Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Looks like topfill and water tomorrow. Havent decided if i want to add nutes yet or stick to the starter charge in the pro mix. Wanted to experiment before but never had the chance. Not sure if there is enough for the transplants in the new soil either. This bale read .7 ec and 6.3 ph which seems low for a fertilizer charge. And last bale read 1.2ec and 5.0 ph until watered in for a week then solid 6.3 every time. That bale seemed drier and they were both 2 months old according to the mix date stamp.

Storage and/or local climate must affect the sealed bales?

Anyway the 2 on the left almost dry are Blue lemon Thai and the right are Black Widow x BLT and they are a couple days behind from sprout.

52AC29CD 021F 46F9 BD11 B319FF60EAAC

Madmax

Madmax

hi mate.i wonder if it has anything to do with the terpenes of plant.ive grown for 3 decades outdoors and all of the cannabis that ive grown never really smelled till you get a couple feet away.well i bought some seeds sunset sherbet couple seasons back and phwoooar they stunk up the place and i had those gnats and aphids and whiteflies and all before that have never even seen them on my plants ever..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

hi mate.i wonder if it has anything to do with the terpenes of plant.ive grown for 3 decades outdoors and all of the cannabis that ive grown never really smelled till you get a couple feet away.well i bought some seeds sunset sherbet couple seasons back and phwoooar they stunk up the place and i had those gnats and aphids and whiteflies and all before that have never even seen them on my plants ever..

Well the terpenes i thought are supposed to repel pests but nature always finds a way.

In my case i brought the aphids and gnats in infected bags of soil stored in an out of business grow store warehouse.

Got the best yields ever and been dealing with the bugs unseen ever since.

Well not anymore i think.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I've just started my latest grow with seeds to drop off an ever ending plague of tough thrips, they would haunt my veg plants and become a major problem in flower, seems to be working at the minute, touch wood.

Im going to try botanigard. I should be fine. I threw out all infected plants in both rooms and harvested the close ones weeks ago. And i have cleaned the hell out of everything twice.

chemistry

chemistry

Fingers crossed. 🤞 Seems the common bugs are resistant to most things that used to work, it's got to the point where I don't want to spray things that come with a cancer warning on the packet, all over my plants, so like you I bit the bullet and dumped the lot, and man will I be pissed if the come back. lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Fingers crossed. 🤞 Seems the common bugs are resistant to most things that used to work, it's got to the point where I don't want to spray things that come with a cancer warning on the packet, all over my plants, so like you I bit the bullet and dumped the lot, and man will I be pissed if the come back. lol

Botanigard is a naturally occuring fungus. Can even soak the roots in flower. But if it doesnt work i will add imid in veg. That is harsh chemical stuff.

I have never had to deal with pests in 6 years in this room. Guess it was time for a crash course in farming. Lol.

chemistry

chemistry

Funny you should say six years, this is my 6/7 year indoor growing, and the bugs seem to have got tougher to eradicate every year, and it's funny that we were both driven to take the same drastic steps. Looks like there may be a big problem if a lot of other folk are finding the same thing. We know they build up a tolerance to sprays and potions, zombie bugs. 👾

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So since i have a bunch of last couple fem seeds in old packs i decided to plant a pair of seeds every week or two until the room is filled and then i will flip it back to 12/12. I will get the veg tent going (or open up the veg room havent decided) soon.

The system worked so well for so long i think i should continue what i was doing.

I will figure out an IPM system for all plants in veg from now on and make sure i keep things much cleaner than i have during my back injury.

So 2 POW x Blue Lemon Thai seeds are in the propogator this morning waiting to tap root.

I will likely keep vegging the small plants under the 600 w blue until they dont fit on only one side then i will fire up the pair of 600 w ushio hps’.

Back to work! :-)

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Botanigard is a naturally occuring fungus. Can even soak the roots in flower. But if it doesnt work i will add imid in veg. That is harsh chemical stuff.

I have never had to deal with pests in 6 years in this room. Guess it was time for a crash course in farming. Lol.
I mention next Harvest I was going to take my root zone out and slice it up and see if I could spot any aphids cuz of those weird Speckles I'm having on the leaves but of course I forgot and it dried out so anything in there is dead by now

Anyway I've got another one coming ripe in a few weeks so I'm going to inspect it, I'm particularly concerned after I saw the billion aphids on my tomatoes, and also after this happened to a careful grower like yourself, so now I'm a little concerned about pests too

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I mention next Harvest I was going to take my root zone out and slice it up and see if I could spot any aphids cuz of those weird Speckles I'm having on the leaves but of course I forgot and it dried out so anything in there is dead by now

Anyway I've got another one coming ripe in a few weeks so I'm going to inspect it, I'm particularly concerned after I saw the billion aphids on my tomatoes, and also after this happened to a careful grower like yourself, so now I'm a little concerned about pests too

The root aphids are so hard to spot. They color camouflage themselves but when they are white from the roots i finally saw the little 1/2 millimeter hi gs crawling on the inside edge and top edge of the pot when watering.

I read they produce a white fuzzy discharge to look for at the base of the plant and on the roots but i never knew what i was looking at. When i destroyed the mature infested plants i could see the crystalized fuzzy white stuff on the root ball. It is all bery hard to see in my opinion. Even the fliers on the yellow sticky cards were so small i couldnt be sure until i spotted the tiny white crawling insects on the edge of the pot.

My eyesight isnt as bad as yours sounds but i am at the need bifocals stage and unless i take my glasses off and look real close i would never have spotted them.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

The root aphids are so hard to spot. They color camouflage themselves but when they are white from the roots i finally saw the little 1/2 millimeter hi gs crawling on the inside edge and top edge of the pot when watering.

I read they produce a white fuzzy discharge to look for at the base of the plant and on the roots but i never knew what i was looking at. When i destroyed the mature infested plants i could see the crystalized fuzzy white stuff on the root ball. It is all bery hard to see in my opinion. Even the fliers on the yellow sticky cards were so small i couldnt be sure until i spotted the tiny white crawling insects on the edge of the pot.

My eyesight isnt as bad as yours sounds but i am at the need bifocals stage and unless i take my glasses off and look real close i would never have spotted them.
Well even though I screwed up on my thread " is this an aphid or a fungus gnat ?" Or titled something like that by posting pictures of both fucking fungus gnats instead of one of each (I wonder if that's skewed the poll?🤔)

the consensus from those who know was that I'm dealing with fungus gnats, and they are the same bugs I've had for 5 years, so I think they are gnats

so I don't really know what this weird spotting is that seems to be going on on otherwise completely healthy plants?

they show up, they spot and they stay there and never change; they don't become necrotic it's weird?

here let me snap a pic now I've got one right here

There light brown or even beige The Flash just makes them look white and glowing

I've got the same marks on a couple different strains not all but a few so that's what's got me wondering (ps. They only show up in bloom, and are only on this current set of plants in bloom too)

Also I don't believe it's any kind of fungus because it never changed it hasn't changed in months it's the same spot that it was months ago when it appeared??

Weird!

Edit: my thinking is that this is something coming from the roots which is why I wonder if I've got some kind of pest chomping on my roots and spots are showing up here and there on the leaves?

I could be way off base on this but I can't think of any other reason that's causing these spots

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I havent posted a pic of my seed propogator recently. Lot of seed and seedling threads lately so heres how i do it.

I stole the tortilla warmer from Mrs. MMG’s kitchen. Lol i think we have all acquired a few items from there. ;-)

The heat mat and controller are hydro farm jump start brand and have eliminated my temp problem here. I used to use a desk lamp with a cfl over it but now its all led bulbs with no ambient heat. Worked great back when i had 60w incandescent bulbs.

Anyway the cold room in winter or mid summer with the ac blasting would inhibit seed germination. Proper temp is key.

I put the seeds in a moist coffee filter with my 150ppm 8.0 ph well water and in the open sandwich baggie. And then cover the warmer for darkness.

I have not soaked a seed in a glass of water since the greenhouse seeds instructions from their website my first grow. And most seeds have germinated fine. Hundreds of seeds from different breeders.

2E00C2B9 B878 4573 A902 6E374B6EF028
4D542673 EC54 41D6 A169 A728BFBE9AB5

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well even though I screwed up on my thread " is this an aphid or a fungus gnat ?" Or titled something like that by posting pictures of both fucking fungus gnats instead of one of each (I wonder if that's skewed the poll?🤔)

the consensus from those who know was that I'm dealing with fungus gnats, and they are the same bugs I've had for 5 years, so I think they are gnats

so I don't really know what this weird spotting is that seems to be going on on otherwise completely healthy plants?

they show up, they spot and they stay there and never change; they don't become necrotic it's weird?

here let me snap a pic now I've got one right here

View attachment 1017307

There light brown or even beige The Flash just makes them look white and glowing

I've got the same marks on a couple different strains not all but a few so that's what's got me wondering

Also I don't believe it's any kind of fungus because it never changed it hasn't changed in months it's the same spot that it was months ago when it appeared??

I dont know what that is but it is not like the deficiencies the root aphids caused me. It was definitely a mag deficiency first then like lockout with the striping then spotting then necrosis on every fan leaf first then progresses to yellowing and wilting the whole plant with enough root bugs.

At the end i would fertilize and the plant would continue to degrade and when i check runoff in a few days (if they drank at all) and the ec out would be much lower than in. They were sucking out all the nutrients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom