Meeks' 2013 Dapper Grow Log

• Thread starter nMEEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
FUCKEN STELLER NMEEKS, i should of kept the superskunk when i had it! DAM, kicking myself in ass as we speak, the white did her real nice.

confu

Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

Wonderful, just wonderful. Can I use the under the canopy shot for my phone wallpaper? That's my fave. ;-) Enjoy your school break, Meeks.
LG

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Looks damn good for a iphone ....
iPhoto, not iPhone, haha

I use a Canon for taking the photos.

Wonderful, just wonderful. Can I use the under the canopy shot for my phone wallpaper? That's my fave. ;-) Enjoy your school break, Meeks.
LG
Thanks so much LG, I'm glad you like them and yes of course you can use it for your phone, very polite of you to ask! I am really enjoying my break and getting to see some old friends from out of town has been nice! I hope you are doing well

Amber

Amber

Super stoked on these White Skunks! They are very vigorous, all showing above media within 48 hours of being taken out of cold storage, and 7 out of 8 showing within an hour of each other!

I took some photos while working in the hydroponic tomato greenhouse today, things have been moving along steadily and we are harvesting crates of happy healthy bright red tomatos a couple times a week to sell at farmers markets! I thought everyone might enjoy seeing an update, since the last set of photos I took was before the fruit had any color!

View attachment 282986View attachment 282987View attachment 282988View attachment 282989View attachment 282990

-Meeks:D
Awesome, do you have a thread or somewhere you discuss the tomato set up?

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Awesome, do you have a thread or somewhere you discuss the tomato set up?
Thanks Amber, and no I don't have a thread dedicated just to the tomatoes, but I think I have talked a little bit about them in this thread or the last one, I'm not exactly sure where. . . is there a question or two I can answer for you about them?

soserthc1

soserthc1

iPhoto, not iPhone, haha

I use a Canon for taking the photos.

Thanks so much LG, I'm glad you like them and yes of course you can use it for your phone, very polite of you to ask! I am really enjoying my break and getting to see some old friends from out of town has been nice! I hope you are doing well
my bad seen iphoto and assumed iphone but while here got a question as your aware i moved and am in the process of setting up a room in the basement its enclosed and all my vegging plants were / are in there .... well noticed some leaves getting bad ... was out of sea green and assumed that was the issue , well after getting sea green they continued to get worse but strangely it was only two strains that i woke up to this morning totally dead had to cut 5 plants and all but one you could tell were dead inside the stem. Room had no in air or outtake air flow just fan's in the room and a temp of 68 - 61 humidity ..... well i opened a side area and added a air vent from outside the room to pull air in .... thinking as i transplanted today a plant and notice some pm on the dirt that i was getting a disease from lack of air - fresh air that is... and now a good amount of air is circulating and the humidity dropped to 47 % ..... what is puzzling me a little farther is the plants in the closet (i threw 3 in there under a 250 hps just to have something flowering are fine..... except for a few leaves and of the three two are sisters of the plants that were completely dead this morning .....thoughts ?

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Got myself a pack to play with Meeks! Hope to do half as good as this round your pulling.
Best of luck Pura, I hope you find something really nice!

my bad seen iphoto and assumed iphone but while here got a question as your aware i moved and am in the process of setting up a room in the basement its enclosed and all my vegging plants were / are in there .... well noticed some leaves getting bad ... was out of sea green and assumed that was the issue , well after getting sea green they continued to get worse but strangely it was only two strains that i woke up to this morning totally dead had to cut 5 plants and all but one you could tell were dead inside the stem. Room had no in air or outtake air flow just fan's in the room and a temp of 68 - 61 humidity ..... well i opened a side area and added a air vent from outside the room to pull air in .... thinking as i transplanted today a plant and notice some pm on the dirt that i was getting a disease from lack of air - fresh air that is... and now a good amount of air is circulating and the humidity dropped to 47 % ..... what is puzzling me a little farther is the plants in the closet (i threw 3 in there under a 250 hps just to have something flowering are fine..... except for a few leaves and of the three two are sisters of the plants that were completely dead this morning .....thoughts ?
Hmmmm, oxygen is definitely essential for respiration and therefore growth, but I know that a bunch of people run sealed rooms (including myself) and I have not had plants full on die from lack of oxygen. 47% humidity is too low in my book, but I know other growers who rock 40-50% their whole cycle and get good results so it seems to be just a matter of balancing that with your feeding input to avoid stress. Powdery Mildew shouldn't be able to grow on inert media or soil, it infects the epidermis of plant tissue and can only germinate in 95% humidity so I doubt that is what you were seeing on your soil with half the needed humidity for PM to thrive. What it does sound like, and I'm sorry I can't throw out more exact possibilities here, is that you may have a soil borne pathogen of some kind and that is preventing the plant from growing properly (would explain why the same genetics in flowering are not having problems if they have not been infected/inoculated). I would pull a plant or two out of their pots and inspect the root system, since an unhealthy root system can cause symtoms just as you described (lower leaf lose followed by rapid plant death because there is limited/no water and nutrient uptake by the roots), or since you said you recently transplanted you might have gotten a good look at the root system already, and can verify that it was not white and filling the pot. Either way, I would make sure to avoid any potential cross contamination between the plants you say appear healthy in flowering, and the ones having trouble in veg, just incase it is a pathogen. Obviously it could be a dozen other problems, but better safe than sorry until you know a little more about the cause.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Best of luck Pura, I hope you find something really nice!

Hmmmm, oxygen is definitely essential for respiration and therefore growth, but I know that a bunch of people run sealed rooms (including myself) and I have not had plants full on die from lack of oxygen. 47% humidity is too low in my book, but I know other growers who rock 40-50% their whole cycle and get good results so it seems to be just a matter of balancing that with your feeding input to avoid stress. Powdery Mildew shouldn't be able to grow on inert media or soil, it infects the epidermis of plant tissue and can only germinate in 95% humidity so I doubt that is what you were seeing on your soil with half the needed humidity for PM to thrive. What it does sound like, and I'm sorry I can't throw out more exact possibilities here, is that you may have a soil borne pathogen of some kind and that is preventing the plant from growing properly (would explain why the same genetics in flowering are not having problems if they have not been infected/inoculated). I would pull a plant or two out of their pots and inspect the root system, since an unhealthy root system can cause symtoms just as you described (lower leaf lose followed by rapid plant death because there is limited/no water and nutrient uptake by the roots), or since you said you recently transplanted you might have gotten a good look at the root system already, and can verify that it was not white and filling the pot. Either way, I would make sure to avoid any potential cross contamination between the plants you say appear healthy in flowering, and the ones having trouble in veg, just incase it is a pathogen. Obviously it could be a dozen other problems, but better safe than sorry until you know a little more about the cause.
well im starting to think that i amended the soil to hot , but that would not explain the one's that were not transplanted ..... hum you say you run a sealed room but you pump co2 in correct as I would rather keep the room sealed but i need to end this insanity before my mom's start dying not that I have anything really special except my sour dub & 89 uk cheese & a nice strawberrry white ......hum i added something new as a molasses substitute - wonder if that had anything to do with it...... man thinks used to run like a machine at my old crib and I believe I am hitting my first bump in my growing life ..... oh well live learn , figure it out and move on ...... plus a bunch of new beans are a popping .... When you get a minute (thou i don't know how u ever do) cruise over to my 1 ongoing thread sOseRsOutRagesAdventures as I have ton's of question over there and detailing my outdoor grow of perinatal & annual flowers as I have an entire back and front yard to do as I am a homeowner again after renting 3 yrs - which sucked as i have owned my own home - homes since i was 17 ....... also u never responded to my pm , did you ever get it ? awhile back about your plans ....... meeks as always your A+ in my book brother ......peace and blessings Soser

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
well im starting to think that i amended the soil to hot , but that would not explain the one's that were not transplanted ..... hum you say you run a sealed room but you pump co2 in correct as I would rather keep the room sealed but i need to end this insanity before my mom's start dying not that I have anything really special except my sour dub & 89 uk cheese & a nice strawberrry white ......hum i added something new as a molasses substitute - wonder if that had anything to do with it...... man thinks used to run like a machine at my old crib and I believe I am hitting my first bump in my growing life ..... oh well live learn , figure it out and move on ...... plus a bunch of new beans are a popping .... When you get a minute (thou i don't know how u ever do) cruise over to my 1 ongoing thread sOseRsOutRagesAdventures as I have ton's of question over there and detailing my outdoor grow of perinatal & annual flowers as I have an entire back and front yard to do as I am a homeowner again after renting 3 yrs - which sucked as i have owned my own home - homes since i was 17 ....... also u never responded to my pm , did you ever get it ? awhile back about your plans ....... meeks as always your A+ in my book brother ......peace and blessings Soser
Hey Soser, I'll try to check out your thread if/when I get the chance, I can't believe my spring break is already over! I hope your plants are looking better, or at least not rapidly getting worse anymore. I don't know exactly which PM you are referring to, maybe send me another message in that string to bring it back up to the top of my messages list. Thanks for the kind words.

Good Afternoon Farmers! It feels nice to be able to say afternoon at 5pm because Spring is here and the sun is still up! :D

I was up early this morning and snapped some fast lights off shots just before the HPS bulbs kicked on. I wanna get in there again before the chop to redo some of the best angles, I was disappointed with the blur on a few that I chose not to share this time around. Everything is really swelling up fat now, I think I will be starting the flush sometime in the next week, probably just a few more days of feeding!

Here are the White Skunk ladies after 6 weeks of Flowering, on Day 42:

6 Weeks White Skunk01
6 Weeks White Skunk02
6 Weeks White Skunk03
6 Weeks White Skunk04
6 Weeks White Skunk05
6 Weeks White Skunk06
6 Weeks White Skunk07
6 Weeks White Skunk08
6 Weeks White Skunk09
6 Weeks White Skunk10
6 Weeks White Skunk11
6 Weeks White Skunk12
6 Weeks White Skunk13
6 Weeks White Skunk14
6 Weeks White Skunk15
6 Weeks White Skunk16
6 Weeks White Skunk17
6 Weeks White Skunk18
6 Weeks White Skunk19
6 Weeks White Skunk20

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Then after getting some pictures taken and the reservoirs refilled, I finally found the time to make oil from last harvest's trim! It was a very successful run, here are just a few shots of how things came out:

Pre-purge oil:
Pre Purge Oil2
Pre Purge Oil1

Honeycomb after one run in the vacuum chamber:
Vacuumed Oil

Shatter after many more runs in the vacuum chamber:
Shatter Oil

I hope everyone is having a great weekend and a happy Easter to all those celebrating!

-Meeks:)

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Stuff looks killer as always Meeks. thanks for sharing!
Happy to share when the ladies are so photogenic! Thanks GP

Damn Meeks, you're working with some seriously attractive, over-weight ladies!
Aren't they!? Haha, I'm starting to count the days until I get to try the smoke! Glad you could stop by and check them out Gr33n

hightide

hightide

Wow, just wow!

Incredible log Meeks.

Raskal, yep, done it again. White Skunk will be sought after to add to my OGR collection.

Nailed it Meeks.

Absolutely spot on! Rooms, grow, pics and info. From the Buds to the concentrates, amazing.
I really enjoyed the addition of the horticulture reviews and greenhouses. I can't wait until our 'other' industry sees the same setups. Everything is extremely healthy. All of the photog work is outstanding. Magazine worthy.
I envy your cleanliness and attention to detail. I try to keep my grows that clean, but damn brother, that's clean!

Sometimes a thread will tie you up for hours for all the wrong reasons. This one was, oh so right.

Just Great pics, compelling info. And a general kindness to all that replied.

Well done man.
I will be subbing to all your grow threads from here on out.
Thanks so much for adding to this great community.

Er.... was that too much???:rolleyes:

Questions; What Canon are you using? What lens most commonly used?

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Wow, just wow!

Incredible log Meeks.

Raskal, yep, done it again. White Skunk will be sought after to add to my OGR collection.

Nailed it Meeks.

Absolutely spot on! Rooms, grow, pics and info. From the Buds to the concentrates, amazing.
I really enjoyed the addition of the horticulture reviews and greenhouses. I can't wait until our 'other' industry sees the same setups. Everything is extremely healthy. All of the photog work is outstanding. Magazine worthy.
I envy your cleanliness and attention to detail. I try to keep my grows that clean, but damn brother, that's clean!

Sometimes a thread will tie you up for hours for all the wrong reasons. This one was, oh so right.

Just Great pics, compelling info. And a general kindness to all that replied.

Well done man.
I will be subbing to all your grow threads from here on out.
Thanks so much for adding to this great community.

Er.... was that too much???:rolleyes:

Questions; What Canon are you using? What lens most commonly used?

:D

:D

I had a feeling you were liking it, maybe it was all those notifications I was getting :playful:

Thank you so much for the very thoughtful and kind words! It really does mean a ton when people comment saying such nice things, and makes me try even harder to meet my own standards! Looking forward to having you around.

And my camera is just a point and shoot digital Canon, the model is: 'PowerShot SD870 IS Digital ELPH'

Top Bottom