Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Came across a Michigan company called Budget Grow Lights.

Found this in the FAQ. It matches what i have read from the led builders like HLG on another forum.

Many keep recommending Alibaba companies like kingbrite. I dont recommend supporting these factories in any way but politics and economics aside the quality you get is very hit or miss. And counterfeit parts are common.

Why are you more expensive than Alibaba Quantum Board Kits?
Alibaba quantum board kits are often made from poor quality materials, have a low SMT process (how the diode is attached to the board), and only have a 1 year warranty. In our testing, they also use low bin diodes and have poor circuit designs that cause heat issues. They are also notorious for using fake spectrums and knock off diodes. Our boards are made out of high quality aluminum & copper. Same goes for our heat sink and other electrical components. Our SMT process is up there with the best. That is why we warranty our product for 3 years.

I think i would try this company as an alternative to hlg.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Im just throwing them away with the dirt into the woods. Does that count as experience?

:-) lol

Haha, NO!
But next time you start seeing deficiency signs that seem unexplainable I'd be willing to bet you'll take an even closer look at things. I remember saying you should look for root aphids a while back when I was seeing familiar signs and your descriptions matched my experiences. Mind you with RAs they can be super hard to confirm, so this is NOT in any way an "I told ya so".. I know you did look for them. Just that this experience will likely change the way you interpret signs, now that you know what the damage looks like.

The bitch is the fliers on sticky cards often look a LOT like fungus gnats. And finding them in the soil can be nearly impossible until the numbers have reached a catastrophic threshold.

Stoked to see you are going to run full room crops though! That's going to present a few different challenges for sure, but I think also quite a few benefits. Curious to see how you like it compared to perpetual.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I think i would try this company as an alternative to hlg.

Have you looked at Ecofarm.ca yet? Next lights I get are likely gonna be from there.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Haha, NO!
But next time you start seeing deficiency signs that seem unexplainable I'd be willing to bet you'll take an even closer look at things. I remember saying you should look for root aphids a while back when I was seeing familiar signs and your descriptions matched my experiences. Mind you with RAs they can be super hard to confirm, so this is NOT in any way an "I told ya so".. I know you did look for them. Just that this experience will likely change the way you interpret signs, now that you know what the damage looks like.

The bitch is the fliers on sticky cards often look a LOT like fungus gnats. And finding them in the soil can be nearly impossible until the numbers have reached a catastrophic threshold.

Stoked to see you are going to run full room crops though! That's going to present a few different challenges for sure, but I think also quite a few benefits. Curious to see how you like it compared to perpetual.

I grew 5 plants at a time in a 4x4 under a 600hps my first year. Then i wanted to try all different strains and started the plant after plant system.

It will be way easier to grow 8 of the same strain together in the 4x8. Im going to flower earlier to speed things up and if i can make my cold wet basement work maybe i will just run 2 4x8 shorties and do full crops in both. That would be a valuable harvest for me every 3-4 months.

Im sure seeing the value of a nice clean tent compared to my open board cabin room. Cleaning my 2 rooms is quite the project.

At least we can have our spare rooms in the living area back. Its like a 1 bedroom apartment with a big basement now.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Honestly man this is why I have a bunch of 2k rooms (7.5 x 11) vs bigger rooms or perpetual. After dealing with RA in the past and then PM when I got here Im a bleach nazi now. Just so easy to clean between everything and keep it rolling. Also gives me a spot to empty my veg room and clean that once a month without taking too hard of a hit to a flower room for too long. Tents are way EZ to clean.

We have all dealt with it at some point. No shame in the game.

basscaptain

basscaptain

No one really close enough. I can keep males outside and females inside the greenhouses and no pollination. I've even been able to keep both outside but 30+ feet apart and no pollination. I'd be hard pressed to believe I'm pollinating any other plants when I know my 2 closest neighbors are not growing. I really have an ideal property for growing.
my ex. mother and father in law lives right down the road in that trailer park to the west of you

that whole area is good growing area.......... Man when I moved up to Ecs from mira mesa back in 78- 79 I grew TREES out there for 3yrs or so......

Out by LW Place we used to Rock It......................................

I wouldn't be worried either....................................................

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Honestly man this is why I have a bunch of 2k rooms (7.5 x 11) vs bigger rooms or perpetual. After dealing with RA in the past and then PM when I got here Im a bleach nazi now. Just so easy to clean between everything and keep it rolling. Also gives me a spot to empty my veg room and clean that once a month without taking too hard of a hit to a flower room for too long. Tents are way EZ to clean.

We have all dealt with it at some point. No shame in the game.

Thanks man. Im not ashamed after all i have read about these bugs. I have no previous gardening experience. This is 6 years old but everything i experience is all new.

But yeah. Going to fully clean tents after each grow like you said.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Sorry you got root aphids, bugs suck, never had those but I've been dealing with gnats, thrips, powdery mildew & environment control issues this year.
At least new place in few weeks will give me basement space so I can clean tents properly & I'll have room for bales of hp.
Promix said stuff I got doesnt have fertilizers in it but runoff is about 1000ppm on fresh stuff so I'm not sure how that's "no fertilizer" with runoff that high lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sorry you got root aphids, bugs suck, never had those but I've been dealing with gnats, thrips, powdery mildew & environment control issues this year.
At least new place in few weeks will give me basement space so I can clean tents properly & I'll have room for bales of hp.
Promix said stuff I got doesnt have fertilizers in it but runoff is about 1000ppm on fresh stuff so I'm not sure how that's "no fertilizer" with runoff that high lol

There is a response from pro mix to an email i sent about the ppm back a couple pages or so.

The rep said thatThe american bales and the canadian bales are the same. But some states have strict fertilizer labeling laws and so pro mix eliminated listing the starter fertilizer charge on the bale or website.

5 years ago my bale said it included a starter charge. My new bale does not. But it has 1.8 ec or so.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

There is a response from pro mix to an email i sent about the ppm back a couple pages or so.

The rep said thatThe american bales and the canadian bales are the same. But some states have strict fertilizer labeling laws and so pro mix eliminated listing the starter fertilizer charge on the bale or website.

5 years ago my bale said it included a starter charge. My new bale does not. But it has 1.8 ec or so.
It's just too much for seedlings in general so far, I'm gonna try hp in few weeks so hopefully that'll be better, if I remember right the hp is really plain but guess I'll find out if I'm wrong lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It's just too much for seedlings in general so far, I'm gonna try hp in few weeks so hopefully that'll be better, if I remember right the hp is really plain but guess I'll find out if I'm wrong lol

I have a bale of HP. It has an unlabeled starter charge. But i have never had a problem with seedlings in it. Like i said my runoff was 1.8 ec (900 ppm).

You can just flush it out if you dont want it. I did that for a while til the rep finally answered my second try at emailing them.

Flushes out pretty easy but no need. Maybe you are overwatering the seedlings?

Last edited:
DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I have a bale of HP. It has an unlabeled starter charge. But i have never had a problem with seedlings in it. Like i said my runoff was 1.8 ec (900 ppm).

You can just flush it out if you dont want it. I did that for a while til the rep finally answered my second try at emailing them.

Lol, I wish I was overwatering, they dry out in between waters (pick up cup/pot method)

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I dont have hp right now, its promix moisture potting mix from walmart, says no need to feed for months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom