Mike Pence, Trump’s Vp Pick, Is Bad News For Cannabis Reform

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xavier7995

xavier7995

A gentleman I know FROM THE INTERNET actually placed a pretty large bet on trump to take it using some shady gambling websites. Muahaha, the mocking shall commence shortly.

Edit: flipping to flower tonight, will use this as a good omen to get all hippie dippy about it.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

A gentleman I know FROM THE INTERNET actually placed a pretty large bet on trump to take it using some shady gambling websites. Muahaha, the mocking shall commence shortly.

Edit: flipping to flower tonight, will use this as a good omen to get all hippie dippy about it.
I got dicked in the whole fulltilt/pokerstars etc fiasco's so I don't have anything on those sites, but there are some good prop bets to be had, not as many as the super bowl but the action is there if you're looking.

edit:
God damn hippies

More, from oddsshark:
these vote percentages are insane.

Political Party to win the popular vote
  • Democratic -450
  • Republican +325
Total States Won by the Democratic Party
  • OVER 25.5 -110
  • UNDER 25.5 -120
Hillary Clinton Total Electoral College Votes
  • OVER 299.5 -175
  • UNDER 299.5 +145
Total States Won by the Republican Party
  • OVER 25.5 -125
  • UNDER 25.5 -105
Donald Trump Total Electoral College Votes
  • OVER 238.5 +145
  • UNDER 238.5 -175
What will the voter turnout be for the Election
  • OVER 58.50% -120
  • UNDER 58.50% -110
Donald Trump vote percentage
  • 37.99% or less +2200
  • 38.00% to 40.99% +1000
  • 41.00% to 43.99% +260
  • 44.00% to 46.99% +140
  • 47.00% to 49.99% +400
  • 50.00% or more +650
Hillary Clinton vote percentage
  • 40.99% or less +2000
  • 41.00% to 43.99% +2000
  • 44.00% to 46.99% +500
  • 47.00% to 49.99% EVEN
  • 50.00% to 52.99% +275
  • 53.00% or more +650

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Despite opinions about WHo will be bad for marijuana, the public has spoken in several states, including
the Vote in California, is huge.. Yes on cannabis. Here is a map showing the breakdown by county in Cali.
Puff Puff Pass brothers!

Cherry cookie 2465 W

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Psychonaut47

Psychonaut47

The NFL would be subject to federal rules which still prohibit marijuana, I think the most you can hope for is that they don't test for it like the NBA [citation needed].
I wish I had a link or reference for you but I didn't tag it when I read it but worth the search all though I couldn't find the article I did hear the same news on CPR...DEA is going to allow c medical cannabis oil across all 50 states, I cannot recall as to when this will take into effect. I know it's unlikely to happen over night but there is documented action in that direction, fwiw.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I wish I had a link or reference for you but I didn't tag it when I read it but worth the search all though I couldn't find the article I did hear the same news on CPR...DEA is going to allow c medical cannabis oil across all 50 states, I cannot recall as to when this will take into effect. I know it's unlikely to happen over night but there is documented action in that direction, fwiw.
Then cite your source. Marijuana is schedule one, and you should know what it says if you are going to comment on related matters. You might be referring to CBD oil, but that's not cannabis. You also might be referring to what might happen if cannabis is rescheduled, but it was not, and it's not going to be changed anytime soon.

I think you might be referring to CBD oil produced from hemp, but that's most definitely not cannabis and it's certainly not crossing state lines. wiki the commerce clause and how it relates to controlled substances. I'm going to assume you know that cannabis is schedule one. According to the DEA, there is nothing medical about marijuana, which is the definition of a schedule one drug.

If I am mistaken, how do you propose they would do it, selling pot oil across state lines? If anything I have been hearing rumblings about big pharma wanting to distribute hemp extracts. Is that what you are talking about?

I'm not going to call you a liar, but I see the exact opposite of what you are stating. If we are talking what-ifs and unicorns, let's make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Schedule I Controlled Substances
Substances in this schedule have no currently accepted medical use in the United States, a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision, and a high potential for abuse.

Some examples of substances listed in Schedule I are: heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), marijuana (cannabis), peyote, methaqualone, and 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (“Ecstasy”).

tdarian

tdarian

Still, I would not underestimate the influence, either way, that a Bob Craft or perhaps even a moist NFL cheerleader might have on Trump.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Still, I would not underestimate the influence, either way, that a Bob Craft or perhaps even a moist NFL cheerleader might have on Trump.
Trump will not be grabbing medical marijuana or that cheerleader's pussy.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I'm not sure if you are just new or if you are practicing padding your post count for later dick measuring, but your link without explanation doesn't tell us anything about the donald grabbing any pussy.

psychonaut, you silly guy, go post some more 'memes' if you aren't going to participate in this forum. I missed where you posted that 'documentation in that direction' as it relates to football or whatever the fuck you were attempting on that one.

tdarian

tdarian

Yes LocalGrowGuy, I am new around here. I dropped that link into the wrong thread, my iPhone motor skills must have been in a medicinally compromised state. It happens. What was referenced on Trump came from Trump and acusers but that's water under the bridge.

I could care less about my post counts. I only joined the forum after my friend and neighbor George (geologic) died on August 9th, and that was to notify a moderator here of his passing. You won't see much from me other than questions about strains and cutivating and screaming bloody murder if the Feds do get active.

tdarian

tdarian

We may have a problem!
When I looked up Jeff Seesions and his stance on Cannabis I found this:

In another controversial remark about Ku Klux Klan members, Sessions said, “I used to think they’re okay,” until learning that some were “pot smokers,” according to the sworn statements by the civil rights attorneys, who had worked with Sessions.”

Edit: I also received this letter from the Drug Policy Alliance this morning. Good grief!

Tom,

This was our worst nightmare.

Donald Trump has picked Jeff Sessions to be the next Attorney General.

It really couldn’t get any worse.

Over these last four years we’ve made great gains across the political spectrum toward treating drug use as a health issue, not a criminal one. Jeff Sessions will try to dismantle all that.

Jeff Sessions is a drug war extremist. There’s really no way around that.

As a U.S. Senator from Alabama, Sessions called for increased federal marijuana enforcement, and said “good people don’t smoke marijuana.” He once joked that his only issue with the Ku Klux Klan was their drug use. He was even denied a federal judgeship 30 years ago, by a Republican-controlled Senate, for racist views.

Get ready for raids on marijuana businesses. Get ready for militarized, Reagan-era drug war tactics.

We can’t let this stand.

The Drug Policy Alliance and our allies will fight Jeff Sessions’ nomination in the Senate tooth and nail. He won’t be nominated until Donald Trump takes office and the new Congress is in session. But with only six new Senators taking office, we must start fighting now.

Tell your Senators to oppose Jeff Sessions for Attorney General.

This nomination makes it clear that the new administration will be an enemy of drug policy reform, and we’ll be fighting to defend our hard fought victories for the next four years.

You can help us fight any and all attempts to expand the drug war by becoming a sustaining member today. We’re going to need all the help we can get over these next four years, and just $10 a month will go a long way.

We will fight to preserve everything we’ve gained, and we’ll never stop advocating for drug laws grounded in science, compassion, health and human rights.

Piper_headshot_120.jpe

Sincerely,

Bill Piper
Director of National Affairs
Drug Policy Alliance

Last edited:
xavier7995

xavier7995

I think they just want you to send em 10 bucks:mushtache:

Best case in my view is if they just leave it up to states, doesn't look great for that to come true, but eh...dare to dream. Might be a rough wakeup call for many folks that got used to doing the legal grows.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I think they just want you to send em 10 bucks:mushtache:

Best case in my view is if they just leave it up to states, doesn't look great for that to come true, but eh...dare to dream. Might be a rough wakeup call for many folks that got used to doing the legal grows.
I'm glad that the election made it that much more unpossible to change, modify, or even eliminate A20 and other parts of our state constitution. Let Jeff fuck around with states where it's easier to push his agenda, I'm not concerned about Colorado.

Yet.

tdarian

tdarian

http://patch.com/maine/augusta/jeff-sessions-marijuana

WASHINGTON, DC — Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions, President-elect Donald Trump's pick for attorney general, on Tuesday offered a hazy picture of how he would handle the issue of marijuana. Eight states have legalized recreational marijuana, and the Obama administration has not enforced the federal marijuana ban.

During Sessions' confirmation hearings Tuesday on Capitol Hill, Vermont Sen. Patrick Leahy asked Sessions about his views on marijuana.

"I won’t commit to never enforcing federal law," Sessions said.

In previous comments, Sessions has been staunchly anti-pot. He said he opposes legal recreational marijuana and called the Obama administration's pot policy "untenable."

"Good people don't smoke marijuana," Sessions said during a Senate hearing in April.

On Tuesday, Sessions refrained from talking about his own views on marijuana and instead pointed to the federal ban. He said, "Congress should pass a law" if there's popular support to end the prohibition. He added that it shouldn't be the attorney general's job to decide which laws should be enforced.

"We should enforce the laws as we are able," Sessions said.

In November, voters in Maine, Massachusetts, California and Nevada legalized recreational marijuana, which is already legal in Colorado, Oregon, Washington and Alaska.

President Obama's administration has adopted a wait-and-see approach — a policy that Trump appears to favor.

"Marijuana should be a state issue," Trump said in 2015.

During a morning and early afternoon of mostly congenial questions and answers, Sessions sought to establish himself as a future top U.S. attorney who would operate independently from the president who appointed him.

He said he disagrees with a total ban on Muslim immigration into the United States, another idea Trump floated during the campaign. And if criminal charges were to be brought against former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton — Trump's Democratic opponent — Sessions said he would want it to be done by a special prosecutor.

Trump threatened as much against Clinton during one of the pair's presidential debates.

Sessions is the first of Trump's appointees to receive a hearing, and the setting should be a familiar one for the Alabama politician. Sessions has sat as a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee for much of his 20-year tenure in Congress.

Top Bottom