’s at 26 inches so far, this strain is green crack indica from ilgm, the Scrog net I have used incorrectly and is pretty much only there for support, maybe I’ll do that right next time. Only thing I done with it is tie some outer branches over slightly.

I haven’t took pics in a couple days but I’m gonna up load all that I have from this grow that’s on my phone. Last pic was 4 days ago.

Mean greens 3rd attempt at first grow lol
Mean greens 3rd attempt at first grow lol 2
Mean greens 3rd attempt at first grow lol 3
Mean greens 3rd attempt at first grow lol 4
Mean greens 3rd attempt at first grow lol 5
Mean greens 3rd attempt at first grow lol 6
Mean greens 3rd attempt at first grow lol 7
Mean greens 3rd attempt at first grow lol 8
Mean greens 3rd attempt at first grow lol 9
Mean greens 3rd attempt at first grow lol 10
Mean greens 3rd attempt at first grow lol 11
Mean greens 3rd attempt at first grow lol 12
Mean greens 3rd attempt at first grow lol 13
Mean greens 3rd attempt at first grow lol 14
Mean greens 3rd attempt at first grow lol 15
Mean greens 3rd attempt at first grow lol 16
Mean greens 3rd attempt at first grow lol 17
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Very nice bro! Just keep an eye on her and pick off naners as they pop up. With just one plants I think you’re ok staying the course and seeing it through. Your main focus this round is getting her to finish (that’s what she said). Anyhow kudos and good luck!

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Very nice bro! Just keep an eye on her and pick off naners as they pop up. With just one plants I think you’re ok staying the course and seeing it through. Your main focus this round is getting her to finish (that’s what she said). Anyhow kudos and good luck!
Thanks a lot man I got Giesel Cookies mom growing so hopefully have clones ready when done. Gonna upgrade to larger tote and run three with shorter veg.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks a lot man I got Giesel Cookies mom growing so hopefully have clones ready when done. Gonna upgrade to larger tote and run three with shorter veg.

Very nice. That strain is very interesting. Do you have a grow diary setup yet? If so let me know and I’ll check it out. Can’t wait to see how they turn out :-)

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
ok guys and girls my first two attempts ended with stuff coming up in life and I had to abort plants so I finally have almost gotten through with this plant, knock on wood.

I done 50 day veg from seed and I’m at 23 days into flower.

I’m using an hlg 600h kit in dwc with a 12 gallon hdx tote that plants in and another identical tote for top off.

Rx green nutrients line, botanicare hydroguard and cal mag.

I did stress this plant with to much pruning during flowering I think anyway on top of I had a light leak, this gave me hermaphrodite boy balls and nanners. So I been picking off any I see. Yeah definitely gonna not make this same mistake or try not to next time.

Also wouldn’t recommend letting temperature drop 20 during lights off, seems to lock out nutrients like phosphorus and make growth slow to a creep, and plants barely eats until it warms up.

Plant was 11 inches before flip and really compact and now it’s at 26 inches so far, this strain is green crack indica from ilgm, the Scrog net I have used incorrectly and is pretty much only there for support, maybe I’ll do that right next time. Only thing I done with it is tie some outer branches over slightly.

I haven’t took pics in a couple days but I’m gonna up load all that I have from this grow that’s on my phone. Last pic was 4 days ago.

Sweet!!! Go MeanGreen!!! Looking forward to a smoke report. :cool:

BudBogart

BudBogart

Looking very nice. Keep growing your first grow till you get beginners luck, lol.
For future, make your grow so that the distance between the lighting and the canopy is adjustable.
Presently, you might consider using twine around some branches tying them to the screen to widen the canopy and let more light and air to the buds. Gently, not all the way to the screen of course. Looks like your going to have your first harvest! Congrats.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Looking very nice. Keep growing your first grow till you get beginners luck, lol.
For future, make your grow so that the distance between the lighting and the canopy is adjustable.
Presently, you might consider using twine around some branches tying them to the screen to widen the canopy and let more light and air to the buds. Gently, not all the way to the screen of course. Looks like your going to have your first harvest! Congrats.

Nice tip. When I read it here, i remembered that i needed to do the same as i start to config for my third grow. I made the change below. hung on two 140lb pull magnets so that i wouldn't have to drill holes in the cabinet; This should work (i hope). I have a 48 steel ruler on order that i will stick to the back wall with magnets.

Two ratchet rope hangers connect the light to allow for adjustment. Suggested Minimum for this light is 18" coverage is 2x3 cabinet is 2x2.

Upload 2019 2 21 19 12 35

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Haha it’s there I got it at about 10 inches from top plant @450 Watts

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

I have done a little bit I’m kind of overwhelmed. :)

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Maybe less like 3 weeks just have to see what the growth is when that time comes. Wouldn’t mind doing the shortest veg I see fit to get an idea at the lowest numbers I’ll probably hit with 3 plants and short veg in dwc.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

3 weeks would shave off 29 days off previous veg time then by multiplying to 3 plants I hope to get same or better yield than one long veg plant, also lower amount of fan leaves to trim per plant so maybe better light penetration. I work 6 days a week, 12 or more hours a day rain,sleet,snow,ice and I plan on doing tons of more grows. So I’m all for being on bandwagon to simplify future runs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom