Mexican Brick Weed Bagseed Grow

• Thread starter TheGreenHand
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What does everyone think of this project?

• Do you think South America has only Sativa dominate racemes?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R

ROweed

Count me down on the Colombian side. I've been collecting seeds from all kinds of bags in Colombia, mostly swag. Right now I have 6 sprouts and about 20 germin' This is gonna be fun :D

C

caperfarmer902

thats wicket man, congrat on the grow, hope the smokes all that better, keep er goingg!!

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

This is a project I just started. I had come across a large amount of seeds that originated from several different batches of mexican brick weed that spills over into our country every day. My reason for this project is to see what kinda strains are being grown down there. Are the cartels having farmers grow cannabis indiginous to mexico or other south american countries.
Now we all know they grow fields of this stuff, but what I want to know is are the backcrossing the same strain or strains. Everything south of the border seem to be sativa dominate. But is that true throughout the countries in south america? I'd like to do a strain hunters episode for south america but dont have the people willing to take the same risks. This is second pheno I'm posting. The first died from complications.
LOVE!!!!

primordial

primordial

I will be growing beans from mexican stress weed via Chicago in the 90's for this coming outdoor season. The little I know from growing these in the past is very different from modern hybrids currently grown. The seeds I will be popping soon have shown sativa dominant phenos. 77 day minimum with plenty of 3-4 month flowering times harvest no sooner then thanks giving. Pictures coming soon.

TurtleTree

TurtleTree

Nice pics!! Bag weed is a huge gamble. A gamble well worth the roll. I started in 2003 with bagseed. Great experience. Only problem would be if its loaded and I mean loaded with seeds. The more seeds in the brick usually meant worse luck on good genetics if grown. The half pounds that had only a handful of seeds were the best when grown out. I'm guessing a lot of European/american hybrids were grown by whoever produced the brick I was getting. Our brick was sourced from mexico.

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Growing up in SD in the 80s and 90s, we hated the nasty state of the shwag but loved the happy high.

I've recently come to the conclusion that most of the brick we got wasn't a HOG or pure sativa, but was instead more of a skunk. High times mags from the late 70s mention "California Red Hair Sensimilla" in the THMQs and having smoked a lot of mexican landraces, none of them had that same body and head, happy, stupid, giggly all-over high. Whether it was foreign genetics, a hybrid of mexican genetics that has never been bred by honkies or a naturally occuring hybrid (because of altitudes, etc.).

Has anyone else who has worked with la mota comment? If we could give that vato high school stuff a fancy name and find an elite pheno, we'd never need another og kush again ;)

primordial

primordial

LoL. My goal is to find that happy smoke. Basically, mexican brick during my elders time was too strong and the breeders had to breed certain characteristics out in exchange for yield. Great for dealers and bad for stoners, they bred for less potency intentionally so smokers would consume more often and have to buy more I'm guessing this took place in 70's and 80's when coke and other uppers where hitting the streets hard.

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

The closest I've found is old school Skunk 1, but I haven't seen anything that wasn't indica dominant in decades. Some Flo cuts and some Dutch Treat are as close as I've found.

TurtleTree

TurtleTree

I never knew Schwagg farmers were breeding out potency purposely at any point. Interesting info. I'll have to look into it more.

primordial

primordial

I never knew Schwagg farmers were breeding out potency purposely at any point. Interesting info. I'll have to look into it more.
Especially in the sativa dominants, heart thumping "paranoia" was undesirable for the masses....to my understanding those same heart pounding paranoia sativas are the ones desired by the artist stoner in Search of inspiration. A famous artist talked an orchid farmer to grow his mexi bag seed. These same effects, miss interpretation continued and a "hangover" followed the next morning so it was responded with a "smoother" smoke/variety ,which i interpert as weaker smoke...just my two sense.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Any idea what your "dank" hybrid smoke would look like if it went through the same shit brick has been through?
I've grow out mexi brick seed when I was a kid, who hasn't? Some of it was pretty damn good even though we had to take it early. IMO, people way underestimate the true potential of "mexican brick".

primordial

primordial

Any idea what your "dank" hybrid smoke would look like if it went through the same shit brick has been through?
I've grow out mexi brick seed when I was a kid, who hasn't? Some of it was pretty damn good even though we had to take it early. IMO, people way underestimate the true potential of "mexican brick".
I'll be starting thread soon God willing. In breeders section under mexican landraces.

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

I've never heard of breeding for weaker potency as it doesn't make commercial sense, but to clarify what most on here already know, brick or shwag or whatever you called it is 1. A beautiful bud and 2. Nauseating packing procedures.

I get so tired of people asking why you'd plant brick seed. As though there were some lost genus of the cannabis family that grows into a smelly, moldy mess of squished, black buds...

Finally remember that the brick is decarbed, old and beat and the buds still got us stoned. Take a bag of og kush, pour coca cola on it and miz in pebbles and dirt, press it in a vice, leave outside in the sun all summer, outside in the rain a few times, then let me know if I would want to plant seeds of the OG after smoking that. ;)

indicabush

indicabush

Spent some time in El Paso, Tx and was privileged to be taken to some grow sites on the other side of the border.
Mj is now being pollinated with various hybrid Indica's and Sativa's. Was able to go the Oaxaca Mtns and was sorry to see that there were only small patch's of that Landrace still existing. Most of what I saw and smoked was hybrid Mj. The Mexican farmers are now turning out some very good product; However we wouldn't know that because of it's pkg style (brick). Still have friends there on both sides of the Border and receive every once in awhile some very decent seeds. I frankly like what I grow from them and it's always an adventure.

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Spent some time in El Paso, Tx and was privileged to be taken to some grow sites on the other side of the border.
Mj is now being pollinated with various hybrid Indica's and Sativa's. Was able to go the Oaxaca Mtns and was sorry to see that there were only small patch's of that Landrace still existing. Most of what I saw and smoked was hybrid Mj. The Mexican farmers are now turning out some very good product; However we wouldn't know that because of it's pkg style (brick). Still have friends there on both sides of the Border and receive every once in awhile some very decent seeds. I frankly like what I grow from them and it's always an adventure.
Thanks for the real scene info!

What you describe is what interests me; the idea that due to the cross pollination of the Mexican sativas and the beans coming from around the world, there are incalculable mexican dominant hybrids that none of us have ever seen.

Given the popularity of Sour Diesel, OG Kush, California Orange, etc., Mexican genetics are where I see the future for a lot of citrusy, happy cannabis lovers.

indicabush

indicabush

I would not go as far to say incalculable, but Chronic, Aurora, Black Domina, Skunk and Northern Light strains were some of the strains I heard were being used.

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Sorry, to clarify I was referring to the idea that after decades of cross pollination with indigenous mexican strains along with environmental adaptation, that there could be a treasure chest of mexican dominant genetics. A NL5 X Michoacan red hair sounds pretty hip!

indicabush

indicabush

My apologies....I was just playing with you about "incalculable", and your assumption about adaptation is correct.

primordial

primordial

Indigenous to very hIgh (£lavation, very dry, very harsh, and very isolated (no human interaction)...sounds like a very medicinal plant to me....interesting note for thought. Very few mexi brick bags got me, personally, tired or "couch lock". I've always been a working man so maybe if I wasn't working I would have been couch locked. LOL, I mean the mexi seed I'm growing hopefully will not be couch lock nor "sleepy" weed. With all that said i enjoy the sedative Fx of indica when I'm having trouble sleeping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom