Measuring Height For Lst / Mainlining

• Thread starter SoLowDolo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

What is ’mainlinin’?

Trying to figure it out in my own language but no translation seem to fit in.
Basically, it is topping your plant in a certain way, often combined with LST, to ensure that each cola is the same distance from the main stem so they are all equal size and recieve equal nutrients. That's a very basic explanation of it anyway...

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Hey there, I'm new to this site, hopefully I can give some insight to your question, I won't pretend to have all the answers, as I have many of my own. So this is what I've learned about mainlining, that's what I do due to limited space, I've found it to be really easy and beneficial. It helps with over crowding, all the work is front loaded, and results are great. One of the important things I've learned is selection of strains. ie: indica, sativa or hybred. Try to match your flower time in weeks as close as possible much easier. I have done a few grows with mixed strains, you have to be vigilant when doing this as your on different time frames. I generally flip when they reach half my desired height, that works best for indica and some hybreds. Sativa grow taller so adjust accordingly. This method keeps my grow space well ventilated and not so crowded. The yields are much better if done right. Much easier for taking care of the girls too. I hope this is of some help, I don't know everything about growing, that's another reason I do it constantly learning and improving. Happy growing, and if I've left anything out please feel free to inform me. Peace out!
Thanks for the info! I think it's more sativa so I'll give it a good amount of room to stretch. I'll probably flip when they are a little under half the height I want.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Thanks for the info! I think it's more sativa so I'll give it a good amount of room to stretch. I'll probably flip when they are a little under half the height I want.

Your plan of action here is good. Even though Sour D is often called a sativa it is really more of a 50/50 hybrid. There are many different varieties of Sour D out there and many of them have introduced more indica genetics into the plant. So it is a safe bet your girls will give a good stretch, but at the same time they may not stretch as much as other runs you have seen. Nothing overly useful here, but just giving some food for thought.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Your plan of action here is good. Even though Sour D is often called a sativa it is really more of a 50/50 hybrid. There are many different varieties of Sour D out there and many of them have introduced more indica genetics into the plant. So it is a safe bet your girls will give a good stretch, but at the same time they may not stretch as much as other runs you have seen. Nothing overly useful here, but just giving some food for thought.
I don't know a whole lot yet, but I feel this has a good percentage of indica in it based on the leaves. Although I hear they can change as it matures. Here's some pics for anyone interested. This is where I am at right now. Very bushy lol

IMG 20180809 080025206 HDR

IMG 20180809 080019348 HDR
IMG 20180809 080051346
IMG 20180809 080032692 HDR

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I don't know a whole lot yet, but I feel this has a good percentage of indica in it based on the leaves. Although I hear they can change as it matures. Here's some pics for anyone interested. This is where I am at right now. Very bushy lol

View attachment 821696
View attachment 821697 View attachment 821698 View attachment 821699

Yes they can and likely will change. If you had ones outside from the same stock they would look different than yours. A lot of factors effect the leaf size and shape including light availability, humidity and plant density. But they are looking good.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Yes they can and likely will change. If you had ones outside from the same stock they would look different than yours. A lot of factors effect the leaf size and shape including light availability, humidity and plant density. But they are looking good.
Interesting info. And thank you!

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

This is what happens when you flip a little late, they'll go right past your lights. Good learning experience.
Damn, those look awesome tho! I definitely flipped way sooner than I should have for maximum yield. With this first grow, I just wanted to learn my technique and get some good smoke(can't get that where I live so I am very eager) so I flipped a few days ago. Check out my journal if you get a chance.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/my-first-grow-ever-sour-diesel.97855/

somethingwit

somethingwit

Topping the first node is super stressful to a plant.takes it longer to recover than topping at the 5rh or 6th.

I just want to make sure that I am clear on this... Since the OP is mentioning mainlining, manifolding, LST, and all that, I am assuming that when you say to top at the 5th or 6th node, that is counting up from the bottom, correct? For example, seedling growing well with the first node out doing its job, and the top of the plant is bout done pushing out the second node. Wait through all of that multiple times until the plant makes a 5th, or even 6th node, and then top from there. Is that correct, and that will be less stressful to the plant?

Or are you talking about basically growing the plant up to six or seven nodes, and then counting down 5-6 nodes, and topping everything off from there? Lol I assume, and hope this is not what you meant lol. I just want to cover all of my bases and make sure for when the time comes for me lol.

H

heisen

topping at the 6th on a seeded plant will give you 12 branches,On a clone with alternating nodes the 6th node will give you 6 branches.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I just want to make sure that I am clear on this... Since the OP is mentioning mainlining, manifolding, LST, and all that, I am assuming that when you say to top at the 5th or 6th node, that is counting up from the bottom, correct? For example, seedling growing well with the first node out doing its job, and the top of the plant is bout done pushing out the second node. Wait through all of that multiple times until the plant makes a 5th, or even 6th node, and then top from there. Is that correct, and that will be less stressful to the plant?

Or are you talking about basically growing the plant up to six or seven nodes, and then counting down 5-6 nodes, and topping everything off from there? Lol I assume, and hope this is not what you meant lol. I just want to cover all of my bases and make sure for when the time comes for me lol.
What I did personally, was wait until there were 5 or 6 nodes. This is to ensure the plant has sufficient roots. Then i cut just above the 3rd node.

Latest posts

Top Bottom