Medical CFL Grow Box ! HERE WE GO !

• Thread starter frostedlove
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

frostedlove

I have dreamed of being a THC farmer ever since my first sweet taste of good ole mexi brown! ( deep inside I knew there had to be something better) Growing up in nonTHC farmer friendly area I was never given the chance to explore this amazing plant I had grown to love so much.

Fast forward many many years!

Now Living in a Medical state and Prop 215 friendly home. I was able to set up a grow box in one day due to the fact that I was having foot surgery the next and wanted to get a quick 2 month harvest down while I was home bond. Here will be my diary of this 2 month grow opt pass or fail! You will read it all here!

Shooting for all organics or as best we can. This will be a gettobox cfl grow opt. Home depot was close and I had only one day. Plus I wanted to see if it could be done and done well. I have seen the other stealth boxes on here and even Rosenthal says in his book it can be done.

I will upload photos and detailed accounts of it all and as well hope for any insight and help.

Will be running the whole ROOTS ORGANICS line:
plus have CO2 ex-hale bag

have 5 teens in coco perlite mix Roots organics

2 afgoo
2 blue cheese
1 tai skunk

Thanks
100_14281.JPG
100_14311.JPG
100_1450.JPG
100_1452.JPG
100_1455.JPG
100_1456.JPG
100_14391.JPG
100_1445.JPG
100_14401.JPG
100_1447.JPG
100_14571.JPG
100_1461.JPG
100_1459.JPG
100_1467.JPG
100_1474.JPG
100_1475.JPG

F

frostedlove

Well box is up and running smooth, Today is full 3rd day of running 12/12
I got these teens from craigslist. Traded a few seeds for them. Flipped them right
away on 12/12. Going to top the stretched out hindu today. Temps are perfect at 76 day time and 65 night time. Some people say 10 degrees or more change in day/night is bad? Not sure on that yet?

So far only nuitrients I have added are as follows:

Humbolt Nutrients ----Myco Maximum
this adds positive mycrobs to the soil and roots

Doing a folia spray of

NEEM OIL
baking soda
and maybe dutch master liquid light
anyone use this stuff?
and saturator

Keep ya all posted

F

frostedlove

First feeding today: Keep it simple and lean, everyone says way under what ever the package says.

Today we feed: 1 teaspoon of each mixed in One gallon water

Roots Organics-buddha grow

buddha bloom

Trinty

Mixed 2ml liquid light, and saturator---neem oil in quart spray bottle

Hope all goes well and no burns!

Just figured out.....we r running 463 watts cfl power...

F

frostedlove

Well looks like we have a night time tep problem
Hittn the low 60's. That's too cold or just on the verge of
TOO cold. Though it will help on final flower to bring out any of the cold purps out. Need to find solution. Grow space too big for heater I think. I saw someone said maybe a electric blanket or something like that.

Any ideas?

F

frostedlove

Update goes as follows;
120mm computer fan from ebay; 6.95 free shipping

I have seen tons of diy stealth boxes use these and everyone
says they work but maybe mine is not the best, it does not seem
to move a lot of air. I mounted it over one of the 2inch intakes

I guess I cant really complain about the air flow because it is a 12vot
fan and I only have a 9 volt ac adapter right now so it is 3 volts short
but that should not make a huge difference but maybe. Keep ya posted
on that one when I find a 12volt plug.

Have idea for heat or more of the lack of heat....
maybe run a green light all night to keep the box warmer
will look this up and see what I see
100_1496.JPG
100_1492.JPG
100_1490.JPG

no burns yet on foliage spray. Keep ya posted!

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

i think you should just buy a lil fan just to have a lil more airflow if its possible i think that would really help more than that lil pc fan you got

F

frostedlove

i think you should just buy a lil fan just to have a lil more airflow if its possible i think that would really help more than that lil pc fan you got

I think your right just pick up a little one off craigslist 5-10 bucks. I have good air flow but the more the better

F

frostedlove

Today working on a DIY turbocloner. Got a few aquarium pumps and a few bins. Keep ya posted on what I come up with.

First light today, plants look well. Still no leaf burns from the new nuits and foliage spray. Today was just reg filtered water.

Any bayarea growers, adjust there ph around here. I need to read more about PH

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Hey buddy not trying to squash dreams here. I would only grow 1 plant in there that are of those sizes. Especially the Thai. That is most Sativa and you will have one hell of a time keeping that one alone from stuffing your box. lol.

I would take the smallest of the plants and stick with that one in flower. One that is a "teen" can double or triple in size in flower.

Next time I would veg for a week then flower. Keep it sorta like a sea of green with about 8 plants or less. Remember in the boxes you want to shoot for short and wide, kinda like a fat chick. Your nugs will be like a fat chick also, fat juicy and plump. Otherwise your going to be stuck with some tweaker looking chick for nugs, all skinny and skragly looking. Nobody wants them. I would rather have a fat chick over a tweaker anyday.

F

frostedlove

Hey buddy not trying to squash dreams here. I would only grow 1 plant in there that are of those sizes. Especially the Thai. That is most Sativa and you will have one hell of a time keeping that one alone from stuffing your box. lol.

I would take the smallest of the plants and stick with that one in flower. One that is a "teen" can double or triple in size in flower.

Next time I would veg for a week then flower. Keep it sorta like a sea of green with about 8 plants or less. Remember in the boxes you want to shoot for short and wide, kinda like a fat chick. Your nugs will be like a fat chick also, fat juicy and plump. Otherwise your going to be stuck with some tweaker looking chick for nugs, all skinny and skragly looking. Nobody wants them. I would rather have a fat chick over a tweaker anyday.

Yea I know the Thai skunk was too long, Thats how I got it all stretched out. I did not veg these girls, I got them as is. I was going to crop the Thai or just throw it outside. I knew it was going to get huge but took it anyway

thanks for the info bro

O

Oregonic

Yea I know the Thai skunk was too long, Thats how I got it all stretched out. I did not veg these girls, I got them as is. I was going to crop the Thai or just throw it outside. I knew it was going to get huge but took it anyway

thanks for the info bro
Tie, bend and bondage them bitches and you can make any plant fit! Props for the CFL's, gotta start somewhere and this will give you a shit tone of knowledge on what not to do for next round, and so on and so on....

F

frostedlove

Tie, bend and bondage them bitches and you can make any plant fit! Props for the CFL's, gotta start somewhere and this will give you a shit tone of knowledge on what not to do for next round, and so on and so on....

Did not think about pulln it down. I have all the way up to 4 feet above, and the lights move. I know I could of done it with big lights and fans but If it works it works and I will be stoked to say I pulled off a cfl grow.

Why NOT

F

frostedlove

Update-DIY CLONER

Update as follows:
Tie downs went well the first day and on the second I was moving things around when I broke The Thai. I know you can tie plants up,and repair them quite well. I have helped a few farmers tie outdoor plants back together after storms up here. My brake was bad and it pretty much came off in my hand. So what to do............CLONES

Here is my DIY cloner/sprouter. Check out these plugs I got free from the grow show. They say you can sprout seeds or cuttings. Thats cool. I have the air pump on all the time and the water pump/sprayer is on a every hour timer. So far so good everything is perked up and looking good.
100_1497.jpg
100_1509.jpg
100_1508.jpg
100_1502.jpg
100_1510.jpg
100_1515.jpg
100_1512.jpg

F

frostedlove

Update goes as follows:

Cloner is rocking on along. The beans I put in there are sending good tap roots down. No root nubs on cutting yet but 95 % of them are perked up and looking good. 2 not so good. The root plugs by Bobsbrew rootmax plugs are nice but they do get the water kinda nasty. I had to clean the sprayer hose it had tons of junk from the natural root plugs. But I see how they will aid in transplant. So far the cheap soft foam is working for the clone plugs, cheaper then neoprene plugs, but will see if they work as well. Update with pics latter.

S

Sense I. Milla

Lookin' good. I love the diy cloner, very pro-style. But to maximize your yield in that box, in my opinion, you'll need to LST them asap. Start bending the tops down using some string or whatever you can get your hands on. Each day bend the top lower and lower, it's easier to LST after watering.
If you don't do this the CFLs don't have very much light penetration and you'll end up with some fairly nice tops but nothing else. That Thai could grow up to 5 ft., too high for your space. Trust me, I learned this the hard way...(check my thread "5ft. sativa in my closet" for proof!)

good luck bro

F

frostedlove

Lookin' good. I love the diy cloner, very pro-style. But to maximize your yield in that box, in my opinion, you'll need to LST them asap. Start bending the tops down using some string or whatever you can get your hands on. Each day bend the top lower and lower, it's easier to LST after watering.
If you don't do this the CFLs don't have very much light penetration and you'll end up with some fairly nice tops but nothing else. That Thai could grow up to 5 ft., too high for your space. Trust me, I learned this the hard way...(check my thread "5ft. sativa in my closet" for proof!)

good luck bro

Thanks for the info, Yea I will start pulln them all down today. There is no-more Thai, she donated her limps to the cloner. I got to crazy when bending and broke her. I will get those babies spread open.

Thanks for the Info

F

frostedlove

Honey's ARE SICK

Update is Cheese Is SICK!!!

I think we have a Calcium deficiency or Nitrogen maybe. Or maybe another that I don't know about. I have my trusty Ed Rosenthals book. But need to do some search on the web or maybe a nice farmer will help me out.
000_00101.jpg
000_0008.jpg
000_00071.jpg
000_0006.jpg
000_00051.jpg
000_00041.jpg
000_00031.jpg
000_00021.jpg
000_0001.jpg

S

Sense I. Milla

I think you have a cal/mag issue (reddish stem color is a dead givaway).

From what I've read around these forum, go very sparingly on the foliar spray, like once a week, 1/5 req. strength... something like that... hope that helps a little.

F

frostedlove

I think you have a cal/mag issue (reddish stem color is a dead givaway).

From what I've read around these forum, go very sparingly on the foliar spray, like once a week, 1/5 req. strength... something like that... hope that helps a little.

Just got back from growstore---got a cal-mag booster. I have dulled the foliage spray way way way down. Like a tsp full and it say use 1oz . I have some reddish stem action as well

thanks so much for the help

Latest posts

Top Bottom