Members Only Discount Dispensary?

• Thread starter bobbybrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Amber

Amber

Sounds like it would be a good idea.The only thing I don't really like is that dispensaries charge street/black market prices. If it's "medical" it shouldn't be so high of a cost. I know for a fact after starting to grow myself, that it doesn't cost someone $250 to grow an ounce. If it costs you $250 to grow an ounce, you don't know how to grow, shoot, I just started growing and I am noticing how little it costs. I understand costs usually include the risk, but if your in a medical marijuana state and it's state approved, why so high? I have found guys on craigslist who are trying to give the dispensaries competition and lowering prices, I thought that was good, most of the medical patients I know are disabled/poor people who cant afford insurance. Let alone high weed prices.
I'm not sure what your growing and how much work and risk you are putting in, but for those who are growing medical grade, connoisseur grade medicine, working 100 hour weeks and for those who have been doing it for a decade or more to get less and less for increasingly better medicine, I DISAGREE. People with your attitude are going to drive out quality medicine and good farmers out of existence.

C

Cookie cutt3r

Yeah grew one plant for 40$. Miracle grow run!! lol
Everyone in dispensaries (minus owners) is already getting paid less than 15/hr. I don see how everyone can justify the price of every single fucking thing in life going up.
Yet weed is going down and still people have something to complain about.
There are already 50$ ounces just like anything else quantity or quality.
Electricity is going up, nutrients, shipping, all other bills....
Weed needs to go back up!!!!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Off topic a little still;
I grow fairly good buds, cheaply, outdoors. All organic....
My wife eats the weed I grow...

I dont like it when indoor farmers assume, " If its "outdoor" it can't be "Medical Grade" :mad:
for those folks, I have this to say,

Do You grow your food indoors too? o_O

Just sayin

eta; and please dont hate me for saying that!..LOL :p

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
No worries man. I've just been immersed in it for a long time so it can be frustrating when people don't get what's really going on and why. I don't fault you for that at all. Just trying to get my point across as a 5x dispensary manager. There's two sides to every story and it seems like the dispensaries get the shit end of the stick because people think they're fucking everyone over for simply running a business.
No hard feelings man. I've tried to remain as cordial as possible. I think this is a good thread with valuable info (even if it's a bit off topic). ;)

D
Really Great Post Delae! I think that gave us all a little insight and Made me think a little;)

Those Owners are pretty damn brave!:wacky: or nuts!
and some, like Schwoop that ran Avalon in Long beach are Heros in my book :happy:

It's awesome to have folks like you here, informing folks like me! (that know nothing) ;)

eta..Many will disagree with me..but i think Stephen DeAngelo is a hero too!
Dont hate me! ..lol;)

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter

I dont like it when indoor farmers assume, " If its "outdoor" it can't be "Medical Grade" :mad:

Just sayin

Ken , not saying it's bad you know what your doing to grow good healthy outdoor meds. Some people don't...

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

I'm not sure what your growing and how much work and risk you are putting in, but for those who are growing medical grade, connoisseur grade medicine, working 100 hour weeks and for those who have been doing it for a decade or more to get less and less for increasingly better medicine, I DISAGREE. People with your attitude are going to drive out quality medicine and good farmers out of existence.

Do you think only junk growers think like me? Do you think that nobody who grows great weed only thinks they need to be compensated? I have met through my life in many states ,many good growers who grow medical grade weed that give it freely or at a lower costs. People who have taught me the best thing is to be self sufficient. To pay it forward and not worry about the income of money.People before profit. So I know for a fact that I am notthe only one who believes what I do. If you think my attitude is somehow gonna drive out good farmers I think your mistaken. Marijuana is always gonna have a place in this life, I don't think someone's gonna stop growing great medicine just because I believe it shouldn't be so high of a mark up,lol If my attitude is stronger than someone's desire to grow great great meds than I don't know what to say to that,lol I never had such power in my life to be able to cause someone who has been growing for decades to just up and leave because I believe it shouldn't be too high.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Hahaha wait...WTF? Did you just call me a business owner, a republican AND twist my words to make it seem as though I said "the poor and lazy are full of shit"? Chill out on the Faux News. You want to point political fingers then don't put spin on facts. All 3 of those statements/accusations are false.

I stated facts from years of dealing with people trying to get over on me in the disps. I have never in my life been taken advantage of more so than working in a disp. I spent years in those shops, breaking federal law, waiting to get raided or robbed at any moment only to help as many legit people as I could while on a humble salary. I've helped hundreds of "poor, lazy" people "like how you said" with discounted or free meds whenever I could. Actually, I got fired from a dispensary for giving free meds to a terminal patient who died shortly after.

There are very affordable (poor quality) but affordable meds for "patients" in any price bracket at most disps. Unfortunately some lower income patients to try to hustle the OG off the top shelf for peanuts though.o_O Do you think people go into McDonald's and try to get Big Macks for cheap or free because they're hungry? Do people on a budget go into a liquor store and try to haggle on the price of top shelf single malt scotch or just walk in and go straight for the High Life? You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

This IS a business weather you like it or not. Don't shoot the messenger...
The disp owner I deal with gives it to the ones that need it ...or really cheap , very compassionate people , sticking there necks out to help others....did i say hes a veterans facility mainly...Thank you Dalae for making it available for those people..

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

Yeah grew one plant for 40$. Miracle grow run!! lol
Everyone in dispensaries (minus owners) is already getting paid less than 15/hr. I don see how everyone can justify the price of every single fucking thing in life going up.
Yet weed is going down and still people have something to complain about.
There are already 50$ ounces just like anything else quantity or quality.
Electricity is going up, nutrients, shipping, all other bills....
Weed needs to go back up!!!!

$50 is very low. I wish we had dispensary's like that. lol but like you said, its quality and quantity,I'm not saying it should be that low. But $300 an ounce is high.
I guess I am just tired of how they label their meds as "Top shelf" or "fire" and it aint. Like paying $5 for 1 cookie and after eating it....Nothing. Not even a Buzz. It's expereinces like these that shape and mold me into what I believe. I'm sure there are dispensaries that do have Great meds, I don't doubt that. But as a paying customer, paying a high price should at least get you high if not pain free. If your spending big money on meds it should be worth it.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I like this
Logo

We need that in Cali :)

K

kushsmoker30

Just sayin

very nice bud btw, i've had the privilege of trying it:)

D

drumtalking

I like this
View attachment 313220
We need that in Cali :)

I just returned from visiting grower friends in Northern Washington. I was able to attend the bi-weekly Tacoma Farmer's Market (actually the second time) to assist them with vending (undercover, as one must be a Washington patient in order to enter). I agree that this is the way to go, in order to eliminate price gouging by the dispensaries, and to foster self-sufficiency. Prices there range from under $100 to $220-240/zip for real top shelf, indoor; $5/gram is common. Vendors also sell edibles, concentrates, topicals and clones though not at such bargain prices. The sampling of wares is encouraged and the market space is sometimes so full of smoke it's difficult to see the other end of the room. Patients are verified at the door before being allowed to enter. Both patients and growers benefit...I would love to see this concept adopted further here in Cali!

Aligee

Aligee

I just returned from visiting grower friends in Northern Washington. I was able to attend the bi-weekly Tacoma Farmer's Market (actually the second time) to assist them with vending (undercover, as one must be a Washington patient in order to enter). I agree that this is the way to go, in order to eliminate price gouging by the dispensaries, and to foster self-sufficiency. Prices there range from under $100 to $220-240/zip for real top shelf, indoor; $5/gram is common. Vendors also sell edibles, concentrates, topicals and clones though not at such bargain prices. The sampling of wares is encouraged and the market space is sometimes so full of smoke it's difficult to see the other end of the room. Patients are verified at the door before being allowed to enter. Both patients and growers benefit...I would love to see this concept adopted further here in Cali!
Theres a farmers market up in Clearlake,ca every weekend!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Sooo Friggin Cool!! Thanks for telling us more about it!
Yep That is THE WAY it should Be!!! :woot:
Direct from the farmer......they could even have a steep hill booth testing meds!! ;)

yea Ali smoked me out, very nice tasting meds. i'm 1 of those who tend to stay way from outdoor, but when it's better then alot of the indoor going around u know i'll deff make an exception ;)
:woot: That really makes me smile just like this little guy! > :woot:
Very Kind of you to say that!
Maybe it was All the stress i put those plants though..:rolleyes:
Or it was all the Love I gave them after ;)

Theres a farmers market up in Clearlake,ca every weekend!

:woot: Even Better! I hope it stays there...What are they gonna do bust eveyrone there?

I really think this could be the best way to go!

D

drumtalking

Thanks for the info regarding the Clear Lake farmer's market. I knew only that there was one for clones but not for finished products. I have to qualify that the climate in Washington is very different right now, with a lot of confusion about legalization and a real "hands-off" position by law enforcement in the larger cities along the west coast for both medical and recreational users. While I was there the last time, an inspector from the Tacoma Fire Department came in to check capacity. This required her to walk through the vending area with a look of panic in her eyes, while she apparently tried to hold her breath! During my previous visit, the Health Department dropped in and ordered everyone to stop smoking (the place emptied quickly) and by the following market had determined that only tobacco smoking was prohibited inside. There was something similar here in Sacramento, though open daily and with relatively few vendors and no on-site smoking, that closed along with many other clubs not so long ago. The Tacoma market is open only two days each month and accommodates 60+ vendors; there is a long waiting list for prospective vendors who want to rent a table. Due to the limited access and mostly direct sales (some dispensaries also operate tables there), attendance is high and profitable both for vendors (low overhead/no consignment) and patients--this seems to be the more successful model and someplace I would be willing to drive a reasonable distance in order to attend or vend. I was told that the National Geographic Channel had filmed there a month or so ago for a cannabis-related program that is to air in the Fall. Maybe someone out there is motivated....?

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

Would love to see more of these around. They actually sound like something fun to go to. Meds sound like they would be cheaper if your getting it directly from the growers. I like going to the regular farmers market, I canonly imagine how fun a Cannabis Farmers market would be.

Cort

Cort

Went to a farmers market at a Riverside disp like 2 years ago. Had two guys selling stuff at the same price as the shop. Apparently the shop charged such a large fee to vend at this farmers market it drove the price up to almost match shop prices :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Top Bottom