Medical CFL Grow Box ! HERE WE GO !

• Thread starter frostedlove
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

frostedlove

Transplant day

I noticed that the plants were planted way down low in the pot and might hit root bond before too long. So today I had to cut all the tie down lines and pull the ladies out of there pot and refilled the pots with fresh Roots Organics Coco Perlite Mix. Then Places the ladies back in there pots with now 5-6 inches of new soil to stretch there little fingers in.
I did not notice much fuzz, in the roots area.
So not much myco growth so need to put more in the water.
potprop1.jpg
closeupsarts02.jpg
closeupsarts05.jpg
closeupsarts07.jpg
closeupsarts04.jpg

I just saw some 200 watt CFl photos on here and give me tons of hope for my ladies

I LOVE this site and all the info flowering around here

F

frostedlove

i would consider using these http://www.amazon.com/Dual-Bulb-Socket-Converts-socket/dp/B002WDBLM4 or something like it to get more lights :)

That could double my watts forsure but would cost about 50 bones or more for the attachment plus more bulbs. Its just a cost thing for me at this point. If I was planning on growing where I was at for ever or even 3 -4 rounds I would go straight 600watts but If you read the whole post I am bouncing in 2-3 months so Its just more of a fun project on how much can I really get. At some point I just have to saw I got what I got. Unless Santa or some MJ Smurfs bring me some lights and blowers.
I got some more stuff to take back to home depot so I will get another 65 watt bulb to help things out a little

thanks for the info though and your idea would work forsure.

S

Snafu

sorry i didnt read it all, but i am subscribed and look forward to what will come of this awesome little project you got going :)

S

Sense I. Milla

nice pics dude! So they're about 2 weeks into flowering right?

F

frostedlove

nice pics dude! So they're about 2 weeks into flowering right?

Yeap couple days left on number 2. I know they are stunted with the nut lock and deficiency problems but I think they are coming along now. They got Big UPs today. Should help and we are PH everything. That was a huge newbie mistake not PHing stuff.

I did a little YOUTUB hunting on CFL grows and you would be surprised what some people have done. One guy claims 1 gram per watt on CFL THats crazy!

F

frostedlove

Did a little Training

Well tied the blue dream teens down today.
Those sicky clones are coming around now
just needed a little helping hand

fff4.jpg
fff3.jpg
fff2.jpg
fff1.jpg

Will veg them for a few more days then
BaMn they get 12/12

The ladies are starting to give off a slight hint.
OH such a tease! GoD I love IT

276.jpg
520.jpg
11111.jpg

S

Sense I. Milla

Looks good to me frostedlove! With a little love and care those clones will come back better then ever!

F

frostedlove

Still going

You guys know more then I do. I seem to stare at my plants for hours each day.

Since it's my first grow I do not know what or where each plant is suppose to be in there life cycle.

I am learning so much! Each grow will get better I am sure.

S

Sense I. Milla

I suggest getting a book on growing cannabis. Reading really helped me get over the steepest part of the learning curve, now I can only learn from my mistakes.

F

frostedlove

Nervous Father

I suggest getting a book on growing cannabis. Reading really helped me get over the steepest part of the learning curve, now I can only learn from my mistakes.

Yea I have the Ed Rosenthal book. The new one.
It has everything for sure. I still get all crazy comparing pics and what people say. LOL I am just a Nervous Father.LOL

The whole purple defic thing freaked me out

When do you cut diseased leafs off? I still got tons of spotting and older growth dien?

I would not say tons but a few and the process does continue

N

nelson1100

Don't be discusted,I have seen much worse. The setup you have is good for vegging (before you flip 1212),you can vegg them quite large.The plant doesn't require a "full" spectrum light.Once you start 12/12 the white light isn't good enough.This "guy" at another site tried flowering under a MH (metal halide)blue light and the same thing happenrd.You realy need a HID, HPS (at least a 250) light for flowering if you want any kind of yield.
Peace,
Nelson

F

frostedlove

Don't be discusted,I have seen much worse. The setup you have is good for vegging (before you flip 1212),you can vegg them quite large.The plant doesn't require a "full" spectrum light.Once you start 12/12 the white light isn't good enough.This "guy" at another site tried flowering under a MH (metal halide)blue light and the same thing happenrd.You realy need a HID, HPS (at least a 250) light for flowering if you want any kind of yield.
Peace,
Nelson

Thanks for the info. Yes I do know that ANY thing other then a CFl would make better nuggs. Read the whole post, this is more of an adventure then just making Dank Nuggs! In a perfect world I would have a huge outdoor farm growing plants like HL. Sadley this is not the case and I am happy with the CFL's or as happy as one man can be with what he's got.

On top of it all I smoke a shit ton and My bud budget is taking up alot of money to keep me happy these days. Caligreen is Sweet but its anything but cheap!

F

frostedlove

We Have hit the First day OF Big Bad week 3

So far so good. Things are frosting up. Old growth still slowly dieing from our lock down the first week. I know that's normal but I wonder how it will hang with most of its old big growth dead????? I know leaves die during the budding process and that the nature of things but My die off is from sickness so its much faster.. Back in the day people use to trim all fan leaves off, but now no. Everyone advises against that now.

I added more screen to the box to cover any holes at all, now that the flowers are getting ripe do not want any stray intruders. I have pest strips around and I have covered every where in Neam oil. Including the walls and floors. I only thought it would help as I spray the outside of the box as well to give off the scent of neam oil instead of my welcoming "come suck me to death" flower smell. We love it and bugs even more!
I find dead little nats on the traps and on the leaves. Is that bad?

Thanks again for all the info you guys put out there!

3rd3.jpg
3rd2.jpg
3rd1.jpg

S

Sense I. Milla

It looks to me like you have everything in control now... just finish those girls off and enjoy the process of growing your own fruit!

F

frostedlove

I am in LOVE with these LADIES

Middle Week three And I am falling in love ....SO far so good
Just added a home brew preventative mite spray out of neem,rosemary,cinnimon
extract. Hope keeps us mite free..
IMG_02262.jpg
IMG_02201.jpg
IMG_02171.jpg
IMG_0222.jpg
IMG_0215.jpg

F

frostedlove

3 1/2 weeks

Well things are rolling on along. We had a tiny bit of fer burn around a few leave so last two waters were just clean water with a root inoculant. So far so good, girls are getting thicker and frostier everyday. Its so cool to watch this process. I grew outdoors once and it was guarilla so I did not get to see the steady changes. The smells is just starting to POP. :inlove

3_1:214.jpg
3_1:213.jpg
3_1:210.jpg
3_1:203.jpg
3_1:207.jpg
3_1:209.jpg
3_1:202.jpg
3_1:201.jpg

S

Sense I. Milla

Sick man! Looking very frosty!

Yours are about 1 1/2 wks ahead of mine. NICE