Mikedin’s garden center, Let’s grow!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
What’s up folks! Been busy as FUCK but the girls got a watering this morning at lights on, I’ll try to remember to grab pics tomorrow when lights come on again, but we do have photos of veggie starts and of course Frostette #1 and Frostette #2 as well as a couple cali blues freak clones

IMG 3798
IMG 3821
IMG 3822
IMG 3824
IMG 3825
IMG 3826
IMG 3827
IMG 3828
IMG 3829
IMG 3823
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Whoa, those buds are looking fire, man!
Thanks fam! Glad I took another clone of the freak pheno I’ll defenitly be saving it with how blueberry it is cured just a full face punch of blueberry. I’ll keep a cut of both of these frostettes as well if I can do runs of 3 plants I can fill this 8’ net no problem so that'll probably be my end goal is a mother of each and one of each per run, but we’ll see 😁

Eledin

Eledin

Wow youre a bussy man hahaha, the advanced ones look promissing, so many pistils already! Maybe you can help me, Ive grown sprouts for salads and lettuce just fine but I have a potato that has 2 months and I had to top twice already because it wont stop growing and the fucker doesnt go to flower! Currently at 12-12 with some photos in my cardboard indoor, any ideas? Maybe I should wait more? Reduce hours?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Wow youre a bussy man hahaha, the advanced ones look promissing, so many pistils already! Maybe you can help me, Ive grown sprouts for salads and lettuce just fine but I have a potato that has 2 months and I had to top twice already because it wont stop growing and the fucker doesnt go to flower! Currently at 12-12 with some photos in my cardboard indoor, any ideas? Maybe I should wait more? Reduce hours?
Gunna be even busier haha just got back from the store gotta go cut 3 -4 acres of grass, hit the beach for a bit roll a few doobs up and start mixin up some soil for the veggie up pots

Gunna be a mix of 1/3 COM tomatoes and veggies, 1/3 COM potting soil and 1/3 pro-Mix BX M

So still all OMRI organic listed ingredients

First time using these COM bags I’ve used the stoningham blend before though with great results

IMG 3883
Eledin

Eledin

Gunna be even busier haha just got back from the store gotta go cut 3 -4 acres of grass, hit the beach for a bit roll a few doobs up and start mixin up some soil for the veggie up pots

Gunna be a mix of 1/3 COM tomatoes and veggies, 1/3 COM potting soil and 1/3 pro-Mix BX M

So still all OMRI organic listed ingredients

First time using these COM bags I’ve used the stoningham blend before though with great results
Oh my, you make envious with so many quality ammendments and soil. You would think that the country that hosts the spannabis, one of the most important cannabis cups, would have a lot of brands to choose from but when it comes to organic we dont have jackshit 😢 no gaia green, no fox farms, nothing, just a couple of spanish brands with very limited catalog plus change.
Back to my potato, any idea why is not flowering? 1 month at 18-6 and currently 1 month of 12-12. I dont fertilize it but Ive used leftover nute water a couple of times, the rest has been just water. Ill give it some PK when it starts flowering though.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Did you stack them up or just let them grow as is? Usually potatoes like to be hilled up in rows as they grow up people usually follow the plant growth up with dirt, I’ve seen some cool hay stack ideas, maybe try up potting it and leave it far down in a taller pot and bury half the stem, let it grow up and stretch and then bury more

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Oh my, you make envious with so many quality ammendments and soil. You would think that the country that hosts the spannabis, one of the most important cannabis cups, would have a lot of brands to choose from but when it comes to organic we dont have jackshit 😢 no gaia green, no fox farms, nothing, just a couple of spanish brands with very limited catalog plus change.
Back to my potato, any idea why is not flowering? 1 month at 18-6 and currently 1 month of 12-12. I dont fertilize it but Ive used leftover nute water a couple of times, the rest has been just water. Ill give it some PK when it starts flowering though.
View attachment 2158159
Possibly too restricted at the root / tuber level and it knows it to its resisting flowering, I’d up pot at least double or triple the pot

Eledin

Eledin

Possibly too restricted at the root / tuber level and it knows it to its resisting flowering, I’d up pot at least double or triple the pot
Welp... thats what I thought, its too big for such a pot but its already a 6,6 gallon pot (25 liters). I think Ill have to chop it, I dont have space for a bigger pot, its pretty packed I moved 2 plants to be able to make the pic from the potato.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
View attachment 2158159
IMO these bags are nice for ease of up potting, normally I’d use only the promix and amend fully with my mix but veggies are quite resilient, and like the heavy food early but let them stay in the same pot for more than a few weeks and you’ll see them start to stunt quickly, same as cannabis, which is the reason I up pot so frequently through veg, each time you let the root ball curl too long against the pot edge it’s a tad more difficult for them to to use their outward grow and they have to recalibrate their growth direction, so letting them hit the side of the pot, and then let them go another week, and then up pot. It’s all about minimal stress until they hit the dirt

Eledin

Eledin

IMO these bags are nice for ease of up potting, normally I’d use only the promix and amend fully with my mix but veggies are quite resilient, and like the heavy food early but let them stay in the same pot for more than a few weeks and you’ll see them start to stunt quickly, same as cannabis, which is the reason I up pot so frequently through veg, each time you let the root ball curl too long against the pot edge it’s a tad more difficult for them to to use their outward grow and they have to recalibrate their growth direction, so letting them hit the side of the pot, and then let them go another week, and then up pot. It’s all about minimal stress until they hit the dirt
Thank you, al of that is valuable information! Now that I think about it, the substrate I used was ammended months ago... I think it just had too much food, grew too much, and now it has no space for the potatos, right? I didnt have any other soil to use but next time Ill use some biobizz light mix which only has an EC of around 1.0 so its very light and I will use a smaller pot so I can transplant later on when its a few weeks away from flower. Im used to planting my germinated seeds in the final pot and I never had rootbound problems because I use big pots but this potato grew like it was magic hahaha, its toped and defoliated, it was a mess.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Thank you, al of that is valuable information! Now that I think about it, the substrate I used was ammended months ago... I think it just had too much food, grew too much, and now it has no space for the potatos, right? I didnt have any other soil to use but next time Ill use some biobizz light mix which only has an EC of around 1.0 so its very light and I will use a smaller pot so I can transplant later on when its a few weeks away from flower. Im used to planting my germinated seeds in the final pot and I never had rootbound problems because I use big pots but this potato grew like it was magic hahaha, its toped and defoliated, it was a mess.
Well spring is coming you could set up a good yard spot for them anywhere? Or even doa garbage can grow, buy a small 20gal garbage can and use it as a pot

Not all is lost! 🤣

Top Bottom