michigan growers, How are your flower Aug 27

• Thread starter flowerdave
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

45 year Michigander here, kazoo area moved to Tampa area 4 years ago and I’m on the total other side I don’t miss it a bit ! Well mayb the leaf change - had the opposite challenge with plants I kept tellin my wife she couldn’t grow flowers in December ! I was wrong , you still a more consistent environment- we do have seasons here in fla I call em the dry and wet season . Lol
We have seasons. Tourist and a week in December for winter.

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

A cool down coming this week. 89 again today with screaming Humidity.
Low 80's next week with hopefully lower RH.
It has been a battle this summer. Just hope the rains hold off in late September early October, and no early FROST. The Farmers almanac says first frost is Oct. 4th. Sure hope they are WRONG.
I'll be going to a fabric store to buy material to cover them up, or something. Hoping a few will be finished by then ?

Moshmen

Moshmen

I was foaled In northern Indiana and the only thing I miss about it is lightning bugs and glow worms!
In the ft . Wayne / south bend area today. Lol and it’s funny you miss the lightning bugs - that’s the first thing my says she misses!

MagicSeth

MagicSeth

A cool down coming this week. 89 again today with screaming Humidity.
Low 80's next week with hopefully lower RH.
It has been a battle this summer. Just hope the rains hold off in late September early October, and no early FROST. The Farmers almanac says first frost is Oct. 4th. Sure hope they are WRONG.
I'll be going to a fabric store to buy material to cover them up, or something. Hoping a few will be finished by then ?
I don't stress about a light frost here is why. This is from Robert Bergman and my personal experience. All you would loose is bag appeal .oops here its goes peace.
THC will not be affected by the frost. But, plant tissue can incur some damage. Temperatures that dip below 48.2F (9C) usually affect the marijuana plant in some way. Leaves will suffer damage and need to repair themselves prior to resuming growth or ripening—a process that could take a few days of good weather to complete. If cold weather persists for several days, the damage to the plant is multiplied because it is weakened and increasingly less capable of repairing itself.

To return the marijuana plant to normalcy, the temperature needs to rise into the 60’s, and the plants need to get adequate sunlight to power photosynthesis. When temperatures dip even further down to 40F (4C), leaves, flowers, and other plant parts suffer even more. It takes a couple of days for a plant to fully recover from the damage, and it’s not likely because of the generally cloudy conditions associated with fall. The energy (sunlight) available is limited and the maturation of the bud and THC production is curtailed. Stopping the production of THC helps the plant save energy, particularly when it’s not needed to protect from insects and UV light. Under these conditions, the THC that the marijuana plant already produced is not eradicated by the frost, but you won’t find any new production. Unless there is a genuine possibility of warm, sunny weather in the forecast, you’ll probably want to harvest the marijuana plants. Robert Bergman

MagicSeth

MagicSeth

I don't stress about a light frost here is why. This is from Robert Bergman and my personal experience. All you would loose is bag appeal .oops here its goes peace.
THC will not be affected by the frost. But, plant tissue can incur some damage. Temperatures that dip below 48.2F (9C) usually affect the marijuana plant in some way. Leaves will suffer damage and need to repair themselves prior to resuming growth or ripening—a process that could take a few days of good weather to complete. If cold weather persists for several days, the damage to the plant is multiplied because it is weakened and increasingly less capable of repairing itself.

To return the marijuana plant to normalcy, the temperature needs to rise into the 60’s, and the plants need to get adequate sunlight to power photosynthesis. When temperatures dip even further down to 40F (4C), leaves, flowers, and other plant parts suffer even more. It takes a couple of days for a plant to fully recover from the damage, and it’s not likely because of the generally cloudy conditions associated with fall. The energy (sunlight) available is limited and the maturation of the bud and THC production is curtailed. Stopping the production of THC helps the plant save energy, particularly when it’s not needed to protect from insects and UV light. Under these conditions, the THC that the marijuana plant already produced is not eradicated by the frost, but you won’t find any new production. Unless there is a genuine possibility of warm, sunny weather in the forecast, you’ll probably want to harvest the marijuana plants. Robert Bergman
In addendum; The most important factor in all disease , mold even frost issues is some Healthy Plants.

flowerdave

flowerdave

Anyone lose their trees the last few weeks ? A fellow Michigander lost a couple to straight line winds
I have to tape a few of my branches. luckily I had pounded 4 steel poles and had wire fencing around it. Sorry for your friend . Its hard to lose one after watching them grow all summer

JJS009

JJS009

Anyone lose their trees the last few weeks ? A fellow Michigander lost a couple to straight line winds
I had one get thrashed (pics above), my dad had one break off at ground level and a shit ton of branches decide they didnt wanna be there anymore, been pretty lucky for the amount of shit weather we have had lately

Moshmen

Moshmen

I had one get thrashed (pics above), my dad had one break off at ground level and a shit ton of branches decide they didnt wanna be there anymore, been pretty lucky for the amount of shit weather we have had lately
Been one of those years ! Makes me appreciate being indoors! Lol

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

Its been an awesome yr to invest in Teflon or duct tape,lol. Best thing I did was put cages around mine or they'd all be beat up
Hoping this last month or so just chills out and takes it easy on us

rayi

rayi

Tried a new strain Critical Blue. Small plant huge buds don't know how it tastes and the way it's going I may never know. Had to cut most of the huge buds due to rot. Will never grow it outside again.

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Just thought I'd see how everyone is holding up. Weather has been PERFECT for a change eh.
5 more weeks or so and hoping to harvest. It would be frickin sweet if the weather stayed like this, Mid 70's and 55 to 60% RH.

Couple photos of my Gorilla Zkittlez putting on some weight.
Flower 1

Flower 2

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Can recall if I asked what Strains you have going there Dave.
Any mold issues ? Bugs ?
Started from seed or Clones ?
Thinking ahead for next year as far as a nice mold resistant strain for here in Mich.
My Gorilla ZkittleZ seems to be doing "Ok" with mold ( wpm, septoria). But my Dos si Dos is struggling with it as is my Wattermellon ZkittleZ. I have a Mendo Kush that has been problem free.
Definitely gonna git my hands on more of those for next year.

Top Bottom