Mexican Brick Weed Bagseed Grow

• Thread starter TheGreenHand
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What does everyone think of this project?

• Do you think South America has only Sativa dominate racemes?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
primordial

primordial

Last year was the first year I've grown any other seeds in a quarter century,
so I can't speak to any of that stuff.

Instead of uniformity I always went for diversity,
and I thought all my plants were extremely different from each other;
'till I grew some CookieCrosses, Moonshine Haze and Farmer Mix last year--
each phenotype of those is way more radically different than mine are...
[I'll definitely find-out this year 'cause I liked the new blood so much--
I'm gonna do a dozen new strains this time 'round...]

Most of this breeding stuff is over my head,
all I've ever done (outside/sun only)
was pick my (me an my wife's) favorite females;
pick a few favorite males, cross every female with each of those males;
and see what happens--
rinse-lather-repeat.

I'm just as much The AntiBreeder Heh: by deselection;
~25 years ago I had <maybe> 5% hermaphrodites,
every one removed as soon as it showed;
~10 years ago it was down to <maybe>1-2%,
5 years ago none--
and none since...
Nice. I used to say a successful grow is a hermy free grow, back then I was easily content, now I need it to cure cancer.......

MexaMntnGrow

MexaMntnGrow

Exactly what im trying to do right now in Mexico. Ive secured a nice little spot in the mountains and am experimenting with various strains ive smoked down here. Ive named each patch of grow according to the charactaristics of that strain. Ive just begun 2 weeks ago and have 9 of 24 seedlings popping out of the soil already. I will update.

FarmeR.Jay

FarmeR.Jay

Exactly what im trying to do right now in Mexico. Ive secured a nice little spot in the mountains and am experimenting with various strains ive smoked down here. Ive named each patch of grow according to the charactaristics of that strain. Ive just begun 2 weeks ago and have 9 of 24 seedlings popping out of the soil already. I will update.
Pictures of the grow ? Sounds kick ass

FarmeR.Jay

FarmeR.Jay

Mexican genetics now days can contain almost anything genetically.
Some Mexican farmers were growing imported seed back in the late 70's,and many continue to do so.....

It is not that uncommon to find modern hybrids,Afghani's,Columbian,and Thai genetics in Commercial Mexican Cannabis.The last time I visited friends in Batopillas,they smoked me out with some Super Lemon Haze buds......o_OThey got the seeds from Greenhouse Seeds ,via The Attitude.....

Recently I was gifted some seeds that are from some Zapotec people who have been growing the same strain for 7 generations.It will be interesting to see what these seeds produce....
Do you have a grow diary on here ?

MexaMntnGrow

MexaMntnGrow

Pictures of the grow ? Sounds kick ass

Sure! Ill be uploading pics as i go along and documenting on video. Ive always bought bags of weed here in Mexico and most of the time it was really bad looking but got me pretty stoned. I grew a couple seeds a few years ago of some random Mexico bud and what came out in the end was surprisingly good. My plant was purple and the smoke was very decent. Lots of tricomes. I believe most Mexico bud loses its trichomes in the harvest and storing process as I learned doing a bit of bagging up for a cartel a few years back. They usually cut it down all together, and males, females, sticks stems, leaves, seeds and bugs all compressed together with no drying time or curing whatsoever. By the time the US gets it its probably moldy. I have collected seeds from over 30 different types of mexican brick weed and growing them in the mountains will allow me to see the actual potential of this weed. Unlike mexican weed farmers, I will ensure that no males survive and they recieve proper nutrients, light, water and a proper harvest so that the weed looks sculpted and not compressed in a brick. I am at week 3 and so far 9 have been born.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Sure! Ill be uploading pics as i go along and documenting on video. Ive always bought bags of weed here in Mexico and most of the time it was really bad looking but got me pretty stoned. I grew a couple seeds a few years ago of some random Mexico bud and what came out in the end was surprisingly good. My plant was purple and the smoke was very decent. Lots of tricomes. I believe most Mexico bud loses its trichomes in the harvest and storing process as I learned doing a bit of bagging up for a cartel a few years back. They usually cut it down all together, and males, females, sticks stems, leaves, seeds and bugs all compressed together with no drying time or curing whatsoever. By the time the US gets it its probably moldy. I have collected seeds from over 30 different types of mexican brick weed and growing them in the mountains will allow me to see the actual potential of this weed. Unlike mexican weed farmers, I will ensure that no males survive and they recieve proper nutrients, light, water and a proper harvest so that the weed looks sculpted and not compressed in a brick. I am at week 3 and so far 9 have been born.
Yay!i love a good grow videa on here

FarmeR.Jay

FarmeR.Jay

Sweet ! I'll be around to watch !

Top Bottom