Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamie73

Jamie73

I really need to ask, you might have posted it. Before I finish with my Multiple Sclerosis infusion I have to ask, what nutrients are you using. I'm in the marked to change up my grow. Been using regular. Soil notes. Same size pots you use, similar soil set up. 1100 watts of LEDs. Roughly 700 watt equivalent to Sodium / MH lighting. Looking for that girth.
Thank you

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I really need to ask, you might have posted it. Before I finish with my Multiple Sclerosis infusion I have to ask, what nutrients are you using. I'm in the marked to change up my grow. Been using regular. Soil notes. Same size pots you use, similar soil set up. 1100 watts of LEDs. Roughly 700 watt equivalent to Sodium / MH lighting. Looking for that girth.
Thank you

Big buds dont come from specific nutes. They come from proper plant care especially proper watering and a hospitable stable environment and good genetics.

But i use ocean forest with 25% large perlite mixed in and then only pure blend pro grow each watering once the soil depletws of nutes around week 2 of flower. (3 weeks in final pot).

I got similar results with botanicare kind and a powdered nute made by a breeder in spain.

Jamie73

Jamie73

Big buds dont come from specific nutes. They come from proper plant care especially proper watering and a hospitable stable environment and good genetics.

But i use ocean forest with 25% large perlite mixed in and then only pure blend pro grow each watering once the soil depletws of nutes around week 2 of flower. (3 weeks in final pot).

I got similar results with botanicare kind and a powdered nute made by a breeder in spain.
Thank you. I don't use much nutrients. Didn't know if you used root supplements.
Thank you

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

No additives of any kind. But i may switch back to pro mix and that would have myco added.
I'm not given to bells and whistles and I don't have too many fancy bottles on my shelf but I just bought a fat sack of mykos

since I ran out last summer whenever I would pull a harvested plants root mass out of the pot I'd noticed a big difference in mass, and pretty sure I've noticed a difference in yield too, good stuff!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I think you're going to be hard pressed to do much better in any soiless mix than you already do In FFOF.

Not to say you'll do worse, but likely the same once you're dialed in. You'll just use a bit more nutrients is all. And I'll bet you'll see a bit faster veg growth, but again not by much.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think you're going to be hard pressed to do much better in any soiless mix than you already do In FFOF.

Not to say you'll do worse, but likely the same once you're dialed in. You'll just use a bit more nutrients is all. And I'll bet you'll see a bit faster veg growth, but again not by much.

Thats what i was thinking. With the on again off again nature of organic growth replaced with faster drainage and nutes added during veg i should have a more developed plant going into flower. Same benefit during transition. Should mean higher yield. I may need some more blue light in the flower room to keep things more compact. I could replace an hps with a hortilux blue to test.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well the store was out of ocean forest and i admit i am tired of trying to get it. So i got a bale of this.

031C43B3 AE49 48C5 A2E7 B6DDE23A1821

No more mixing perlite amd should hold me for months.

It used to have a starter nute charge but does not anymore. Still has dolomite and calcitic lime for short and long acting effect.

And the bale is only 2 months old. Pretty fresh. I noticed it says best used in 12 months right on the bag.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Well the store was out of ocean forest and i admit i am tired of trying to get it. So i got a bale of this.

View attachment 932572

No more mixing perlite amd should hold me for months.

It used to have a starter nute charge but does not anymore. Still has dolomite and calcitic lime for short and long acting effect.

And the bale is only 2 months old. Pretty fresh. I noticed it says best used in 12 months right on the bag.

Sweet! I'm excited to see what you pull off with it. Interesting that they dont do the starter charge anymore. I found you would sometimes get a hot bag that had way too much food in it, I'd actually prefer it without the starter. That's one of the reasons I switched to proterra was it didnt have ferts in it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sweet! I'm excited to see what you pull off with it. Interesting that they dont do the starter charge anymore. I found you would sometimes get a hot bag that had way too much food in it, I'd actually prefer it without the starter. That's one of the reasons I switched to proterra was it didnt have ferts in it.

Yeah apparently the canadian bales still have the charge. I prefer it because with transplants i can still get through veg water only. But i guess i should start fertilizing about week 2 from seed? And what about watering in clones. Maybe just 5ml pbp grow. .8 ec with my water.

???

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Harvested the 2 worse plants last night. They bulked up pretty good considering. Pic is after yellowed and burnt remaining leaves were removed for harvest.

Not proud of this work but the flowers are actually pretty frosty and sticky. We will see about potency soon.

No camera flash
766AC691 A595 4211 967F 09FE7C5A8BF8

Camera flash used
7AF7B6A7 CD7D 4D6F 96CE 719FC336D168

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom