• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Guys, promix isnt soil. I've rinsed it periodically plenty of times to correct rootzone imbalances, and it's never been anything but a positive doing so. Even with its cec you are still feeding it chelated nutrient solution.

I'm not saying I'd rinse your pots MiMed as I wouldnt go by ph, I'd go by ppm of the runoff. Just saying I've done it a million times and it's only ever benefited the plants as far as I could tell. I'll stand by the belief that it's better to correct something that's off rather than let them stew in it. Promix is much harder to overwater than people give it credit for, I ran it in fabrics beside my rockwool and fed 5.7ph nutes pretty much hydroponically all through flower with no dryback ever, and no issues.

RustyHillbilly

RustyHillbilly

Guys, promix isnt soil. I've rinsed it periodically plenty of times to correct rootzone imbalances, and it's never been anything but a positive doing so. Even with its cec you are still feeding it chelated nutrient solution.

I'm not saying I'd rinse your pots MiMed as I wouldnt go by ph, I'd go by ppm of the runoff. Just saying I've done it a million times and it's only ever benefited the plants as far as I could tell. I'll stand by the belief that it's better to correct something that's off rather than let them stew in it. Promix is much harder to overwater than people give it credit for, I ran it in fabrics beside my rockwool and fed 5.7ph nutes pretty much hydroponically all through flower with no dryback ever, and no issues.

luv that profile pic bro.... all beans were made in Ocean Forest , with killer teas and very very small amounts of CNS17 , so question, havent seen any1 post yet, but , does how the beans were made, effect the type of grow they try and run em? so far have seen a bunch of diff styles over the years... DWC, soil, Hydro, etc... u would think that running the beans , the same way they were made would be optimum , correct? any 1 can jump here ....any info would be appreciated ~

dire wolf

dire wolf

luv that profile pic bro.... all beans were made in Ocean Forest , with killer teas and very very small amounts of CNS17 , so question, havent seen any1 post yet, but , does how the beans were made, effect the type of grow they try and run em? so far have seen a bunch of diff styles over the years... DWC, soil, Hydro, etc... u would think that running the beans , the same way they were made would be optimum , correct? any 1 can jump here ....any info would be appreciated ~
Pretty sure you can run em any way you want , i dont think they have a genetic connection to the medium they werr raised in .?.......

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i never really cared for pro mix,but i also only went with 20% perlite ,i looked into upgrading my outdoor pots with it but 80 bucks a bail,that be a no.
if i ever use indoors again it be 50/50 perlite,pro mix

RustyHillbilly

RustyHillbilly

i never really cared for pro mix,but i also only went with 20% perlite ,i looked into upgrading my outdoor pots with it but 80 bucks a bail,that be a no.
if i ever use indoors again it be 50/50 perlite,pro mix

see ur back, all good brother..... and never cared for the ProMix as well...we have been thru vermiculite, perlite, coco, peat, wool, soil, DWC, ....pretty much evrythng besides aquaponics , and there used to be some cool threads of the aquaponics long time ago ...hows the Big State doin with this stupid virus sht down yonder?

Hidd3nGr0w

Hidd3nGr0w

I am by no means a pro, but in my experience medium does not effect genetics as @dire wolf stated. Not talking about plant size, taste, and smell, but talking genetics. What the plant is capable of producing.

You can selective breed, but even then you will only get what the plant is genetically capable of producing.

I have found that medium does effect nose and taste and I think that is where we get the old saying, "if you want want the breeder bred, then grow like the breeder grew"

RustyHillbilly

RustyHillbilly

I am by no means a pro, but in my experience medium does not effect genetics as @dire wolf stated. Not talking about plant size, taste, and smell, but talking genetics. What the plant is capable of producing.

You can selective breed, but even then you will only get what the plant is genetically capable of producing.

I have found that medium does effect nose and taste and I think that is where we get the old saying, "if you want want the breeder bred, then grow like the breeder grew"

exactly what I was gettin at... the mediums produce diff flavors and smells, perfect example, back in day ran 2 same clones DJ Shorts Blueberry side by side, one vermiculite , one soil..... the soil blew the vermic doors off....bigtime.... and that was 30 yrs ago....the sht yall are doin now is blowin us old guys heads off man... trial and error = mileage ~ Keep Rockin evry1

RustyHillbilly

RustyHillbilly

and BTW, there is no fuckin rules about whos sht u can use and cross with, but, the old skool proper edicate is to ask the breeder if its ok to cross their line, and usually its always a yes.... have had folks ask me if its ok , and have never said No, and have asked sht ton if its ok, and they always say yes....Oldys White Blaze x Hyper Glue is great man..... rock that sht....dont / never understood wtf the problem is... haters gonna hate , but us older guys dont give 2 shts about these new rules, ur 50 years late lmao... just go with it , Find em and be happy , its medicine man.... can u dig it?

BigCube

BigCube

I bet if you breed in one medium and then later once stable grow in a different medium, you will notice the difference.
But the potential isnt going to change.

Something might be said about growing it in the medium that the breeder used to get a full grasp on the breeders creation from their perspective. I think this is a good idea if it's not too much trouble for the grower.

RustyHillbilly

RustyHillbilly

I bet if you breed in one medium and then later once stable grow in a different medium, you will notice the difference.
But the potential isnt going to change.

Something might be said about growing it in the medium that the breeder used to get a full grasp on the breeders creation from their perspective. I think this is a good idea if it's not too much trouble for the grower.

have seen soil , with DWC compared... same cut, same strain.... they will tend to get diff terps , takes alot of research to get it down ....

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

see ur back, all good brother..... and never cared for the ProMix as well...we have been thru vermiculite, perlite, coco, peat, wool, soil, DWC, ....pretty much evrythng besides aquaponics , and there used to be some cool threads of the aquaponics long time ago ...hows the Big State doin with this stupid virus sht down yonder?
i have no clue,it just a regular flu to me,comes around every year,just this year the lab coats messed up and got caught covering it up hahahah,crazy crap dont effect me im stuck at home in a chair anyway .
i did get my container garden rolling damn back yard full of damn bees right now ,they loving the flowers ,corn is month old and 4 1/2 ft tall so good there ,and that it,not much going on this year lazy ass lives here hahah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

and BTW, there is no fuckin rules about whos sht u can use and cross with, but, the old skool proper edicate is to ask the breeder if its ok to cross their line, and usually its always a yes.... have had folks ask me if its ok , and have never said No, and have asked sht ton if its ok, and they always say yes....Oldys White Blaze x Hyper Glue is great man..... rock that sht....dont / never understood wtf the problem is... haters gonna hate , but us older guys dont give 2 shts about these new rules, ur 50 years late lmao... just go with it , Find em and be happy , its medicine man.... can u dig it?
growing greens blaze and acapoco is pretty damn good too,mama run the stuff while i was getting my oil change belts and hoses replaced ,i got out hospital and took cuts and them clones are about finished,coco blasted there ass,smoke is good ,be the last i grow for a while take me and my girlfriend at least a year to smoke it all hahah.
he did a jam up job on it though

BigCube

BigCube

have seen soil , with DWC compared... same cut, same strain.... they will tend to get diff terps , takes alot of research to get it down ....

I'm sure. I'm no scientician but... I totally believe that each terpene type needs it's own "food" or more likely abundance of certain proteins.

So yeah, I believe it. Different mediums and fortifications/nutrients would definitely produce different levels of different terpenes. At least that's what i think, havent looked up terpene structure and development, so I'm not sure how they work. Lol

Getting an actual schedule from the breeder would actually be the best way to grow I guess lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom