Mimed’s Perpetual Thread

• Thread starter MIMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I dont know what that is but it is not like the deficiencies the root aphids caused me. It was definitely a mag deficiency first then like lockout with the striping then spotting then necrosis on every fan leaf first then progresses to yellowing and wilting the whole plant with enough root bugs.

At the end i would fertilize and the plant would continue to degrade and when i check runoff in a few days (if they drank at all) and the ec out would be much lower than in. They were sucking out all the nutrients.
Right I've been following along with you right along but I don't know what the hell this is I do have a billion aphids out in my tomatoes and I can't seem to wrap my head around this one if I'm honest??

I could be way off base my roots could be fine and even re: the fungus gnats there are very few and hardly any In Bloom for some reason, so I just don't know about this one

Tribe

Tribe

I guess after 5 years of perpetual growing and more than 35 years smoking herb and in the industries black market its time i start my own thread.

I grow a small but productive medical garden with mrs. Mmg and i allowed up to 24 plants. We both have realized health benefits from weed and have strived for top quality in the garden over yield or money.

Greed is the killer when farming in my opinion. Patience and details are key.

For now i just want to post some pics from last night when i entered the flower room at lights on.

I just love it when things are going well (of course) and had to take pics of the garden waking up.

Each plant is from a feminized seed and is a different strain/cross/pheno staggared about 10 days apart on average for a continued variety of flowers.

I did this also to remain in plant count with a higher output and space management per month while keeping to the rediculous 2.5 oz per patient rule of weed on hand allowed.

The house has appeared to be in full compliance the whole time.

With rec now legal i may monocrop in a new 4x8 tent and actually take some time off. I have gardened every day for 4 years in a row.

I have health issues from birth that prematurely ended my sales management carreer and now work more often. Lol.

Sorry. I will shut up now and post pics.

View attachment 860397 View attachment 860398 View attachment 860399 View attachment 860400 View attachment 860401 View attachment 860402

Presently these are all CH9 seeds. I have tried many different seeds and we tend to like ch9 best. Almost 100% germination after hundreds of plants and fantastic old school effects combined with strong medical effects. And bred from some of the best genetics ever available in my opinion.

I will still mix in other genetics as I go.

Hope that was a good intro. I will try to update often and all other growers are welcome. Except for trolls. Lol.
I’m a combat DAV. I’m 65 and been smoking pot for 51 years this June. Be careful it’s a “ gateway” drug! Lol I’m going to be stockpiling my medicine the way I want. In quantity I want and need. I realize most people can’t because the “man” hates happy people. But I’ve always been a bit sideways with the law dawgs. I’m not sure what we can legally grow and store but I was on moriphine and loritab since 77 and now I’m Pharm clean and just trying to be a farmer! Let em come down on me. Lol blessings to you and yours! Van

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I’m a combat DAV. I’m 65 and been smoking pot for 51 years this June. Be careful it’s a “ gateway” drug! Lol I’m going to be stockpiling my medicine the way I want. In quantity I want and need. I realize most people can’t because the “man” hates happy people. But I’ve always been a bit sideways with the law dawgs. I’m not sure what we can legally grow and store but I was on moriphine and loritab since 77 and now I’m Pharm clean and just trying to be a farmer! Let em come down on me. Lol blessings to you and yours! Van

Welcome Tribe!

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Right I've been following along with you right along but I don't know what the hell this is I do have a billion aphids out in my tomatoes and I can't seem to wrap my head around this one if I'm honest??

I could be way off base my roots could be fine and even re: the fungus gnats there are very few and hardly any In Bloom for some reason, so I just don't know about this one

My guess is some sort of fungus or mold. I think some plants (especially when nats or flying bugs seem to be lurking) get spots on the underleaf, and it's become enough of a problem in that spot that it' necrosed the leaf though it's entire thickness. For me, occasional spots like this remain a mystery, but it's almost always accompanied by a flying bug or two.

It's also why I'm more diligent about clearing out a few of the bottom leaves before flowering, and things like constant air flow, and doing preventative measures (Dr Bonners pure castile soap 1TBSP and 1tsp of olive oil/canola oil in a liter of spray) several times during the vegetative cycle.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I havent posted a pic of my seed propogator recently. Lot of seed and seedling threads lately so heres how i do it.

I stole the tortilla warmer from Mrs. MMG’s kitchen. Lol i think we have all acquired a few items from there. ;-)

The heat mat and controller are hydro farm jump start brand and have eliminated my temp problem here. I used to use a desk lamp with a cfl over it but now its all led bulbs with no ambient heat. Worked great back when i had 60w incandescent bulbs.

Anyway the cold room in winter or mid summer with the ac blasting would inhibit seed germination. Proper temp is key.

I put the seeds in a moist coffee filter with my 150ppm 8.0 ph well water and in the open sandwich baggie. And then cover the warmer for darkness.

I have not soaked a seed in a glass of water since the greenhouse seeds instructions from their website my first grow. And most seeds have germinated fine. Hundreds of seeds from different breeders.

View attachment 1017308View attachment 1017309

Dude, you've sold me on this method. I keep forgetting to pick up coffee filters at the store. My tortilla warmer has become part of my horticulture equipment. Do the roots ever stick to the coffee filters?

basscaptain

basscaptain

I have that to or something like it.... I calked it up to the weather here cause I have never seen it before.......

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So i filled up the BLT cups with more pro mix hp to promote more roots and support the stretching seedlings.

Also ran some water through one BLT to see the ppm’s and the runoff was only .5 ec. Starter charge seems low in this bale. Maybe got activated during the heat wave earlier this summer. Thats when it would have got here from the date on the bale.

Anyway i mixed up 2 ml protekt, 4ml foliage pro and .75 ml ph down in a gallon of water and poured through both BLT’s.

Got out .6 ec on one and .8 on the other. Good enough to get them going til transplant.

62B8C2C2 79EC 47B2 AEAA B3884461E608

chemistry

chemistry

So i filled up the BLT cups with more pro mix hp to promote more roots and support the stretching seedlings.

Also ran some water through one BLT to see the ppm’s and the runoff was only .5 ec. Starter charge seems low in this bale. Maybe got activated during the heat wave earlier this summer. Thats when it would have got here from the date on the bale.

Anyway i mixed up 2 ml protekt, 4ml foliage pro and .75 ml ph down in a gallon of water and poured through both BLT’s.

Got out .6 ec on one and .8 on the other. Good enough to get them going til transplant.

View attachment 1017686

Good luck, I'm bug free at the moment, just started week 2 of flower. 👍

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Good luck, I'm bug free at the moment, just started week 2 of flower. 👍

No sign here yet. If there are more root aphids they come from winterized eggs at this point. But i read their eggs can stay viable for up to 6 months.

I plant to treat with botanigard a couple times in 1 gallons and once in the final 3 before flower to try and be sure.

Like microbe lift the botanigard can be mixed with fertilizer.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
In your root aphid battle, did you ever try hydrogen peroxide in the soil?

I tried it and it slowed them a bit maybe? But didnt come close to stopping them. I tried drenching with peroxide, neem, even safers end all.. Didnt stop the bastards. They are one of the few pests along with two spotted and russet mites that require effective targeted ipm using specific pesticides, otherwise scrap it and start over. They dont fuck around, and neither should a grower who has them.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I tried it and it slowed them a bit maybe? But didnt come close to stopping them. I tried drenching with peroxide, neem, even safers end all.. Didnt stop the bastards. They are one of the few pests along with two spotted and russet mites that require effective targeted ipm using specific pesticides, otherwise scrap it and start over. They dont fuck around, and neither should a grower who has them.

That makes me feel so much better about aggressively heat treating my dirt. 😄

I was just curious to see the extent to which it would work, or did. Just in case I'm ever unfortunate enough to have them.

wtfdaemon

wtfdaemon

Well even though I screwed up on my thread " is this an aphid or a fungus gnat ?" Or titled something like that by posting pictures of both fucking fungus gnats instead of one of each (I wonder if that's skewed the poll?🤔)

the consensus from those who know was that I'm dealing with fungus gnats, and they are the same bugs I've had for 5 years, so I think they are gnats

so I don't really know what this weird spotting is that seems to be going on on otherwise completely healthy plants?

they show up, they spot and they stay there and never change; they don't become necrotic it's weird?

here let me snap a pic now I've got one right here

View attachment 1017307

There light brown or even beige The Flash just makes them look white and glowing

I've got the same marks on a couple different strains not all but a few so that's what's got me wondering (ps. They only show up in bloom, and are only on this current set of plants in bloom too)

Also I don't believe it's any kind of fungus because it never changed it hasn't changed in months it's the same spot that it was months ago when it appeared??

Weird!

Edit: my thinking is that this is something coming from the roots which is why I wonder if I've got some kind of pest chomping on my roots and spots are showing up here and there on the leaves?

I could be way off base on this but I can't think of any other reason that's causing these spots

That looks like insect damage to me, fwiw. If it was outdoors, I'd think caterpillar or grasshopper damage.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well I added another pair of seedlings to the mix. 2 Citral x Pow 33. One is showing already. 24 hours to tap root and about the same to be a little sea monster under that makeshift soda bottle dome.

I only keep them on to protect them and give a calm environment while they sprout. One of my ideas when i was a noob. When she stands up i will remove the dome. Probably dont even need it for seedlings.

Tonight i will top fill and water/feed the middle 2 seedlings. I like to give them plenty of dry time for new roots to search and fill each pot as much as possible. But they are pretty dry now. Took a week since i watered in and planted the taprooted seed.

The first two like the mix i used so 1ml protekt and 2 ml foliage pro will be given.

Not too happy about the nutrient charge being so low on this bale. Pro mix is easy for me to get fresh. Other options not as much. I guess its easy enough to deal with a varying starter charge. Last bale had twice as high ec.

A3E35601 C2B5 40DF BA5F 045EE88F5C8C
F3CB9038 EA82 4827 9601 CD22F5304231
D898B19F FE45 42A5 94AD BBA8879D3B78

By the way. The bulb is a 600w Hortilux Blue and the seedlings are about 40” from the glass.

They should grow pretty fast under there. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom