Mikedin’s garden center, Let’s grow!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Morning, Mike! Lookin spectacular in that tent!
Thanks fam! It’s really starting to explode now!

Just an FYI to everyone to get to your local garden center to get start getting your spring vegetable seeds.. before assholes like me but the places out as soon as the seeds hit the shelves 🤣

Hit a score this morning they were just stocking the racks, and they let me know the new spring shipment of promix is on its way 😁

IMG 2386
Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Just an FYI to everyone to get to your local garden center to get start getting your spring vegetable seeds.. before assholes like me but the places out as soon as the seeds hit the shelves 🤣

Hit a score this morning they were just stocking the racks, and they let me know the new spring shipment of promix is on its way 😁
Haha i got a pot of some test carrots in my tent. Some heirloom multi-colored varieties. The whole things are edible.. so if i need to pull them early atleast i'll have some greens

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I usually just yank them unless they showing some type of progress in node formation. I’ve only seen it in cuttings. It think that it caused by post rooting, full on switch into veg. I think it tries to play catch up. They will turn back up though. Throws oblong leaves too. But if it transitions into a node I’m bout it. 👊🏻
Oh, besides them only showing on cuts,
It’s also spurred by where exactly you took the cut from, was it above or below node? At a joint ect, it can have a bearing as well.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

……………psssssssst
I’ve been keeping my wife from buying sub par cherry pepper seeds bc I know yours are coming. Burpee seeds are a crap shoot.
Don’t forget now homie. 😜

I’ll even grow and show if I can join the garden centers subsidiary squad hahahaha.
Always fun checking out what you aren’t doing. Yes arent. It’s easier to keep track that way 🤣🧨

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Oh, besides them only showing on cuts,
It’s also spurred by where exactly you took the cut from, was it above or below node? At a joint ect, it can have a bearing as well.
Hmm I’m not really sure where I took it I would guess a middle from the center when I was thinning is usually when I take them, good possibility, I’m watching to see what she does because the mother dosent look bad herself 😁

……………psssssssst
I’ve been keeping my wife from buying sub par cherry pepper seeds bc I know yours are coming. Burpee seeds are a crap shoot.
Don’t forget now homie. 😜

I’ll even grow and show if I can join the garden centers subsidiary squad hahahaha.
Always fun checking out what you aren’t doing. Yes arent. It’s easier to keep track that way 🤣🧨
Yep yep homie just testing to check viability if there good then I have a bunch 😁👊👊 just popped 4 into soil this morning 😁

Haha i got a pot of some test carrots in my tent. Some heirloom multi-colored varieties. The whole things are edible.. so if i need to pull them early atleast i'll have some greens
Been busy all day haha, getting the garden semi ready, doing a covered garden this year so went out and did a bit of messing adariund and tarped them out, I’ll leave it like this till I’m ready to plant crazy the whole ground is completely thawed, about 1” of frost near the sides of the garden but the rest had no frost at all, this is thick woven plastic sheeting won’t degrade and worked awesome around the peppers last year so I tarped out anywhere that tomatoes will be etc this year and we’ll see how it goes

Went and dug out all the 1020’s and 4 pack planters, I have these 72 cell treys I’ve never tried but seem like theyd be a a pain in the ass to get the seedlings out of for transplanting so I think I’ll stick with the bigger cells

IMG 2388
IMG 2389
IMG 2390
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Hmm I’m not really sure where I took it I would guess a middle from the center when I was thinning is usually when I take them, good possibility, I’m watching to see what she does because the mother dosent look bad herself 😁

Yep yep homie just testing to check viability if there good then I have a bunch 😁👊👊 just popped 4 into soil this morning 😁

Been busy all day haha, getting the garden semi ready, doing a covered garden this year so went out and did a bit of messing adariund and tarped them out, I’ll leave it like this till I’m ready to plant crazy the whole ground is completely thawed, about 1” of frost near the sides of the garden but the rest had no frost at all, this is thick woven plastic sheeting won’t degrade and worked awesome around the peppers last year so I tarped out anywhere that tomatoes will be etc this year and we’ll see how it goes

Went and dug out all the 1020’s and 4 pack planters, I have these 72 cell treys I’ve never tried but seem like theyd be a a pain in the ass to get the seedlings out of for transplanting so I think I’ll stick with the bigger cells
I’m jealous you get to fill all those seed starters. Doing it right bro!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Well happy Valentine’s Day all,

Did some watering this morning and… I snapped a branch, ending week 7 since flip

Worst stress about it, wired her a brace and then wired her to another stake she’ll be fine but I’ll track it for anyone interested in what happens if they snap a brach mid to late in flower

Hope everyone’s having a great day

Disclaimer
Men don’t forget to get your wife flowers (or a bouquet of buds) it’s D-day, miss it and you’ll wish you diddnt 🥸

IMG 2552
IMG 2554
IMG 2555
IMG 2556
IMG 2558
IMG 2559
IMG 2560
IMG 2561
Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Well happy Valentine’s Day all,

Did some watering this morning and… I snapped a branch, ending week 7 since flip

Worst stress about it, wired her a brace and then wired her to another stake she’ll be fine but I’ll track it for anyone interested in what happens if they snap a brach mid to late in flower

Hope everyone’s having a great day

Disclaimer
Men don’t forget to get your wife flowers (or a bouquet of buds) it’s D-day, miss it and you’ll wish you diddnt 🥸
Hahah that disclaimer is on point!

Top Bottom