Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

All good nute stuff, I use pure blend pro grow all the way thru, I tried other bottle nutes but didn’t have great results, some horrific! Lmao - I love readin u guys conversations and experiences. I know they will be beneficial in future as my skill increases
too hard on yourself bro,we all trainees learning new stuff every day,i just figured out today i was a stud,right ,dont laugh,i was out in my boxers washing some totes and wasnt paying attention ,heard something and loked up ,there tha mail lady was had her tongue hanging out the side of her face drooling ,hahaah no shit i was busted ,so just walked up to her jeep and got my box of gypsum and told her have anice day she said it had been pretty good thus far hahahah ya baby

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

have you tried ditching the silica ?might not need ph down if you do so,silica rise the ph pretty quick at least the stuff i use to use did,armor or something along those lines,i ditched it and if plants needed suport later in i just tied them up to hold um

No i am just now trying the silica for the first time because i am not using amended soil and natural based nutes containing enough silica.

The current tissue tests and info is showing silica is used by the plant as much as calcium.

So far my veg is growing faster and stronger and also better branching wih pro mix hp and dyna grow foliage pro and protect (which is what the president of dyna grow recommends from the cannabis testing) than with ocean forest and pure blend pro grow.

I have not finished flowers yet to compare final results but have 2 plants only foliage pro fed that are in stretch now.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You're 100% right on their "selectivity" and spreading things out among as many products as possible, but I learned how to grow using most of their line and now stick with the trio plus several other supplements. I find it gives me a much more precise nutrient breakdown and more control over exact levels etc...

I've yet to use ocean forest as I'm a happy frog 🐸 guy

For me i compared happy frog and ocean forest side by side and also 50/50 mixed and all three runs ocean forest rooted better and grew bigger faster plants.

Fox farm says clearly that happy frog is their “budget” container option. Ocean forest is their premium potting soil.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

you should also try that alasken morbloom home depot sells 0-10-10 beleive it or not it drop oh ,i used to drop ph on my soil grow ,drops ph and give the p and k you need crazy but it true

I look at it over time. I simply followed dyna grows directions as i had deficient plants in flower from the bad pure blend pro.

But after metering runoff a few cycles i will have a good idea how what i am using affects the medium over time. I will adjust things after that. I simply dropped the ph down with pure blend pro and their kind trio as the ph would gradually drop in flower and yellow leaves prematurely. After i stopped adjusting they could flower 12 weeks and stay green and happy.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

too hard on yourself bro,we all trainees learning new stuff every day,i just figured out today i was a stud,right ,dont laugh,i was out in my boxers washing some totes and wasnt paying attention ,heard something and loked up ,there tha mail lady was had her tongue hanging out the side of her face drooling ,hahaah no shit i was busted ,so just walked up to her jeep and got my box of gypsum and told her have anice day she said it had been pretty good thus far hahahah ya baby

You sexy bastard! :-)

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
For me i compared happy frog and ocean forest side by side and also 50/50 mixed and all three runs ocean forest rooted better and grew bigger faster plants.

Fox farm says clearly that happy frog is their “budget” container option. Ocean forest is their premium potting soil.

Interesting. I'll be trying it this summer, as OF is also a bit cheaper per cubic foot than happy frog.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

You sexy bastard! :-)
bro i couldnt say nothing ,do nothing ,but take my package while she checked out mine,my wife called me a damn idiot,but hey gets hot down here in texas,im old man you know hahahah,i garuntee i had to be blushing crippled old bastard in his draws washing pots like a broke dick hahahaha.
she did the shit on purpose too,in the 3 or so years here she has never drove down to the basement end of house to deliver my packages ,ive always had to tote the shit down this freaking hill.
teach this damn women to turn her man loose ha

Moshmen

Moshmen

I look at it over time. I simply followed dyna grows directions as i had deficient plants in flower from the bad pure blend pro.

But after metering runoff a few cycles i will have a good idea how what i am using affects the medium over time. I will adjust things after that. I simply dropped the ph down with pure blend pro and their kind trio as the ph would gradually drop in flower and yellow leaves prematurely. After i stopped adjusting they could flower 12 weeks and stay green and happy.
I think this may be happening to me right now. Next cycle no adjustment and we will see

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Interesting. I'll be trying it this summer, as OF is also a bit cheaper per cubic foot than happy frog.
the thing about ocean forest is dont feed it for about 3 weeks,folks try to add nutes and burn there gear up ,then say it too hot,it not the soil the soil is made to just add water pretty much threw veg at least if you roll with a 1 month veg.
i have even transplanted at 4 weeks into fresh ocean and went into flower for 3 weeks before adding nutes,getting past transition and stretch before feeding.
only used happy frog one time so dont really have much experience with it,but ocean is my soil grow for cannbis soil of choice,i think it was med that hear a while back got ahold of some old wet ocean that gave him hell,im not sure i visit 4 difrent sites daily,but get a light bag and off the top of pallet if you can

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I think this may be happening to me right now. Next cycle no adjustment and we will see
im gonna have to try and convince you into growing in some coco mosh,only down fall is it is work ,i feed mine at 10 pm lights on and again at 8 am when i get out of bed damn that the one that kills me hahaha,but you keep the ph and ppm in check all you do is feed the stuff and you see with your own eyes how fast it grows ,no joke the shit blast,sometimes to fast ,have you scrambling for room

Moshmen

Moshmen

im gonna have to try and convince you into growing in some coco mosh,only down fall is it is work ,i feed mine at 10 pm lights on and again at 8 am when i get out of bed damn that the one that kills me hahaha,but you keep the ph and ppm in check all you do is feed the stuff and you see with your own eyes how fast it grows ,no joke the shit blast,sometimes to fast ,have you scrambling for room
Not gonna take much convincing over the next I have the Mrs. permission to turn our 6x10 kustom enclosed trailer into our new grow space! Full environment control and after all the success I see, hell ya coco or full blown hydro idk. But I got 6-8 months to decide and yes it will be automated we gonna spend the money and do it close to right!
Thanx ya all have a great nite

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Hey guys, not sure if your aware, but Scott's Miracle Gro purchased General Hydroponics and Botanicare back in 2015.

Scott's Miracle Gro is a front for Monsanto. These are dirty guys who business practices do not align with hydroponic growers.

Don't give these crooks your money!

If you want to read the original article, and I really suggest you do as it is eye opening....

Moshmen

Moshmen

Hey guys, not sure if your aware, but Scott's Miracle Gro purchased General Hydroponics and Botanicare back in 2015.

Scott's Miracle Gro is a front for Monsanto. These are dirty guys who business practices do not align with hydroponic growers.

Don't give these crooks your money!

If you want to read the original article, and I really suggest you do as it is eye opening....

Agreed, but Monsanto owns like oh idk like almost everything! Hard to get away from em assholes

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
[/

I think its the other way around. OF is a 1.5 cu bag. Happy frog 2 cu

Yup lol Absolutely right. That being said, the nursery I get both from has a price per cubic foot difference of less than $5. Probably why I always assumed they were similar enough not to matter. Based on ingredients alone though, I could still see myself using HF since it contains more microbes/beneficials than OF. I still plan on giving it a try....and with the way things have been with this quarantine I may not have a choice lol HF has been sold out at 99% of the places I frequent 😒

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
the thing about ocean forest is dont feed it for about 3 weeks,folks try to add nutes and burn there gear up ,then say it too hot,it not the soil the soil is made to just add water pretty much threw veg at least if you roll with a 1 month veg.
i have even transplanted at 4 weeks into fresh ocean and went into flower for 3 weeks before adding nutes,getting past transition and stretch before feeding.
only used happy frog one time so dont really have much experience with it,but ocean is my soil grow for cannbis soil of choice,i think it was med that hear a while back got ahold of some old wet ocean that gave him hell,im not sure i visit 4 difrent sites daily,but get a light bag and off the top of pallet if you can

100% right! HF is the same in terms of feeding though. Not once have I needed to feed sooner than 2-3 weeks. Friends of mine that have, burn the shit outta their plants 🤣 Of course they blame the dirt 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom