Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

$80 a bale!! Holy fuk man... Wow. It's like $32 Canadian for a 107L bale here.
canada is were that price is at,pro mix is made right there,i talk to a rep to see which would work best in my heat here,he recomended the product so looked at there prices ,shit damn near every bail was high dollar,i was gonna fill my 24 totes behind the house here with it ,until i seen the price,needless to say im still running amended soil hahahh,i just put some minor elements in it ,ran a few test and got every thing back on track,took 3 test and try to get it done,so i found and trying some mylar on my containers this year,give you a damn sunburn putting the shit on the totes,but the claim is and as of so far working ,the reflective mylar make the wasp of a squash vine boer seem like it is upside down,they go to ground level and sting and inject a parisite into the plant base ,then the boer worm eats plant inside out,but so far it is working i havent had any wasp able to sting the plant.
works great for 2 things,first keeping containers cool by reflecting sun and heat,next the reflection makes the bugs hunt for the plant ,bees have no issue finding the flowers ,but grass hopper and such get mind boggled as to were the new growth is and i already mentioned wasp ,so i took coffe mate container ,drilled holes in it,buried it in the soil and beside it i planted the seeds,covered with mylar,cut x in it for the opening of the water container and a 3in circle for the seed and plant,so far all good and squash coming in like crazy,i can eat that but cant have leafy veggies for some reason

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

$14 last fall at Home Depot, haven't been there since the China virus so I don't know the price now?
Screenshot 20200130 135820 Chrome

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

canada is were that price is at,pro mix is made right there,i talk to a rep to see which would work best in my heat here,he recomended the product so looked at there prices ,shit damn near every bail was high dollar,i was gonna fill my 24 totes behind the house here with it ,until i seen the price,needless to say im still running amended soil hahahh,i just put some minor elements in it ,ran a few test and got every thing back on track,took 3 test and try to get it done,so i found and trying some mylar on my containers this year,give you a damn sunburn putting the shit on the totes,but the claim is and as of so far working ,the reflective mylar make the wasp of a squash vine boer seem like it is upside down,they go to ground level and sting and inject a parisite into the plant base ,then the boer worm eats plant inside out,but so far it is working i havent had any wasp able to sting the plant.
works great for 2 things,first keeping containers cool by reflecting sun and heat,next the reflection makes the bugs hunt for the plant ,bees have no issue finding the flowers ,but grass hopper and such get mind boggled as to were the new growth is and i already mentioned wasp ,so i took coffe mate container ,drilled holes in it,buried it in the soil and beside it i planted the seeds,covered with mylar,cut x in it for the opening of the water container and a 3in circle for the seed and plant,so far all good and squash coming in like crazy,i can eat that but cant have leafy veggies for some reason
Good old Canadian sphagnum peat moss. I'm trying out sunshine 4 right now. I'm really liking the mix. 25-35% perlite and 20% vermiculite added. The drainage is pretty dam good. Better than prmoix myco. Never used the HP though

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

$14 last fall at Home Depot, haven't been there since the China virus so I don't know the price now?
View attachment 979167
only way i can get it is special order from the depot,i dont like the place enough for that,burns my ass they have folks standing in front of that bitch to get in a get a 2x4,ill stand out in a line for a gallon of milk ,i be damn if i stand in a line for a damn 2x4,first off if you dont have tits dont expect them to do nothing but run from you if you need help of any kind,then they want to act like they care about your health ,come on man its a damn lumber yard every thing in that bitch has more than just a damn flu on it .
i can get peat moss there for 12 bucks a bail and make ,but my whole deal was to not have to do that anymore,not impossible but really damn hard to mix soil with a 14in long scar right down the center of your chest hahahah

there is more things to worry of than this crap ,it is yourself,no shit all this stuff going on should be a every day practice,wash your shit stay out folks face if you freaking sick stay home ,all every day life taken for granite

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Good old Canadian sphagnum peat moss. I'm trying out sunshine 4 right now. I'm really liking the mix. 25-35% perlite and 20% vermiculite added. The drainage is pretty dam good. Better than prmoix myco. Never used the HP though
the pro mix factory is there if im not mistaken,think i sent med a link to them before https://www.pthorticulture.com/en/t...o-mix-growing-media-for-edible-crops-peppers/
these are the folks i talked to and they sure wont try to give you a deal on bulk,if you check this out they even have a cannabis mix

newh

newh

i have no clue,it just a regular flu to me,comes around every year,just this year the lab coats messed up and got caught covering it up hahahah,crazy crap dont effect me im stuck at home in a chair anyway .
i did get my container garden rolling damn back yard full of damn bees right now ,they loving the flowers ,corn is month old and 4 1/2 ft tall so good there ,and that it,not much going on this year lazy ass lives here hahah
its good to see ya oldy.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Wow i missed a lot of stuff today. Well im going to the lake to paddle some kayak before work this evening.

Welcome all. Love to see my thread active.

See ya!
you want to hear crazy,they still have are state parks with no camping and day use only,no boats or kayaks either,just day use hahahah

420hobbygrower

420hobbygrower

Been doing some reviewing on how to manage the pro mix hp i started using again. When I learned how to do this stuff after reading weed grow books and every subject I could think of on the weed forums I turned to the greenhouse crop industry. 8 years ago or so when i started reading greenhouse guides and university articles there was no cannabis info specifically.

This morning when I searched how to manage ec and ph in a soiless medium I found this.

Just going to leave it here hoping interested growers will read it all and we might have a discussion.

This is the university info on cannabis ec.

And here is a linked e book (traditional crops)

Cannabis specific PH monitoring and control.

And to compare here is Dinafems ec info and guide.

:-)

Old post but I learned a ton from this, thanks. Hopefully I understand it correctly lol.

I was originally thinking because my water is high in iron that I would need to be particularly careful about keeping my Ph from dropping too low to avoid iron toxicity, but it sounds like that may not be as big of an issue with cannabis compared to other plants. Although you were thinking your recent issues may have been iron related?? I guess if it drops way low then it’s more of an issue.

Either way I will try to keep my ph within 6.2 - 6.7, but maybe I won’t have to worry myself to death over it. (growing in soil)

420hobbygrower

420hobbygrower

Also, I didn’t realize I should subtract my water EC from the fertilizer/water solution EC to get to the appropriate level for feeding. Am I understanding that correctly? Say I am supposed to feed 1.0 EC, and my water is 0.5 EC, then my feeding solution should be 1.5 EC? (my cheap TDS meter says my water is 310 ppm / 0.62 EC).

This nugget is particularly helpful though. “EC of drained water – original EC = excess EC... and
Original EC – excess EC = EC value for the next watering”

The one article says soil based grows don’t have to worry about water EC as much. Obviously there would be a limit to that. Hoping that’s true because I don’t want to purchase a RO system.

I’m taking water samples to a lab tomorrow, so I’ll probably have some questions about that at some point. I’ll start a new thread tho so I don’t blow yours up haha.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Also, I didn’t realize I should subtract my water EC from the fertilizer/water solution EC to get to the appropriate level for feeding. Am I understanding that correctly? Say I am supposed to feed 1.0 EC, and my water is 0.5 EC, then my feeding solution should be 1.5 EC? (my cheap TDS meter says my water is 310 ppm / 0.62 EC).

This nugget is particularly helpful though. “EC of drained water – original EC = excess EC... and
Original EC – excess EC = EC value for the next watering”

The one article says soil based grows don’t have to worry about water EC as much. Obviously there would be a limit to that. Hoping that’s true because I don’t want to purchase a RO system.

I’m taking water samples to a lab tomorrow, so I’ll probably have some questions about that at some point. I’ll start a new thread tho so I don’t blow yours up haha.
on the hannah scale ,or 500 scale 1.0 ec is 500 ppm,so if you are trying to feed 500 parts per million and you already have 0.5 which is 250ppm you only add another 0.5 or 250 ppm to have a total of 1.0 or 500ppm on the hannah 500 scale,regardless of what scale ec is always the same.but when it say feed at 1.0 that is a total number mate

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

you want to hear crazy,they still have are state parks with no camping and day use only,no boats or kayaks either,just day use hahahah

There were trucks with boat trailers from Virginia and Wisconsin parked at the public launch. Folks not taking lockdown too seriously.

We have been allowed to go to parks and stuff the whole time. But mototboats were not allowed at first. We were not allowed to go to second homes and cabins. But our governor caved and allowed it. We have had a few protests at the capital.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Old post but I learned a ton from this, thanks. Hopefully I understand it correctly lol.

I was originally thinking because my water is high in iron that I would need to be particularly careful about keeping my Ph from dropping too low to avoid iron toxicity, but it sounds like that may not be as big of an issue with cannabis compared to other plants. Although you were thinking your recent issues may have been iron related?? I guess if it drops way low then it’s more of an issue.

Either way I will try to keep my ph within 6.2 - 6.7, but maybe I won’t have to worry myself to death over it. (growing in soil)

I am pretty sure the gallon of pure blend pro i was using has gone bad. It had some sediment the last time i used it and i have never seen that before. It seemed like the nitrogen and potassium were compromised.

Now that i am using fresh dyna grow all plants are green or greening back up.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

There were trucks with boat trailers from Virginia and Wisconsin parked at the public launch. Folks not taking lockdown too seriously.

We have been allowed to go to parks and stuff the whole time. But mototboats were not allowed at first. We were not allowed to go to second homes and cabins. But our governor caved and allowed it. We have had a few protests at the capital.
closed the schools down and bussiness taking percautions that about it here,nothing blown out like most tell me,i havent kept up with any of it,my wife look at it ever now and then ,i just dont care,hahahah,thats the least of my worries.
i forgot what fishing and boating was anyway,i got a 25 hp mercury laying on my sidewalk ,the boat is 4 hrs away at my cabin sitting in oh about 6ft deep of weeds hahaha,just dont have any spunk left ,i get there one day and get it in the back of my truck hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom