Met 52 stops Root Aphids

• Thread starter Onespark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

I feel ya, I used this product called pyganics it was a 1.5% pyrethreum mix, as a drench several times in veg. & early flower not much help just $ down the drain.Just like all the other products I have used. I'm giving up on soil made in Nor Cal. trying p-mix. I also just got my first batch of met so that will go in as well. Anybody try met52 with P-mix?

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Sweet hope I am on a fruitfull path. I wanted to know if anyone has tryed this with BTI mos. bits to combat fungus gnats? The directions say do not mix with other insecticides. Has anyone had the guts to try both met and bti? Met cost alot of $ I dont want to ruin its effect. thanks

O

Organicyumyum

Sweet hope I am on a fruitfull path. I wanted to know if anyone has tryed this with BTI mos. bits to combat fungus gnats? The directions say do not mix with other insecticides. Has anyone had the guts to try both met and bti? Met cost alot of $ I dont want to ruin its effect. thanks

fungus gnats will be fully eradicated by using beneficial nematodes. no need to put any kind of pesticide when you can use beneficials. the only thing is you can use pesticides in your soil or you will kill the nematodes. met does not work on fungus gnats.

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

I have tryed the beneficial nems. watered them in every time for six weeks and still lost the battle.

O

Organicyumyum

I have tryed the beneficial nems. watered them in every time for six weeks and still lost the battle.

that's strange. are you sure they are fungus gnats and not flying aphids? anytime i have had fungus gnats the nematodes completely wipe them out within 2 weeks.

Rajajaja

Rajajaja

excellent thread. So has any one had success for over 9 months? those bastards are sneeky

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Positive, the larvae are on the drip tray easy to id. I know I have the RAs too they are on my sticky traps as well. These are super gnats check out my pic w/ them doing the backstroke in neem. WTF? These fuckers are driving me insaine.

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Spotted a few aphids in my new seedlings in coco that has Met52 in it, but was added late. The met has been for like 1 1/2 weeks so hasn't had time to fully go to work. I am going to dissolve some met in water and do a dunk to see if its possible to speed up the spread of the fungus. Also this will drown as many of these lil fuckers as possible. Also releasing 22 million predatory nematodes into all my plants (22 mil total, not each) and using microbe-lift to keep fungus gnats away. No gnats currently.. I need to stop them before they can fully colonize the seedlings . I will let yall know how it goes, fuck I hate these lil fuckers. Also discovered an as yet unidentified small, maggot like pest that has now come in my bags of canna coco several times. They don't seem to cause damage, but I don't want them there unless I put them there, ya know? They are very tiny, white, and flip around like crazy, was told they could be springtails, but I don't think so, maybe. anyone else seeing these? Altimood? Peace all! MOTIV

O

Organicyumyum

has anyone tried using Mighty Wash as a soil drench to kill these bastards? the Met52 still hasn't taken care of my problem, i wonder if i should have doubled or tripled the amount used? I just bought a 5 gallon bottle of Mighty Wash which i have seen work on spider mites. My hypothesis is that if it will kill spider mites like it does, then why can't you use it as a soil drench to kill root aphids? Im hoping someone responds saying they've done it and it works. guess we shall see starting tonight!

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

has anyone tried using Mighty Wash as a soil drench to kill these bastards? the Met52 still hasn't taken care of my problem, i wonder if i should have doubled or tripled the amount used? I just bought a 5 gallon bottle of Mighty Wash which i have seen work on spider mites. My hypothesis is that if it will kill spider mites like it does, then why can't you use it as a soil drench to kill root aphids? Im hoping someone responds saying they've done it and it works. guess we shall see starting tonight!

I hope it works out 4 u.. I'm thinking it should blow them away like the mites.. Please keep us updated on the results

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

The last two runs I used several different products as drenches but not mighty wash. I am still wieghing the results. I'm know it slowed the population down but did not kill them. I also feel that some products where not meant to saturate the root zone. It never killed plants but they didnt look as healthy as they could. It was hard to say what damage was caused by RAs or myself. Good luck yumyum I know your pain.

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
anyone using this with coco and getting great results!

Altimood is in coco, and swears by it. Im in coco too, but just started the met so cant say for sure yet.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Hate to say it, but this shit does not work. I have it mixed into every single pot in my room and it's been there for a solid 3 weeks if not more now and the RA's are still there. WHAT. THE. FUCK. I just spent a shit load of money on Met52. I am fucking pissed right now. Oh and I have it in pots of coco and soil. AND I used 10 grams a gallon instead of 2.

O

Organicyumyum

Hate to say it, but this shit does not work. I have it mixed into every single pot in my room and it's been there for a solid 3 weeks if not more now and the RA's are still there. WHAT. THE. FUCK. I just spent a shit load of money on Met52. I am fucking pissed right now. Oh and I have it in pots of coco and soil. AND I used 10 grams a gallon instead of 2.

im with you bro, it does not work. i only used the 2 grams per gallon, but added more later. pretty pissed, and it's actually been like 6 weeks bro cause you used it a few days before me. i figured by now they would definitely be gone. i just put a whole pound into the last batch of soil i mixed which is four times the amount recommended. hopefully it does something, but im thinking it's not gonna do shit after reading what you have to say.

treebark1950

treebark1950

That's nuts, I've had great success with it. I have been running it now for about 4 months and when I picked up a bunch OG teens that were infested with aphids. I got the met, and applied it at the 2 grm per gallon and it took about 4 weeks and they all disappeared? I did leave them in small container, just 1 gal grow bag, then usual but maybe that helped the met to inoculate at a faster rate?

You said u made a 4lb mix with ur soil. I apply it directly to each smart pot as I transplant. Is there any way your not getting a constant amount to each container?

Boggles my mind as it is def working for me.

Current plants that were treated with met are in promix cut with ffof.

Now I'm running all A1 soil.

Good luck fellas

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Verdict is still out for me, but i think that level of infestation, prep of medium and containers ( pre mix in met before transplant into sterilized containers), cleanliness of environment, etc.... Will all affect the outcome and effectiveness of met52, or any other for that matter. I think some people may think you can just toss this stuff in and wham, problem solved. Most of us know better, i believe, but im curious about the other steps of preparation people have taken. I know that i did a fuckton of stetilization, cleaning, traps, pyrithium bombs, cloning my plants and removing heavily infested root balls and sterilizing containers before transplanting with met. Anybody else do the same? Best of luck to all, fuck these bastard bugs! Peace all! Motiv

O

Organicyumyum

Verdict is still out for me, but i think that level of infestation, prep of medium and containers ( pre mix in met before transplant into sterilized containers), cleanliness of environment, etc.... Will all affect the outcome and effectiveness of met52, or any other for that matter. I think some people may think you can just toss this stuff in and wham, problem solved. Most of us know better, i believe, but im curious about the other steps of preparation people have taken. I know that i did a fuckton of stetilization, cleaning, traps, pyrithium bombs, cloning my plants and removing heavily infested root balls and sterilizing containers before transplanting with met. Anybody else do the same? Best of luck to all, fuck these bastard bugs! Peace all! Motiv

if met works like it says it does, then it should spread throughout the colony until it is fully eradicated. so far, that is not the case and it has been 6 weeks. these fungal spores are supposed to spread from aphid to aphid until all are dead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom