MG's Genetics Bakery

• Thread starter MtGrownCanna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

.......so moving on. This will be much easier for me to keep tack of things. First up is the bad bad bad ass Alien #4, an oldschool version of the LAD. First 2 pics are day 1 of bud, second 2 are day 7. Plant has easily doubled in size.. This S1 pheno has a 4 week stretch and needs a shitload of N to build a massive but flimsy frame for the buds.
Picture 002
Picture 022
Picture 044
Picture 045

Next 4 are the two keeper phenos of Garlic Knots(Garlic Breath x Alien4). Both are day 14, 3gal smartpots. Internode spacing and leaf structure are very different. Both have the same height, growth patterns, and vigor. No resemblance to the mother A4. No issues with nutrients. The other two females I have were sensitive to the nut's during seedling stage, stunting the growth a bit. I'll throw pics up next week of those as well..
Picture 040
Picture 041
Picture 042
Picture 043

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

Before this disappears Jaws....the last cola of Tai Chi #3, still curing. I did save a few seeds from one of the phenos that did not throw bananas. This one unfortunately did. It still turned out kill, with a sour bubblegum flavor. I pulled 5oz cured out of a 3gal smartpot organic super soil, Roots Original, and chunky perlite, with this pheno. I may try and breed her out the herm one day..
Picture 046
Picture 047
Picture 048

JAWS

JAWS

its a shame my friend to lose the #3 but if she's playing dirty she's got to go. ahhhh sour bubblegum you, how bad were the nanners and how late did they show up?.....

im guessing if the seeds are mature then the nanners started pretty early, they need several weeks to mature and be useful. maybe I should have grabbed a pack of those before this last harvest. still a beautiful cola from her.

that ALIEN #4 looks pretty killer and love the training on that one, my friend QQ kind of does something similar to that. if I had more room id diffinetly try that style.

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

The nanners showed up week 11, the plant needed 12. The nanners never opened. As soon as I saw 5 or 6, I cut the plant. 12 weeks is a little too long for me. I like plants to finish by day 70.

The A4 is nice, but as you can see, it's too much work to get monster yields. Hopefully Natural T will read this and post a few of his Garlic Breath buds up on here. The male I used in this cross came from his batch of GB beans. Thanks again brother!

Bad news on the last of four DV Cheese....herming big time! Culled for hash. However, I did find a light leak next to the plant, and the other three phenos did not herm. I'm not having good luck with these Chemdog crosses. I don't like sensitive, unstable crosses. I have a clone of the DV cheese, Cheery Cheesecake pheno, that just went into bud for the second time. It didn't throw bananas the 1st time, but that doesn't mean it won't throw this time..

Im definitely moving on. Crosses lined up are Kill a Haze(Cannalope Haze x Blue Dream), Cannalac Haze(Cannalope Haze x Southern Charm), BBHf2s and BBH bx2s. I will keep the male Cannalope around for further projects, as long as I like the offspring of these crosses. Cannalope Haze is a cross of Mexican Sativa and Original Haze. Blue Dream of course, is Blueberry x Super Silver Haze. BBH is Blue Dream x MMG. Back crossings are done with the female BD and BBH male. Southern Charm, as reported by a well known farmer here, is Black Russian x (Aussie Super Skunk x Jack Flash). I use the Blue Dream in many of my crosses because she's a near perfect plant. But like any other plant, I get bored of her after a few weeks. It is nice to new variations every year.

Mean Martian Green male:
Picture 017

Garlic Breath male:
Picture 025
Picture 026

Blue Dream:
Picture 212

JAWS

JAWS

ahh I see I was thinking you had got seeds from the #3.

ya 70 days is about as long as I want to go, I can push 80 but 70 is the right spot for me.

sorry to here this bro.

Bad news on the last of four DV Cheese....herming big time! Culled for hash. However, I did find a light leak next to the plant, and the other three phenos did not herm. I'm not having good luck with these Chemdog crosses. I don't like sensitive, unstable crosses. I have a clone of the DV cheese, Cheery Cheesecake pheno, that just went into bud for the second time. It didn't throw bananas the 1st time, but that doesn't mean it won't throw this time..

cherry cheesecake HAHAHA sounds yummy!!

good luck on those cannalope's dude, be watching............

nice:)

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

I did get seeds from each of the 4 phenos, but those were f2s I made. I think the seeds were done week 7 or 8, then the bananas showed up 3 weeks later. Crazy..

CCC smells like cherries and turpentine when its wet, but once dry it turns into a smell much like the Snocap or Durban. Not what I'd expect for a Chemdog/sfv/Cheese cross.

I've liked every strain I've smoked from DNA, pre-2009. Then they got a little carried away and now more so with a new "limited genetics" line. I thought Reserva Privada was DNA's luxury line. Three brands....that's one hell of a marketing campaign they have going on.

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

We have a nice cut of Durban here in Denver, if you ever make out this way. ;) So BCS is a Durban cross? And then the BCS was crossed with what to make the GSC?

Picture of the BD is from last year.

JAWS

JAWS

ahh BCS are you meaning BLACK CHERRY SODA?. if so then no my friend I don't thing it has Durban in it, its from subby I believe. been talked about being a BLACKBERRY KUSH mix or possible a mix of plush berry * space jill. just not 100% sure.

different stories on the GSC depending on who you talk to and/what cut you may have in house. something like F1 DURBAN * FLO RIDA or something like that.

peace:)

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

Man....I'm so happy I found a bud of Tai Chi #1 with seeds in it. And I gave my friend Tai Chi #4 seeds a while back. Both of these were 9 - 10 week phenos with no bananas. Maybe I can breed this out in two more generations?? Now that the bud is cured, I NEED to grow these again. That sour bubblegum flavor is killin me.. :)

So Black Cherry Soda is crossed to Space Queen to make the Plushberry. Didn't know that... But I don't like the high of the Plushberry. BCS is an unknown strain, according to seedfinder.. Anyone know what this is??

JAWS

JAWS

good news on the TAI CHI seeds I hope they work for you my friend, and ya if ya want to take the time you could possible breed out nanners!!.

and your killing me with that talk of SOUR BUBBLEGUM it makes my mouth water just a bit!!.

I think that PLUSHBERRY crossed to SPACE JILL "may be" the make up of the BLACK CHERRY SODA, like I said im not sure.

im not saying that black cherry soda * space jill is PLUSHBERRY not at all.

peace:)

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

Crazy shit, Sub likes to do... I got you..

Tai Chi.....it's like eating berry bubblegum and a handful of sour patch kids! :) I should be making wax real soon. I'll take pics of the process..

I read nanners are like an other trait. My theory is- Since it only takes 2 or 3 generations to breed true for any one trait, breeding out the nanners in the same time period should be a problem. However, I have a feeling it isn't going to work that way....we'll see.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Yeah buddy! Looks great MG. The DVCheese was problematic, eh? thats always a crubmy situation. Spend the time and space only to be let down. Oh well forward we go. Keep up the great work man.

Peace

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

Thanks brooda! 1 out of 4 females herm'd on all the tops, nothing else. Really strange. Maybe a little light leak? There is a switch in the wall there and it has the tiniest little slit which lets light through. They're not my style of bud anyway.......pfffff. ;)

Finishing up pollinating the Garlic Knots and A4 with Garlic knots pollen. At this point, with little buds forming, I can see the A4 stretch and budset formation in all but one pheno. That pheno has the longest, skinniest leaves, and is going to lay some pipes! Hope the quality is good. Pics up Sat.

Here is the Tyler White. My last plant 6 days in bud, and a bud from the last batch...
Picture 058
Picture 057
Picture 056

You can see a nanner sticking out in the middle of the bottom bud here. That's what they are.. ..unopened nanners and only a handful on the plant. I've never had and hermi s1s found in the bud so I didn't really care. The vigor and resiliency of this plant is unmatched. It doesn't need but a few days cure before the whole house smells like skunky pine sap. I never cough after bong hits....the smoke is very smooth. The Tai Chi gave me COPD after one week of smoking it. The high hits me in the eyes, ears, and face, then launches me in the direction of the refrigerator. For easy harvesting, the plant is ready when the top buds turn purple. Works every time, right around ten weeks. But this is it.

"Like a steam locomotive, rolling down the track......she's gone, she's gone, nothing's gonna bring her back, oh no she's gone."
-Jerry

Like you said HB, on to something better that works, and I have plenty to test out..

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

Her's a quicky of the DVC, 13 days in bud. I snipped the 5th internode during veg. The plant didn't like that very much. After a ton of pruning and staking, this is all I have for the 10gal smartpot. Even though the buds are kill, I'm not a fan of this growth pattern.....culling it.

Picture 059
Picture 060

homebrew420

homebrew420

The Thai Chi dried flowers are spectacular! The contrast of color are eye catching. Nicely done.
The DVCh is exactly how I had pictured her to grow. Lucky guess.
Keep us post brotha

Peace

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

HB- Yep.....she's gets pissy when you touch her. I kept her around because Bshdctr and Dispo wanted to grow her out. I'm headed up to the Rocks to ride today. I'll try to swing by the shop if I have time. Sampler jar for you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom