Met 52 stops Root Aphids

• Thread starter Onespark
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
altimood

altimood

Thanks for that post Altimood, it is reassuring. After using so many harsh chemicals to no avail and failing with my first try with MET52 (plants already infected ect.), paranoid, angst ridden and full of Aphid hate only begins to describe my present state. Thus I find myself obsessing on the Cannabis infirmary and Aphids on Christmas Eve! I do feel confidant from all the feedback that MET will ultimately work. I have new cuttings sitting in cups with MET right now so I am about to see for myself. Really appreciate the work Altimood and Onespark put into this and their willingness to share their results. Restores faith in humanity a bit.

Keep the faith bro, good things are coming for you. Back to wrapping presents!!!:sun

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Great pics Altimood! Ugly little Bastards arent they. I too will be finally starting my treatment with Met here very shortly and will share whatever results I find. Good luck to everyone and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
MOTIV

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Good job on this one guys loads of great info. I was starting to feel that it was the slack of the soil companies that pump out soil mixes full of pest in a rush to make as much $$ as they can during this green boom may be responsable for this problem. I am about to change mix once again to combat this . I always try to use local products to give my smoke a Nor Cal . taste, but I'm tired of dealing w/ thier pest so I'm thinking Pro-mix next round. My friends have had good luck with doing this alone. I will follow the leads on this thread to pick up Met. give it a shot w/ the pmix hopefully I could get control of my garden again. For now I was thinking of that foliar fungi packet might work as a drench when in week 6, pretty late flower stage I know. Might try Safer inscectidal soap to condition the already damaged roots. Great pics Altimood I just bought a usb scope for my x-mas present cant wait to get it . Thanks again Onespark. :character0035:

P

purple platypus

Met52 for sale

I need some met52 asap! can someone pm me where I can purchase some met52? I dont have enough posts to pm.

Thank you

N

Nachoconqueso

I have to say thanks for providing this information. Root aphids are extremely difficult to deal with and many solutions that people claim work, simply do not. I'm glad there is finally some real solutions being tested rather than "just Bayer dunk it". Bayer is the worst.

Resinable

Resinable

Does anyone know if MET52 is compatible with insecticidal soaps like M-Pede?

altimood

altimood

Does anyone know if MET52 is compatible with insecticidal soaps like M-Pede?

What you could do is sprinkle a couple grains in a clear beer cup with medium and run a series of tests with different treatments. I predict it will work with just about anything.

Resinable

Resinable

What you could do is sprinkle a couple grains in a clear beer cup with medium and run a series of tests with different treatments. I predict it will work with just about anything.

Good idea Alti, I will give it a try.

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Nice pics, altimood I just bought some met52 should be in the mail. I wanted to ask what are you using to take those images I've been shopping around, and your pics look good. Please send pm w/ info thanks.

altimood

altimood

Nice pics, altimood I just bought some met52 should be in the mail. I wanted to ask what are you using to take those images I've been shopping around, and your pics look good. Please send pm w/ info thanks.

THE 800X :

$45.00 AND UP. Check the link:yes

E

ECOutlaw

MET52 works. I got white roots again! Sucks though I had to take clones from infected plants for my next crop while I was waiting for the MET52 to get back in stock. So the clones were pretty weak when I finally got the them planted in the MET52. I expect my yeilds will suffer this grow due to that fact but its awesome to know I have aphid free clones for my next room. Thanks again so much to those of you who provided this info! -ECOutlaw

B

Buddy Hemphill

Is this correct?

10 grams of Met per gallon

7.5 gallons in a cubic foot

75 grams per cubic foot sound about right?

I have a couple of big planters on deck. Should be around 60 cubic feet of soil.

green punk

green punk

No one has answered, yet... I have questioned if its possible to use a sizable amount(say reuse 1 gallon out of 7) of inoculated medium from a prior run to inoculate the new pots. Its a fungus( and spendy), it may work?

For the record. I killed them off with Evergreen(thanks Masonite). Had them in soil and in my flood tables. They are not native to MT. These things are invasive, from where, I m not sure. I would tend to blame wine country. I spoke with the state Entomologist, he said there is a bug that attacks sugar beets in these parts, but its different than the ones I had.

Resinable

Resinable

Is this correct?

10 grams of Met per gallon

7.5 gallons in a cubic foot

75 grams per cubic foot sound about right?

I have a couple of big planters on deck. Should be around 60 cubic feet of soil.

I believe, the manufacturer recommends between 2 and 6 grams per gallon. I have been using ten grams per gallon; our situation is different from strawberry growers using MET52 to fight off black weevils (or whatever they are called). Keep in mind that not all the grains will sporulate. When transplanting starts into small quart pots or solo cups it is economical to treat with a much heavier dose: beat down the aphids early and get your plants going healthy. Even ten grams per gallon does not visually seem like that much, still plenty of area with no MET for aphids to do their thing. I could see going with twenty grams per gallon especially if you are using Roots Organics soilless mixes which come pretreated with thriving populations of Root Aphids:confused0054:

B

Buddy Hemphill

I believe, the manufacturer recommends between 2 and 6 grams per gallon. I have been using ten grams per gallon; our situation is different from strawberry growers using MET52 to fight off black weevils (or whatever they are called). Keep in mind that not all the grains will sporulate. When transplanting starts into small quart pots or solo cups it is economical to treat with a much heavier dose: beat down the aphids early and get your plants going healthy. Even ten grams per gallon does not visually seem like that much, still plenty of area with no MET for aphids to do their thing. I could see going with twenty grams per gallon especially if you are using Roots Organics soilless mixes which come pretreated with thriving populations of Root Aphids:confused0054:

I use 707 and haven't had a problem. You sure they were IN the Roots?

I have heard this but I dont see how a colony of RA's can thrive without roots to chew on.

Thanks for the info on the dispersal rate, That makes sense, Thats how I use Merit 75. I hit the babies hard and they dont show ill signs.

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Met52 EC liquid

Hi, Great thread. Just got some of the Met52 EC liquid to test out. I'll post up the results for everyone to see in the next few days. This could be an awesome product if you can't integrate the granular met52 into the soil.

The one liter bottle came overnight air with an ice pack in the box. The label said refrigerate immediately. It was still cold.

Here is a pic:

MET52EC
altimood

altimood

Hi, Great thread. Just got some of the Met52 EC liquid to test out. I'll post up the results for everyone to see in the next few days. This could be an awesome product if you can't integrate the granular met52 into the soil.

The one liter bottle came overnight air with an ice pack in the box. The label said refrigerate immediately. It was still cold.

Here is a pic:

Bad ASS> That's awesome! What's the dosage on the liquid and how much is in that bottle?

Resinable

Resinable

I use 707 and haven't had a problem. You sure they were IN the Roots?

I have heard this but I don't see how a colony of RA's can thrive without roots to chew on.

Thanks for the info on the dispersal rate, That makes sense, Thats how I use Merit 75. I hit the babies hard and they dont show ill signs.

Buddy, I am more and more convinced by mounting circumstantial and anecdotal evidence that RAs can come in bags of soilless mix and that I personally have got them that way. I would say I am 95% certain based on the evidence I've seen. Of course that is not the only way RAs are spread. At what rate do you use the Merit; I presume you are talking about Merit 75WP? I would think products like Merit or bayer complete insect killer would be compatible with MET?

That liquid MET looks like it might possibly be more effective than the granular due to more even and thorough coverage. I wonder how they make it?

Top Bottom