Members Only Discount Dispensary?

• Thread starter bobbybrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bobbybrown

I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of a members only dispensary where you pay a monthly fee in exchange for discounted meds?

It seems logical that if patients were willing to pay a monthly membership fee, that the dispensary would be able to provide meds at a discounted price because they have the guaranteed monthly revenue.

Obviously this would benefit those who medicate more regularly, depending on the monthly fee.

Anyone ever hear of any dispensary model like this? Do you think it would work?

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

Sounds like it would be a good idea.The only thing I don't really like is that dispensaries charge street/black market prices. If it's "medical" it shouldn't be so high of a cost. I know for a fact after starting to grow myself, that it doesn't cost someone $250 to grow an ounce. If it costs you $250 to grow an ounce, you don't know how to grow, shoot, I just started growing and I am noticing how little it costs. I understand costs usually include the risk, but if your in a medical marijuana state and it's state approved, why so high? I have found guys on craigslist who are trying to give the dispensaries competition and lowering prices, I thought that was good, most of the medical patients I know are disabled/poor people who cant afford insurance. Let alone high weed prices.

B

bobbybrown

I feel the same way. If an organization was able to pay the bills with a profession that involves selfless acts of assistance to the sick, who wouldn't do this?

C

Cookie cutt3r

I feel the same way. If an organization was able to pay the bills with a profession that involves selfless acts of assistance to the sick, who wouldn't do this?
better not nitpick the marijuana industry then.... pretty sure the people that "save your life" charge you 1,200$ for a scalpel when theyre doing it. and 30K for the room and 5K for the EKG etc etc.

to not think that most people are in business for one reason, MONEY, is childish.

medical field included. hell even CHURCHES. think about it. would you wake up and do whatever it is you do if you did it for free or little to no pay?

or let me put it this way,

would you take 10/hr to feel better when the person right next to you is making 25$ and hour and just cares about money?

they dont care.

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

I don't think everyone who goes in business is in it soley for money, but if they wern't it would be a charity org not a business. Business is for making profit.
If your paying money for a product it shouldn't have a such a high mark up right?
Especially if it's a plant. Everyother plant on this earth doesn't have such a high price. fruits,vegetables, grains,etc. where do you find those things at $200-$300 an ounce?Water the most important thing for survival (next to air ..which is also free) is low cost.Those two things which is necessary for life are so cheap cause their in such high abundunce. Thats what we need for Marijuana.
But hopefully we can get legalization and that would bring the dispensary prices down. If Marijuana becomes so plentiful that you can find it growing in peoples backyards or in farmers markets or even the produce store I doubt youd see it selling at $200-$300 an ounce.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

I don't think everyone who goes in business is in it soley for money, but if they wern't it would be a charity org not a business. Business is for making profit.
If your paying money for a product it shouldn't have a such a high mark up right?
Especially if it's a plant. Everyother plant on this earth doesn't have such a high price. fruits,vegetables, grains,etc. where do you find those things at $200-$300 an ounce?Water the most important thing for survival (next to air ..which is also free) is low cost.Those two things which is necessary for life are so cheap cause their in such high abundunce. Thats what we need for Marijuana.
But hopefully we can get legalization and that would bring the dispensary prices down. If Marijuana becomes so plentiful that you can find it growing in peoples backyards or in farmers markets or even the produce store I doubt youd see it selling at $200-$300 an ounce.

fuck legalization... i jumped on the activist band wagon, but then realized that im just driving my own prices down, which cannot go any lower or else im out. if u dont like spending the $ for good bud then dont.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
non profits are awesome because the entity can pay everyone a huge salary, and show no profit at the end of the year. :)

Prices are tied to supply and demand anyway. So yes if the supply of weed goes through the roof, prices will fall. Now, let's say everyone can have weed growing in their back yard, that doesn't mean it will be good weed. Also outdoor takes a full season to be done. You think people are gonna wait all year for their weed that may or may not be good?
no way jose.
Fuck I can grow lots of produce in my backyard, but I end up buying it at the store most of the time instead. Growing for consistence (always having some) is a real pain in the ass.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

Actually there are other plants and fungi that are extremely expensive.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/20/white-truffles-mushrooms-cost_n_769809.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiocordyceps_sinensis

anyway...

C

Cookie cutt3r

you saying a charity isnt going into business for money?!?!? hahahahahahahahahaha baaaa with the rest of em!!!

you know how much the board of ex's of susan b Komen foundation make yearly!???!? how many dollars in the bin you think went to their lexus payments

please dont act foolish. nobody does anything for free business related. if you have overhead youre squeezing your food money in there too.

it cracks me up when people say "everyone will be growing in their backyard and then nobody will buy weed for a lot of money"

i guess everyone can crop 30% plants all killer in their backyard. LOLOLOLOLOLOL. as long as there are stoners, which are multiplying like fucking maggots, there will always be a market for "the best".

bet you in TEN YEARS there will be OZ still going for 300 strong. BET YOU!

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

lol@ everyone getting all nuts over my post. I don't care.Regardless of the corruption in business and charities. I stand by my statement that Dispensaries overcharge. Plain and simple, Do you guys not agree that it doesn't cost $300 to grow an ounce of weed?

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

fuck legalization... i jumped on the activist band wagon, but then realized that im just driving my own prices down, which cannot go any lower or else im out. if u dont like spending the $ for good bud then dont.

Oh no worries ,lol I wont. Frick dat. After growing my own and seeing how much of a rip off it is, I'm down for helping my state get the cultvation rights it needs. I am also down for giving away extra meds at no charge. I've already given away meds and the feeling is way awesome to know I'm helping others. I aint selling any and if that cuts into the dispensaries business so be it. I believe everyone has a right to grow and have access to good meds regardless if they can afford it or not.

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

i guess everyone can crop 30% plants all killer in their backyard. LOLOLOLOLOLOL. as long as there are stoners, which are multiplying like fucking maggots, there will always be a market for "the best".

With all those LOL's you must be roaring with laughter, lol,seems you did your best to show us how hard your laughing,
We got the multiple LOL with caps! hahaha *Stands and applauses cookiecutter* I always give extra credit for effort.
As people become more educated of the benefits and uses and the truths about marijuana there will be people wanting to know more and do more. I agree there will always be a market. But I am pretty sure the more people become aware that this is just a plant that can grow almost anywhere. The more people would want to grow for themselves. This isn't rocket science, you don't have to go to school for 8 years to learnto grow. I see it as supply and demand. WhenI was in hawaii, Weed hit prices of $500 an ounce, Farms were getting busted every day for a whole week. After going up to cali and then to oregon I found weed prices dropped. I'm not saying everyones gonna have weed growing in their backyards, but I have lived in states where lots of people do grow weed in there backyards,lol It's the same with fruit tree's and vegetable gardens, the only people who will grow them are people that want to. I have met tons of people, mostly old folks that are blown away, they have been buying meds at dispensaries and when they would come to events and we give them clones for free they would go home and grow. I would see them at other events and their happy to be growing. Save your money, no make the dealers rich,make your life rich, I think self sufficiency is the best way. BTW, not all dispensary meds that are labeled "Top shelf" or "Fire" are. I know that for a fact, I have been going to a dispensary when I first moved here. Who knows it could be like alcohol prohibition...:rolleyes:

C

Cookie cutt3r

youre taking the defensive path not the optimistic actually looking at other peoples views path.

may as well lock the thread and keep talking to yourself.

the simple fact that you "go to dispensaries" says enough.

C

Cookie cutt3r

lol@ everyone getting all nuts over my post. I don't care.Regardless of the corruption in business and charities. I stand by my statement that Dispensaries overcharge. Plain and simple, Do you guys not agree that it doesn't cost $300 to grow an ounce of weed?
i bet it doesnt cost 700 for an ipad either.

or 40K for a car

or 3.80 for a gallon of gas

there is markup SO PEOPLE CAN LIVE DUDE. everyone does shit for free? you need to eat, support your family, try and have maybe enough to ENJOY LIFE

fuck what should a charity just sit there and let other people get meds of the sweat of their back? sorry to say but it IS survival of the fittest. while medications will help keep you fit, life isnt a fuckin charity ride dude

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

youre taking the defensive path not the optimistic actually looking at other peoples views path.

may as well lock the thread and keep talking to yourself.

the simple fact that you "go to dispensaries" says enough.

Maybe in your eye's bro, I'm just having fun. I apologize if I caused anyone to become offended. Not my intentions.
I have gone to dispensaries when I first arrived here. Like I said earlier, that they do have their use. I was saying the price of Marijuana is too high. I asked here if it costs anyone $300 to grow 1 ounce of marijuana. People start comparing the prices to other items such as Ipads, those are technological things, Portable TV's were expensive when they first came out, but now that everything is digital, nobody wants to even buy a portable tv. Their worthless. Technology prices go up and down as we advance. Plants have been here since the begining of time. Do you not agree that the more weed out there the cheeper it would be? Do you not agree that it doesn't cost even $100 to grow an ounce of marijuana? You don't have to agree with me on all my stances, but I think dispensaries overcharge for being in a legal medical state.
Cheers mate, no worries:)

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

or 40K for a car

there is markup SO PEOPLE CAN LIVE DUDE. everyone does shit for free? you need to eat, support your family, try and have maybe enough to ENJOY LIFE

fuck what should a charity just sit there and let other people get meds of the sweat of their back? sorry to say but it IS survival of the fittest. while medications will help keep you fit, life isnt a fuckin charity ride dude

And nobody really addressed the issue that 99% of people who go in to dispensaries aren't sick at all. :troll:

I agree with cookie. When you make something yourself of course you can see how cost effective it is. Has anyone seen the price of avocados? If you have a medium sized avocado tree though you will not be able to eat the amount of avocados it will give you, and they will mostly be eaten by wildlife and given away or lay on the ground rotting. And yet peopel buy them in the store for up to 3 bucks EACH.

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

or 40K for a car

How much of a mark up do you need to eat? Are you supporting a family on just marijuana? If so I understand why you want people to have to pay such high prices. I enjoy life,lol and I have given meds for free. Maybe our perception on what makes life enjoyable is different. But rock on, do what you got to, I will do what I do. were both in the game.

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

And nobody really addressed the issue that 99% of people who go in to dispensaries aren't sick at all. :troll:

I have only recently been going to dispensaries or had gone and I noticedthat as well. When I was in Hawaii and Oregon, I noticed TONS of old and poor people, and sick folks,thats why I started to want to give back. To help those who can't afford, I aint no robin hood of marijuana, but I do try to help those who can't afford dispensary prices.

Top Bottom