• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I did that to a plant a while back. Only drank every 10 days or so but ended up with 2oz of big bald buds on her.
That the Galiano Candy I've had trouble with all along this grow. I sexed her by 3 days in flower then returned her to veg for another month. She didn't like that treatment and just kept developing her buds slowly in veg, growing trident leaves. She lost most of her leaves after 3rd week in flower. They died off and I trimmed them.
I have 2 others at 3 weeks of flower I didn't sex and they still have all their leaves. I've been feeding very heavy for the last month and it seems to be doing the trick. Odd smell though I hate to say it but it smells likew the Inside of a prison, musty with a whiff of aftershave. Don't ask how I recognize that sent.

This is a pic at 2 weeks into flower

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks you know one of my mini reveg clones was from her. Now its getting really stringy. Lol.
Hi MiMed, I have a question about ppm readings. I feed these 2 Galiano 10/10/15/ml +5ml Kool Bloom/gallon. at now 3 weeks of veg & have been except Kool Bloom for a month. I know way too much for most plants but they're healthy and keeping the leaves on.

Okay so the PPM reads 1100 after feed and 4 days later after watering its down to 600ppm. Does that mean they're eating the food and keep feeding as I have been until the water reading is too high. The ph isn't moving much it stays around 6.60 Is the amount of drop in readings an indication of the amount of feed its going through?

Any help would be great in helping me better understand what the numbers mean, Thanks.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hi MiMed, I have a question about ppm readings. I feed these 2 Galiano 10/10/15/ml +5ml Kool Bloom/gallon. at now 3 weeks of veg & have been except Kool Bloom for a month. I know way too much for most plants but they're healthy and keeping the leaves on.

Okay so the PPM reads 1100 after feed and 4 days later after watering its down to 600ppm. Does that mean they're eating the food and keep feeding as I have been until the water reading is too high. The ph isn't moving much it stays around 6.60 Is the amount of drop in readings an indication of the amount of feed its going through?

Any help would be great in helping me better understand what the numbers mean, Thanks.

Yes it means they ate most of the difference. But with high feeding more leftover nutes will build up. They dont take up all of it in ratio.

I prefer to have about 800ppm (1.6ec) max and watch it go down to 300 ppm and then feed. I feed most every watwring like that. I have found the closer i feed to the plants needs the better the flavor and potency is. Excess nutes tend to cause bad flavor.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yes it means they ate most of the difference. But with high feeding more leftover nutes will build up. They dont take up all of it in ratio.

I prefer to have about 800ppm (1.6ec) max and watch it go down to 300 ppm and then feed. I feed most every watwring like that. I have found the closer i feed to the plants needs the better the flavor and potency is. Excess nutes tend to cause bad flavor.
yes thanks, I don't like giving them this much feed but its the opposite to the last run on these and they still have leaves, that to me at this point is a yea ha moment . I'll pull back now on the grow and micro but i'm going to keep the bloom and Kool bloom high for another few weeks before I back off on them as well. I know its recommended not to give flower nutes until week 3 but by this time on the last grow they had few viable leaves and they were drying up and dying daily It looked pretty sad. 1st pic is the plant with the big bud on earlier pic last night at about the same age as this plant I've been feeding heavy for the last month.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

yes thanks, I don't like giving them this much feed but its the opposite to the last run on these and they still have leaves, that to me at this point is a yea ha moment . I'll pull back now on the grow and micro but i'm going to keep the bloom and Kool bloom high for another few weeks before I back off on them as well. I know its recommended not to give flower nutes until week 3 but by this time on the last grow they had few viable leaves and they were drying up and dying daily It looked pretty sad. 1st pic is the plant with the big bud on earlier pic last night at about the same age as this plant I've been feeding heavy for the last month.View attachment 960704

I can see thick dark curled down leaves. Next will come calcium spots and then potassium edge burns i bet if you dont back off some. Leaves should be more medium green and flat and sticking out more level.

I think you might want to find medium ground between the last grow and this one.

Dropping the base grow nute and keeping pk stuff only will add to this problem in my opinion.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I can see thick dark curled down leaves. Next will come calcium spots and then potassium edge burns i bet if you dont back off some. Leaves should be more medium green and flat and sticking out more level.

I think you might want to find medium ground between the last grow and this one.

Dropping the base grow nute and keeping pk stuff only will add to this problem in my opinion.
Thanks, I had just pulled it out to feed it and it was drooping a bit but I hear you and have cut back on the micro and grow but fed 15 ml bloom and 5 ml kool bloom / gal. I just read ppm 870 and ph 6.55. I haven't noticed burnt tips I was looking for them because of my feeding but I don't see any. Now that they're at this point and have kept their leaves I'm happy & I'll cut back as you recommend, I've been leery of giving them too much but I haven't seen any indication that it's causing problems. I don't have your eye and I appreciate your advice.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Couldnt agree more

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I grow mostly from seed so every new plant is an experiment in dialing in nute strength. For better or for worse. Lol.
Really just describing what you saw is of great help, I know not what to look for other than burnt tips and ugly leaves says I'm doing something wrong. This is what we called PM ( preventive maintenance ) seeing something wrong and fixing it before it becomes a problem, knowing the tell tale signs that an installation maybe overloaded,unbalanced or other mechanical vibrations that tell you somethings not right.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I appreciate the second opinion. :-) i feel confident in my analysis with you backing it up. I have no formal education like you do.
Well, to be fair the vast bulk of my formal education is in growing sports field turf. But grass is grass right? haha after all turf is just millions of little plants. When people ask what I do for a living, I tell them I grow grass lol.

Nevertheless, I also appreciate it when we see eye to eye on things, which while not all the time, it happens quite a bit. I value your science based, rational perspectives on growing technique and like you said, it's nice to have your analysis backed up by another grower.

Last edited:
stanknkatz

stanknkatz

Meant to ask when I posted the other day. I looked back a few pages but didn't see, who did that OG Kush x Trainwreck?

Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

That's a crazy personal posession limit. My medi-license let's me grow 49 plants and have up to 7 pounds at home and half pound on my person in public. Add to that Canadas legal status, I can also grow an additional 4 plants and give up to an ounce to anyone anytime.
Nice healthy looking plants you've got there though. Thanks for sharing.
One day, one day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom